“Very Clean and Comfy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Homer Glen, IL
“Very Clean and Comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed our stay at the Ivy Hotel. We were here over Thanksgiving. Too bad the spa was closed for the holiday as it looked fabulous! This is an SPG hotel which is great for us as we are platinum members. Our room was really lovely. Had high ceilings and fluffy beds. Bathroom had spacious countertops and was very clean. One minor issue was the really low water pressure in our shower on the 16th floor. Took some time to get the shampoo out of my long hair. Aside from that, we really liked it and plan to stay here again in the future. Very nice hotel staff from the front desk to housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here one night for anniversary weekend. Received great service at check in, got room on 8th floor. Found room to be very modern and nice. Spacious bathroom, with great shower. Very comfortable king sized bed with flat screen TV. Hotel is in great location, and walking distance to restaurants, we utilized the skyway to walk to restaurants on Hennepin Avenue. Utilized spa the next morning, and received great massage. Hotel has wonderful spa facility with spacious workout area (did not use), very large hot tub in co-ed area of spa (utilized). Would definitely stay again and would recommend.

Parking tip --> Valet parking can be expensive, but utilized Hilton ramp off 11th Street. You get underground parking for $13 on the weekend, and can utilize the skyway to get to the Ivy.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rexlane,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your accolades as well! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the Spa as well. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. I hope to see you again soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I have been repeat customers of this exquisite hotel!!! Every luxurious detail had been thought of so you can completely check out of the chaos of every day life and completely relax in this amazing hotel! You can find incredible room rates if you watch for them. The rooms are elegant with very comfortable beds! The showers in the rooms are great with the accompaniment of thick and cozy robes! I would strongly recommend enjoying the Ivy Spa! It's nothing short of incredible! From manicures and pedicures to excellent full body massages and facials. We have enjoyed many different types of amenities that this spa has to offer! The hot tub is great-located in the Ivy Spa are and avail. to all guests. I would recommend the spa showers and steam rooms! Ticket to full relaxation! You can also enjoy delicious breakfast and or supper at the in-hotel restaurant and bar, Porter and Frye. The hotel location is very convenient for downtown entertainment access. It's our secret-but not-so-secret local gem that we will continue to enjoy as our in-town special oasis.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Canada7478,

Thank you for your recent, and past, stays at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis! We truly appreciate you patronage. I am very happy that you enjoyed your guest room and the Spa as well. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team.

Madison WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife suggested we book a nice hotel for a weekend getaway to MSP. Sure, I thought, it'll be a nice change from bargain-basement motel sixes and all that.

I got myself a deal on the Ivy and I was pretty glad I did.

Despite arriving at the peak of rush hour, the valets tended to our car with nearly ridiculous promptness, out checkin process was quick, and our room was spotless. The bathroom was enormous and well-appointed. The bed was comfy. And while tall, the hotel is fairly narrow so it's not a warren of selfsame rooms on every floor.

It's also affixed to the Minneapolis Skyway so it's pretty easy to navigate downtown without ever leaving the indoors. While, granted, we didn't spend a ton of time downtown, it was still nice to have access to nearby stuff without braving the Minneapolitan November.

We even ordered room service at one point (we'd had a large late lunch, and everything downtown was basically shuttered by the time we were hungry again). It was decent, and...well, it was expensive, but compared to room service elsewhere it wasn't awful. It was quick, too. It wasn't spectacular food, but...again, it's room service.

Nice place to stay. A bit spendy, but if you can get a deal, it's pretty great for a romantic weekend sort of thing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear nulldevice,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. I am very happy that you enjoyed your rooms and the hotel services. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I had heard that Hotel Ivy boasts one of the best spas, well anywhere. I wasn't able to take advantage of the spa while there, but the rooms certainly felt like I was at a spa hotel. After a long flight and some frigid temperatures, the Ivy was an oasis with the plush room, incredible bathroom and cozy robe. The welcome cupcake was a nice touch as well! If I am back in Minneapolis for some reason, this will be the first place I look for reservations.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well. I am happy that you enjoyed our rooms and hotel amenities. I hope to see you again in the very near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

Lobby is quiet, the best check-in I have ever experienced. We stayed on a Friday night. Use the valet for first class service. Parking was not easy for us. We paid $20 one block away. We also did zero research.

Turn down service without a request made our day, linens were perfect. Towels were soft, tub/shower perfect. Lots of nice touches. Make up mirror makes a great night light.

The room layout is new and is very private, feels like two rooms. We didn't use the mini fridge but might have. (Welcome management to contact me).

Room was clean, really clean. Carpet in our room needs stretching .

The personal touches will make me come back.

Stayed November 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bob M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades on our products and services as well! I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team and I hope to see you again soon. The carpet issue will be taken care of as we will undergo a complete renovation this winter.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

This beautiful hotel offered exceptional service, clean & comfortable rooms (loved the spacious bathrooms!) & was the perfect location for our girls' night! A few friends received spa services during our stay & all said their experiences were relaxing & well worth it! A plus was that we were in walking distance of all the places we planned to go out! && I got the best night's rest I've had in quite some time!

• Stayed October 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Dear Alexis l,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well. I am happy that you and your girlfriends had a great weekend! I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. I do hope to see you again soon.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!