“Good value for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Madison WI
“Good value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife suggested we book a nice hotel for a weekend getaway to MSP. Sure, I thought, it'll be a nice change from bargain-basement motel sixes and all that.

I got myself a deal on the Ivy and I was pretty glad I did.

Despite arriving at the peak of rush hour, the valets tended to our car with nearly ridiculous promptness, out checkin process was quick, and our room was spotless. The bathroom was enormous and well-appointed. The bed was comfy. And while tall, the hotel is fairly narrow so it's not a warren of selfsame rooms on every floor.

It's also affixed to the Minneapolis Skyway so it's pretty easy to navigate downtown without ever leaving the indoors. While, granted, we didn't spend a ton of time downtown, it was still nice to have access to nearby stuff without braving the Minneapolitan November.

We even ordered room service at one point (we'd had a large late lunch, and everything downtown was basically shuttered by the time we were hungry again). It was decent, and...well, it was expensive, but compared to room service elsewhere it wasn't awful. It was quick, too. It wasn't spectacular food, but...again, it's room service.

Nice place to stay. A bit spendy, but if you can get a deal, it's pretty great for a romantic weekend sort of thing.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had heard that Hotel Ivy boasts one of the best spas, well anywhere. I wasn't able to take advantage of the spa while there, but the rooms certainly felt like I was at a spa hotel. After a long flight and some frigid temperatures, the Ivy was an oasis with the plush room, incredible bathroom and cozy robe. The welcome cupcake was a nice touch as well! If I am back in Minneapolis for some reason, this will be the first place I look for reservations.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well. I am happy that you enjoyed our rooms and hotel amenities. I hope to see you again in the very near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lobby is quiet, the best check-in I have ever experienced. We stayed on a Friday night. Use the valet for first class service. Parking was not easy for us. We paid $20 one block away. We also did zero research.

Turn down service without a request made our day, linens were perfect. Towels were soft, tub/shower perfect. Lots of nice touches. Make up mirror makes a great night light.

The room layout is new and is very private, feels like two rooms. We didn't use the mini fridge but might have. (Welcome management to contact me).

Room was clean, really clean. Carpet in our room needs stretching .

The personal touches will make me come back.

Stayed November 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Bob M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades on our products and services as well! I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team and I hope to see you again soon. The carpet issue will be taken care of as we will undergo a complete renovation this winter.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This beautiful hotel offered exceptional service, clean & comfortable rooms (loved the spacious bathrooms!) & was the perfect location for our girls' night! A few friends received spa services during our stay & all said their experiences were relaxing & well worth it! A plus was that we were in walking distance of all the places we planned to go out! && I got the best night's rest I've had in quite some time!

• Stayed October 2014
Dear Alexis l,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well. I am happy that you and your girlfriends had a great weekend! I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. I do hope to see you again soon.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed our 3 nights at the Hotel Ivy.
The SPA is nice. The whirlpool and sauna area is small, so when more then 4 people start to enter the public spa area, it gets uncomfortably tight. We didn't do any of the numerous services offered by the spa. The ROOM is cozy and comfortable. We loved the bathtub. We loved the bed. And, the room is very quiet. We never heard any noises from the hallway.
I realized after our first night, that the hotel is situated a few blocks from the main downtown area. It was a cold walk to get to the other pubs and restaurants in the downtown area. And, the light rail was too far to walk in the cold. The valet is excellent and I liked that we could take the car as needed. They were very quick to get the car.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room.
Dear sierragoddess,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. I am happy that you enjoyed the tub, the bed and the valet service. I will be sure to share all of your comments with my entire team.

Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had booked a room for my brother and his girlfriend to have a romantic night out. I reached out to Jeri and she truly went above and beyond. My brother has nothing much amazing things to say about his upgraded room, his romantic amenities, and how pleasant the staff was - and how impressive his room was. Many thanks to Jeri for making this a memorable night for them!

Dear Leon F,

Thank you for your comments on your brother's recent stay. I am so happy that he had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Jeri and the entire team.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

From the time we drove up to the valet until the time the Valet gave us car, the stay was wonderful. It was clean, comfy, and inviting. The staff was wonderful and top shelf.
Awesome stay and way too short. Thank you to all the Hotel Ivy staff....

Room Tip: anywhere is perfect
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for taking the time to share your comments as well. I will be sure to pass them along to my team!

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!