“Great Spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had an amazing time at the spa... Got there early, so there were no people in sauna, steam room, or jacuzzi... Very private experience, I highly recommend going in @ 6am. My massage was phenomenal; really enjoyed the staff, customer service/attention, my masseuse had magical hands.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus Junction, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was in Minneapolis for national junior qualifier. Chose the Ivy because of its locacation and proximity to the playing area. The Hotel was clean, very nice room, huge television and a very comfortable bed. It was probably the nicest Hotel we have stayed in with one exception. We knew going in we would have to pay for parking and Internet, no big deal because we knew the extra cost going in and were o.k. wit it. Got the bill for the extra costs and we were assessed a $10.69 fee for a hospitality bar, (liquor refrigerator). Neither my wife drink, we had no use for this and were surprised when this cost was added. In my mind this was a hidden cost that we should have been told about. It is not the money that bothers me, ten dollars is not much; however on principle we felt this was an easy way for them to get money for something neither of us wanted, did not use and was unfair. I would have rated this Hotel an easy 5 if it were not for this. I have some principles I live by, I feel they were a bit amiss for not telling us. I feel strong enough about this that when I return, I would not stay at the Ivy. If they would not have hit us up for hidden costs, I would return to this place in a heartbeat. It was an absolutely fabulous place to stay,

Room Tip: Find out all costs before registering.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had to travel to Minneapolis for a weeks worth of business trip. I thought long and hard about where to stay, especially since my rate is the same whatever hotel I choose. I selected this property because at the end of the day, I ended a place to where I can come back from a long days worth of work and relax. The room is a bit larger than a standard hotel and has an armoir strategically placed to deified the room for more function (splits the room up). The real reaossn I chose this hotel is because of the soaker tub. I am a larger person, and my trip to Minneapoliskept me on my feet and walking on concrete and marble floors. Needless to say I was beat, and that tub was just what the doctor ordered.

On to the staff - great, I mean great! Either they really did know who I was, or they were faking it but at all times they made me feel like I was the only one they were helping out. Real personalized attention. Two Managers really helped out and also took their time talking to me and making sure my stay was good. One was named Gailie, the other I do not remember her name but both were great! The reception desk clerk who checked me (Janice I think) in was super helpful and knew I was there for an extended amount of time and she was careful to make sure I had a very quite and comfortable room.

Now I know some of you readers want to know what to look for in the room as far as the "bad" so here are a couple of things.
1 - the hot water does take a little while to get to temperature. I did not bring this to the engineers attention because I was just tired and since I was on the 11th floor maybe the hot water takes a little longer to travel that far up. NO harm no foul - just adjusted accordingly.

2one day my room was not serviced by housekeeping, I came back from a long day at work (weekend) and the bed was not made, no towels - just like I had left it when I left in the am. I called the operator and they sent the turn down lady to help me out. at the end of the day I was just annoyed but not bothered.

3 - kitchen closes at 11pm - well because the other restaurant is undergoing construction - the only reason this is a problem because I was working until very late and I would literally run to the hotel trying to get my order in. The front desk was mor than happy to put my order in from the desk as I went up to my room.

All in all I am super happy with the staff, the hotel, the location, everything - really consider this place when booking your stay.

the spa is awesome too!

Room Tip: Away from elevators
Green Features: go green it is good, but I did not opt in - I was there too long.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Monge405,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind and generous comments as well. I am happy that you enjoyed the soaking tub and that you were well taken care of during your stay. I will be sure to pass your accolade on to my entire team. I will also be sure to address the concerns and issues you brought forward. I do hope to see you again soon.

Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While working a photography event in Minneapolis, the company put the staff in the Ivy based on the proximity to the convention center. The customer service was great from the start. We worked late so the door from the convention center was locked, and Eugene immediately came and let us in. We got to our room and with two girls in the room it was immediately clear that we were going to need more shampoo and shower supplies. Eugene, once again, was quick to bring us a bag of goodies for our stay. The beds are heavenly and I didn't want to get out of the bed on Monday after working so many hours at the event. The bathroom is big and very nice..my only complaint in the bathroom was the shower water did not come out strong enough and it took time to get shampoo and conditioner out of my hair. Although the restaurant was under construction, we ate breakfast in the lounge each morning. The breakfast was wonderful and the service was quick. I hope when we come back for events that we will always stay at the Ivy, as it is a must stay on my list.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tammy P,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I am so happy that the company put you up with us and I am more happy that you were impressed with your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my entire team, and Eugene in particular. I do hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A nice hotel thatappears to be undergoing some minor renovations in the hallways in bar area. Our room was very nice; we were fortunate to be upgraded to a Junior suite. I would not have been happy with a smaller room for the price we paid. Our room was nice and fresh in appearance. The check in staff was very personable. In fact, all of the staff was very friendly. Room service was astonishingly quick, and the hamburger was very hot! My only real complaint was that the towels were as rough as sandpaper and gray. This hotel is only about two blocks from the convention center.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Travelwonder24,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I will be sure to pass them along to my entire team but to Room Service in particular. I will also look into the linen observations.

Thank you again for your stay and I do hope to see you again soon.

Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for a night on business in January. Nice place would highly recommend it if you need to be downtown. I travel to Minneapolis frequently and will add this to my list of regular hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I am so pleased that you will put us on your list of regular hotels. We are close to completing a total transformation of our hotel and I am sure you will be even more impressed in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

I travel for a living and the Hotel Ivy 'leads the way' in terms of customer service.

Specifically, Sarah L., has mastered the art of above and beyond. Not just on a single occasion, she goes above and beyond every occasion.

Sarah - keep up the great work and you will see me back at the Ivy!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Dear Tim S,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for pointing out the great service of one of our Ambassadors. We did share your comments with her and the entire team. I do hope to see you again in the near future.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!