“Modern oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
San Francisco, California
“Modern oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had heard that Hotel Ivy boasts one of the best spas, well anywhere. I wasn't able to take advantage of the spa while there, but the rooms certainly felt like I was at a spa hotel. After a long flight and some frigid temperatures, the Ivy was an oasis with the plush room, incredible bathroom and cozy robe. The welcome cupcake was a nice touch as well! If I am back in Minneapolis for some reason, this will be the first place I look for reservations.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lobby is quiet, the best check-in I have ever experienced. We stayed on a Friday night. Use the valet for first class service. Parking was not easy for us. We paid $20 one block away. We also did zero research.

Turn down service without a request made our day, linens were perfect. Towels were soft, tub/shower perfect. Lots of nice touches. Make up mirror makes a great night light.

The room layout is new and is very private, feels like two rooms. We didn't use the mini fridge but might have. (Welcome management to contact me).

Room was clean, really clean. Carpet in our room needs stretching .

The personal touches will make me come back.

Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This beautiful hotel offered exceptional service, clean & comfortable rooms (loved the spacious bathrooms!) & was the perfect location for our girls' night! A few friends received spa services during our stay & all said their experiences were relaxing & well worth it! A plus was that we were in walking distance of all the places we planned to go out! && I got the best night's rest I've had in quite some time!

• Stayed October 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Alexis l,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well. I am happy that you and your girlfriends had a great weekend! I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team. I do hope to see you again soon.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed our 3 nights at the Hotel Ivy.
The SPA is nice. The whirlpool and sauna area is small, so when more then 4 people start to enter the public spa area, it gets uncomfortably tight. We didn't do any of the numerous services offered by the spa. The ROOM is cozy and comfortable. We loved the bathtub. We loved the bed. And, the room is very quiet. We never heard any noises from the hallway.
I realized after our first night, that the hotel is situated a few blocks from the main downtown area. It was a cold walk to get to the other pubs and restaurants in the downtown area. And, the light rail was too far to walk in the cold. The valet is excellent and I liked that we could take the car as needed. They were very quick to get the car.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room.
Dear sierragoddess,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. I am happy that you enjoyed the tub, the bed and the valet service. I will be sure to share all of your comments with my entire team.

Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had booked a room for my brother and his girlfriend to have a romantic night out. I reached out to Jeri and she truly went above and beyond. My brother has nothing much amazing things to say about his upgraded room, his romantic amenities, and how pleasant the staff was - and how impressive his room was. Many thanks to Jeri for making this a memorable night for them!

Dear Leon F,

Thank you for your comments on your brother's recent stay. I am so happy that he had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with Jeri and the entire team.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

From the time we drove up to the valet until the time the Valet gave us car, the stay was wonderful. It was clean, comfy, and inviting. The staff was wonderful and top shelf.
Awesome stay and way too short. Thank you to all the Hotel Ivy staff....

Room Tip: anywhere is perfect
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for taking the time to share your comments as well. I will be sure to pass them along to my team!

Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

This property was selected because it was just about the only hotel listed with AMEX Centurion's Fine Hotels & Resorts program. We usually really like properties that are given this honor. Not this time. I will be asking AMEX Centurion to re-evaluate them. The location wasn't bad in terms of downtown accessibility but the "upgraded suite" was a joke: small, with views into parking garages out of every window. When we checked in, we were assured that we were getting a substantial upgrade over the suite that we reserved. It turned out to be exactly the level of room we had reserved except on the 5th floor rather than a nice higher floor. They straight-up lied to us at check-in and were unwilling ("unable") to change us to a nicer room. We tried each day to talk with the Concierge for recommendations and reservations. She was never once at her desk or otherwise available. The hotel was nearly empty. Maybe that's why they were charging $6 for 2 pieces of bacon (side) at breakfast. I do not recommend this property!

Room Tip: If you have no other choice but to stay here, try to get a room above the 10th floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dreamseeker94,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. I do apologize that you did not get the room type that you expected and I will look into that situation. You can call me at your convenience.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!