“Very Comfortable Place to Stay, With Great Courteous Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very Comfortable Place to Stay, With Great Courteous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had to travel to Minneapolis for a weeks worth of business trip. I thought long and hard about where to stay, especially since my rate is the same whatever hotel I choose. I selected this property because at the end of the day, I ended a place to where I can come back from a long days worth of work and relax. The room is a bit larger than a standard hotel and has an armoir strategically placed to deified the room for more function (splits the room up). The real reaossn I chose this hotel is because of the soaker tub. I am a larger person, and my trip to Minneapoliskept me on my feet and walking on concrete and marble floors. Needless to say I was beat, and that tub was just what the doctor ordered.

On to the staff - great, I mean great! Either they really did know who I was, or they were faking it but at all times they made me feel like I was the only one they were helping out. Real personalized attention. Two Managers really helped out and also took their time talking to me and making sure my stay was good. One was named Gailie, the other I do not remember her name but both were great! The reception desk clerk who checked me (Janice I think) in was super helpful and knew I was there for an extended amount of time and she was careful to make sure I had a very quite and comfortable room.

Now I know some of you readers want to know what to look for in the room as far as the "bad" so here are a couple of things.
1 - the hot water does take a little while to get to temperature. I did not bring this to the engineers attention because I was just tired and since I was on the 11th floor maybe the hot water takes a little longer to travel that far up. NO harm no foul - just adjusted accordingly.

2one day my room was not serviced by housekeeping, I came back from a long day at work (weekend) and the bed was not made, no towels - just like I had left it when I left in the am. I called the operator and they sent the turn down lady to help me out. at the end of the day I was just annoyed but not bothered.

3 - kitchen closes at 11pm - well because the other restaurant is undergoing construction - the only reason this is a problem because I was working until very late and I would literally run to the hotel trying to get my order in. The front desk was mor than happy to put my order in from the desk as I went up to my room.

All in all I am super happy with the staff, the hotel, the location, everything - really consider this place when booking your stay.

the spa is awesome too!

Room Tip: Away from elevators
Green Features: go green it is good, but I did not opt in - I was there too long.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Monge405,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind and generous comments as well. I am happy that you enjoyed the soaking tub and that you were well taken care of during your stay. I will be sure to pass your accolade on to my entire team. I will also be sure to address the concerns and issues you brought forward. I do hope to see you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While working a photography event in Minneapolis, the company put the staff in the Ivy based on the proximity to the convention center. The customer service was great from the start. We worked late so the door from the convention center was locked, and Eugene immediately came and let us in. We got to our room and with two girls in the room it was immediately clear that we were going to need more shampoo and shower supplies. Eugene, once again, was quick to bring us a bag of goodies for our stay. The beds are heavenly and I didn't want to get out of the bed on Monday after working so many hours at the event. The bathroom is big and very nice..my only complaint in the bathroom was the shower water did not come out strong enough and it took time to get shampoo and conditioner out of my hair. Although the restaurant was under construction, we ate breakfast in the lounge each morning. The breakfast was wonderful and the service was quick. I hope when we come back for events that we will always stay at the Ivy, as it is a must stay on my list.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tammy P,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I am so happy that the company put you up with us and I am more happy that you were impressed with your stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments to my entire team, and Eugene in particular. I do hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A nice hotel thatappears to be undergoing some minor renovations in the hallways in bar area. Our room was very nice; we were fortunate to be upgraded to a Junior suite. I would not have been happy with a smaller room for the price we paid. Our room was nice and fresh in appearance. The check in staff was very personable. In fact, all of the staff was very friendly. Room service was astonishingly quick, and the hamburger was very hot! My only real complaint was that the towels were as rough as sandpaper and gray. This hotel is only about two blocks from the convention center.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Travelwonder24,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I will be sure to pass them along to my entire team but to Room Service in particular. I will also look into the linen observations.

Thank you again for your stay and I do hope to see you again soon.

Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for a night on business in January. Nice place would highly recommend it if you need to be downtown. I travel to Minneapolis frequently and will add this to my list of regular hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I am so pleased that you will put us on your list of regular hotels. We are close to completing a total transformation of our hotel and I am sure you will be even more impressed in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

I travel for a living and the Hotel Ivy 'leads the way' in terms of customer service.

Specifically, Sarah L., has mastered the art of above and beyond. Not just on a single occasion, she goes above and beyond every occasion.

Sarah - keep up the great work and you will see me back at the Ivy!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Tim S,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for pointing out the great service of one of our Ambassadors. We did share your comments with her and the entire team. I do hope to see you again in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Stayed in this hotel this past weekend. It's a beautiful hotel and in a convenient spot. The problem was that there was NO HOT WATER the entire weekend. With Minnesota temperatures, this is just ridiculous! In addition, the hotels solution to the hotel not having water was for us to take our stuff to the YMCA and shower there. YUCK! How is that a reasonable solution?!?!?! People stay in hotels so that they are comfortable. The staff was very unapologetic for this huge inconvenience. Also, our room needed new light bulbs - as 2 of them were out. The room, in general, with working light bulbs is very dark. There are no can lights in the ceiling and I had a really hard time seeing in the room. The room also really needed a good dusting. There was a lot of dust on top of the dresser, doors, etc. With all of the many hotel options downtown MSP, we will be staying somewhere else next time. Our experience is really unfortunate for the hotel as we have been in MSP 5 times over the last year. They could have won us over but really missed the mark.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Bella92694

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for detailing your stay as well. I do know that we had system wide problems with our water that weekend and I do apologize for that. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team for so that we can act on the issue you brought forward.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

It was my first visit to the twin cities for two business meetings within one day and an early flight out the next morning. I started my Monday with a 7am flight that I prechecked the night before. I left the house at 5:50am, had the perfect parking spot, and was surprised by TSA putting me in the express line where I didn’t have to take off shoes or pull out the laptop! I walked straight through and on to the plane. Everything on time. Before my first meeting I had breakfast a local cafe where the waitress was flirted me out of $5 tip on $7 breakfast special. Both meetings went extremely well, and I was on top of the world at dinner with wines and great company. Needless to say I was quite content and satisfied.
Screeching halt!!!!
I get to the hotel and they could not find my prepaid reservation! Despite all of Claire’s efforts, and my smile going quickly to a concerning frown, she asked her manager, Galie to step in. Galie took charge and took care of me. She heard me describing my wonderful day up until this point, and she upgraded my room to a suite, gave me drink voucher, and assured me that I would not be double charged. She winked at Claire and proceeded to tell me that she would do all she could to personally make my great day go to the next level. It was at that moment that I realized that if I could hire Claire and Galie and steal them to be my personal assistants, I would have no hesitations! They really made sure that I felt that I was a valued customer. Then I get to my upgraded room, and I lost all composure. They upgraded me to the penthouse suite! I had to put on the spa robe, get comfortable and relax with my Maker’s Mark. What an end to a perfectly successful day.
Thanks Minneapolis Hotel Ivy and Galie! You delivered on the promise and took a great day way beyond the next level! No need to tell you where I am staying next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Dear KemalC791,

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing and describing the wonderful story. We are very proud of our team and I will be sure to share your accolades.

I do hope you return soon!

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!