“Comfortable. Good service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Cairo, Egypt
“Comfortable. Good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We enjoyed our 3 nights at the Hotel Ivy.
The SPA is nice. The whirlpool and sauna area is small, so when more then 4 people start to enter the public spa area, it gets uncomfortably tight. We didn't do any of the numerous services offered by the spa. The ROOM is cozy and comfortable. We loved the bathtub. We loved the bed. And, the room is very quiet. We never heard any noises from the hallway.
I realized after our first night, that the hotel is situated a few blocks from the main downtown area. It was a cold walk to get to the other pubs and restaurants in the downtown area. And, the light rail was too far to walk in the cold. The valet is excellent and I liked that we could take the car as needed. They were very quick to get the car.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor room.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had booked a room for my brother and his girlfriend to have a romantic night out. I reached out to Jeri and she truly went above and beyond. My brother has nothing much amazing things to say about his upgraded room, his romantic amenities, and how pleasant the staff was - and how impressive his room was. Many thanks to Jeri for making this a memorable night for them!

Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the time we drove up to the valet until the time the Valet gave us car, the stay was wonderful. It was clean, comfy, and inviting. The staff was wonderful and top shelf.
Awesome stay and way too short. Thank you to all the Hotel Ivy staff....

Room Tip: anywhere is perfect
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and thank you for taking the time to share your comments as well. I will be sure to pass them along to my team!

Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This property was selected because it was just about the only hotel listed with AMEX Centurion's Fine Hotels & Resorts program. We usually really like properties that are given this honor. Not this time. I will be asking AMEX Centurion to re-evaluate them. The location wasn't bad in terms of downtown accessibility but the "upgraded suite" was a joke: small, with views into parking garages out of every window. When we checked in, we were assured that we were getting a substantial upgrade over the suite that we reserved. It turned out to be exactly the level of room we had reserved except on the 5th floor rather than a nice higher floor. They straight-up lied to us at check-in and were unwilling ("unable") to change us to a nicer room. We tried each day to talk with the Concierge for recommendations and reservations. She was never once at her desk or otherwise available. The hotel was nearly empty. Maybe that's why they were charging $6 for 2 pieces of bacon (side) at breakfast. I do not recommend this property!

Room Tip: If you have no other choice but to stay here, try to get a room above the 10th floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My fiance and I stayed here 9/26 to 9/27. The hotel itself is very nice. Elegant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My reason for the 3 stars is partly the location (if you're not staying here for business purposes this hotel is not for you!) and partly because of the bartender. The room was very nice, spacious, plenty of amenities. Heads up, you must pay for anything you take out of the mini bar. This may be par for the course (I dont think Ive ever stayed in a hotel in downtown minneapolis). Valet is $28 but you can take your car as you please. Cool feature. As far as the bartender goes, I had to tell him how to make a cape cod. A CAPE COD! Come on. seriously?

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear pawnit2002,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your comments as well. I will be sure to share your compliments with my entire team and there will be training on the Cape Cod!

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

hotel is a short walk to the bars/restaurants on nicolette. For those dining in, the Bitesquad delivery service is actually quite convenient for the area - if you don't want to patronize the hotel restaurant or walk outside (think minneapolis winter). The hotel is a bit further from the lightrail (which is the most convenient way to access the airport) than other hotel counterparts, which could get annoying if you are pulling luggage.

Hotel itself is nice, clean, quiet. rooms are spacious, and elegant. I did find it a bit difficult to find cabs around the hotel - they all seem to be congregating next to the hilton a few blocks down, but none of them seem willing to shuttle around town but are instead waiting for fares to the airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear HC_LA,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you as well for the description of your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments with my team and I will also work with our valet team to be more proactive with the lack of taxi service.

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance on a future visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in Minneapolis on business and this was by far the best experience we've ever had. We stayed 2 nights at the Ivy when attending a convention at the Minneapolis Convention Center which is just a block a way. The peaceful and elegant Ivy was a wonderful relief from the hustle and bustle of the convention.

The Ivy is also a couple of blocks from great shopping and dinning.

Our King room was large with plenty of space. Bathroom had a shower and separate tub. And the soft plush towels were OVERSIZED. Soft fluffy robes? Check! Slippers set next to your bed at turndown service with chocolate on your pillow? Check.

My only disappointment, the spa and fitness facilities could be better. They were not as sophisticated as the rest of the hotel, so maybe my expectations were higher.

Appetizers at the bar were delicious. Try the duck quesadilla. Great bartenders and service all around. When back in Minneapolis, we will always stay at the Ivy.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kimberlie G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your accolades as well! I agree that we have a great location and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my entire team.

Please let me know if you need assistance on a future visit.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!