“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Rochester, Minnesota
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Had a great little Twin Cities overnight at the Ivy. Very friendly front desk staff and attentive valet parkers. The room was well appointed with designer touches and a great bed! A spacious, well furnished lobby with complimentary Starbucks coffee, newspapers (NY Times, WSJ, Star Tribune) and nice grouping of spaces for quiet discussions or catching up on the news. Had a couple of drinks in the bar with a great bartender (Alex?) and a pre-bed snack of poutine (look it up). Only complaint was that we only could stay one night, but we will be back again,

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18th floor...pretty nice.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

From the time I entered the Hotel I felt home. I was greated with warmth and graciousness by John the Bellman. John would become invaluable to me through room switches and errands. Class A gent. Sarah at front desk, truly professional!!! Great spa and great location..I will be back

• Stayed December 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We regularly stay at Hotel Ivy for one night "stay-cations" with our children. We get adjoining rooms and snuggle in with room service while we watch in-room movies of our choice in our room and the kids watch newly-released kid movies in their room. Hotel Ivy has STOPPED offering in-room movies as an amenity! Secondly, we had a mistake with our room-service order (we were brought a chicken dinner instead of a turkey club sandwich) and the server very clearly gave us the impression it was our mistake. Despite these two flaws, the rooms were so accommodating, luxurious and clean, as always with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel to Minneapolis frequently and I had been wanting to stay at the Ivy for a while but I was never able to get a good rate. I occasionally visit the spa there when I need a mid-week pick me up mani/pedi.

The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel has a boutique feel.

My room was very sleek looking with a big comfortable bed. At night it was very quiet which is important to me when traveling on business.

My only complaint was that it's somewhat on the edge of the skyways.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

We stay at the Ivy every December for a weekend away. Over the past three years, the Ivy has really gone downhill on many levels. This year, we were "upgraded" to a suite on the 18th floor. As far as we could tell, the only difference between this "suite" and every other room we've stayed in was it's location on the 18th floor. The room size and layout were the same as any other room. This year we were particularly disappointed in a few things. First, the carpet in this particular room was old and worn and had large bulges in it throughout the room - careful you don't trip! Also, the past year the Hotel Ivy got rid of their in room movie system. What your left with is two dozen crappy cable stations - and the TV and TV remote were horribly slow - it took ten seconds just for the TV to go from one channel to the next. I know that seems petty, but we like to sit around and watch a lot of TV and it was incredibly frustrating to do. They have also really let their room service food slide. The breakfast we ordered up to the room was not acceptable and left us both feeling ill. We mentioned these things when we checked out. They promptly apologized and then told us their computer systems were not working and they would be unable to give us a receipt and would not be able to email one either. If we wanted a receipt of some kind we would have to call back in the next couple days and they could mail us one. Ridiculous.

The Hotel Ivy is located in a good spot - close to the convention center and to a bunch of good restaurants - but they have really have let everything slide. It seems like a crappy hotel trying to be an upscale hotel. There are plenty of other options nearby - check them out - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a "suite" or room on a high floor - we have stayed here enough to...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear wamu,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. I do apologize for the carpet in your guest room. We will have that repaired. We will also be renovating all of the guest rooms beginning in February 2015 and they will be stunning. Please let me also apologize for not having pay per view movies but we did stop offering them about 6 months ago. I will be sure to share all of your comments with my entire team and I do appreciate you taking the time to document them.

Homer Glen, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Ivy Hotel. We were here over Thanksgiving. Too bad the spa was closed for the holiday as it looked fabulous! This is an SPG hotel which is great for us as we are platinum members. Our room was really lovely. Had high ceilings and fluffy beds. Bathroom had spacious countertops and was very clean. One minor issue was the really low water pressure in our shower on the 16th floor. Took some time to get the shampoo out of my long hair. Aside from that, we really liked it and plan to stay here again in the future. Very nice hotel staff from the front desk to housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Ms. Homer,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. We will look into the water pressure issue in your guest room. I will also be sure to pass along your accolades to my team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014

Stayed here one night for anniversary weekend. Received great service at check in, got room on 8th floor. Found room to be very modern and nice. Spacious bathroom, with great shower. Very comfortable king sized bed with flat screen TV. Hotel is in great location, and walking distance to restaurants, we utilized the skyway to walk to restaurants on Hennepin Avenue. Utilized spa the next morning, and received great massage. Hotel has wonderful spa facility with spacious workout area (did not use), very large hot tub in co-ed area of spa (utilized). Would definitely stay again and would recommend.

Parking tip --> Valet parking can be expensive, but utilized Hilton ramp off 11th Street. You get underground parking for $13 on the weekend, and can utilize the skyway to get to the Ivy.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Dear rexlane,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your accolades as well! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the Spa as well. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. I hope to see you again soon.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!