“If you don't stay here you have not lived.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“If you don't stay here you have not lived.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was my first visit to the twin cities for two business meetings within one day and an early flight out the next morning. I started my Monday with a 7am flight that I prechecked the night before. I left the house at 5:50am, had the perfect parking spot, and was surprised by TSA putting me in the express line where I didn’t have to take off shoes or pull out the laptop! I walked straight through and on to the plane. Everything on time. Before my first meeting I had breakfast a local cafe where the waitress was flirted me out of $5 tip on $7 breakfast special. Both meetings went extremely well, and I was on top of the world at dinner with wines and great company. Needless to say I was quite content and satisfied.
Screeching halt!!!!
I get to the hotel and they could not find my prepaid reservation! Despite all of Claire’s efforts, and my smile going quickly to a concerning frown, she asked her manager, Galie to step in. Galie took charge and took care of me. She heard me describing my wonderful day up until this point, and she upgraded my room to a suite, gave me drink voucher, and assured me that I would not be double charged. She winked at Claire and proceeded to tell me that she would do all she could to personally make my great day go to the next level. It was at that moment that I realized that if I could hire Claire and Galie and steal them to be my personal assistants, I would have no hesitations! They really made sure that I felt that I was a valued customer. Then I get to my upgraded room, and I lost all composure. They upgraded me to the penthouse suite! I had to put on the spa robe, get comfortable and relax with my Maker’s Mark. What an end to a perfectly successful day.
Thanks Minneapolis Hotel Ivy and Galie! You delivered on the promise and took a great day way beyond the next level! No need to tell you where I am staying next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose the Ivy hotel when we stayed in Minneapolis for a show at the convention center because of its location and reasonable price. We were very happy with our choice! It indeed was close, a short walk through the skyway. The room was spotless, quiet, and comfortable. Although one web site had prices from $179 on up, we only paid $119 plus tax. They have valet parking, but I used one of several ramps just across the street. We will definitly stay there next time we are in Minneapolis.

• Stayed February 2015
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel often for business and the Ivy is hands-down the best hotel in the city. The rooms are large and always perfectly clean. The gym is a full-scale spa and athletic club, not the typical tiny hotel setup.

What really sets the Ivy apart though are the people. From the doormen to the front desk to the restaurant, everybody goes out of their way to make each trip exceptional.

Whether you're traveling for work or vacation, I can't imagine a better place to stay in Minneapolis.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was great from the Valet, check-in, to the restaurant. We will definitely return. My family had a great time in the city. Staff was very friendly and professional. Location is perfect and we loved the heated underground valet service.

Stayed January 2015
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. The heated underground parking is a real "plus" this time of year! I do hope to see you again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is well laid out, nice design esthetics throughout building and rooms are updated with contemporary interiors. Doormen, bellhop, and front desk were on point tonight (very welcoming). I used the gym; however, spa/fitness staff seemed distracted, didn't interact well with guest and when close to closing hours and ask for reservations or to use gentleman's facilities they were not very receptive (giving me the feeling they prefered to go home over accommodating guests).. Lastly, I built my business with saying "yes" no matter what... staff in a 4 to 5 star hotel need to refocus abit and understand when you waver from the standard.. you lose revenues and hurt the team.

Overall, hotel is great place just ran into abit of rough patch with spa staff..

• Stayed January 2015
Dear matt I,

Thanks you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. Thank you as well for your feed back on your Spa experience and I will certainly address those issues. I do hope you will return soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

Had a great little Twin Cities overnight at the Ivy. Very friendly front desk staff and attentive valet parkers. The room was well appointed with designer touches and a great bed! A spacious, well furnished lobby with complimentary Starbucks coffee, newspapers (NY Times, WSJ, Star Tribune) and nice grouping of spaces for quiet discussions or catching up on the news. Had a couple of drinks in the bar with a great bartender (Alex?) and a pre-bed snack of poutine (look it up). Only complaint was that we only could stay one night, but we will be back again,

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18th floor...pretty nice.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear LawboyMinn,

Thank you for recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well! I will be sure to pass them along to my entire team and I do hope that you will return soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

From the time I entered the Hotel I felt home. I was greated with warmth and graciousness by John the Bellman. John would become invaluable to me through room switches and errands. Class A gent. Sarah at front desk, truly professional!!! Great spa and great location..I will be back

• Stayed December 2014
Dear alexgraphics,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. We do have a wonderful staff and I appreciate you pointing them out. Thank you for your loyalty and I hope to see you again soon!

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!