“Nice property, location ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
minneapolis
“Nice property, location ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My fiance and I stayed here 9/26 to 9/27. The hotel itself is very nice. Elegant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My reason for the 3 stars is partly the location (if you're not staying here for business purposes this hotel is not for you!) and partly because of the bartender. The room was very nice, spacious, plenty of amenities. Heads up, you must pay for anything you take out of the mini bar. This may be par for the course (I dont think Ive ever stayed in a hotel in downtown minneapolis). Valet is $28 but you can take your car as you please. Cool feature. As far as the bartender goes, I had to tell him how to make a cape cod. A CAPE COD! Come on. seriously?

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

hotel is a short walk to the bars/restaurants on nicolette. For those dining in, the Bitesquad delivery service is actually quite convenient for the area - if you don't want to patronize the hotel restaurant or walk outside (think minneapolis winter). The hotel is a bit further from the lightrail (which is the most convenient way to access the airport) than other hotel counterparts, which could get annoying if you are pulling luggage.

Hotel itself is nice, clean, quiet. rooms are spacious, and elegant. I did find it a bit difficult to find cabs around the hotel - they all seem to be congregating next to the hilton a few blocks down, but none of them seem willing to shuttle around town but are instead waiting for fares to the airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear HC_LA,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you as well for the description of your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments with my team and I will also work with our valet team to be more proactive with the lack of taxi service.

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance on a future visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed at several hotels in Minneapolis on business and this was by far the best experience we've ever had. We stayed 2 nights at the Ivy when attending a convention at the Minneapolis Convention Center which is just a block a way. The peaceful and elegant Ivy was a wonderful relief from the hustle and bustle of the convention.

The Ivy is also a couple of blocks from great shopping and dinning.

Our King room was large with plenty of space. Bathroom had a shower and separate tub. And the soft plush towels were OVERSIZED. Soft fluffy robes? Check! Slippers set next to your bed at turndown service with chocolate on your pillow? Check.

My only disappointment, the spa and fitness facilities could be better. They were not as sophisticated as the rest of the hotel, so maybe my expectations were higher.

Appetizers at the bar were delicious. Try the duck quesadilla. Great bartenders and service all around. When back in Minneapolis, we will always stay at the Ivy.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kimberlie G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your accolades as well! I agree that we have a great location and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my entire team.

Please let me know if you need assistance on a future visit.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great hotel - location was perfect, the rooms as well as the bathrooms were large and spacious. The beds were amazing - comfortable and very clean. An overwhelming feeling of quiet sophistication upon arrival and this continues through to the guestrooms. The service is great, personable and everyone is keen to assist in providing information. Airport transfers are seemless and easy to arrange. The spa facilities would perhaps be my only disapointment. The carpet in locker rooms and some of the facilities in the spa need a little updating. I have stayed in several other hotels in Minneapolis but his one was a refreshing experience and is now my go to for SPG hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Travelholic A,

Thank you for recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to share them with my entire team. I will also share your comments with the spa management.

Please let me know if you ever need assistance with a future visit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel. Extremely quiet! Nice amenities. A girls weekend getaway. Excellent location, close to everything. Wonderful beds and super nice linens. Couldn't ask for anything nicer. Staff was extremely helpful and polite.

Ian from Joel's Limousine Service (the hotel contracts with) was absolutely the BEST!!!! He was personable, fun, gave us great suggestions on locations and things to do. Dropped us off at our location and we just called him when we were done and off to our next spot. He made our evening fun, safe and super enjoyable! He took excellent care of three 50 year old woman who greatly appreciated his help!! :) Thanks so much Ian!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dana C,

Thank you all for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank your for the accolades as well! I am happy that you had a great time for your weekend and that we could be part of it I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team.

Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I enjoyed a recent 3 night stay at The Ivy. I loved the spacious and quiet lobby with the welcoming staff. Despite being sold out that weekend, there never seemed to be anyone around, which provided a very peaceful atmosphere.
The rooms were very modern and comfortable. The only noise was from air flow when the air conditioning went on. This was easily silenced by lying a towel across the threshold of the doorway!
The location seemed perfect for us...close to Nicollet Mall restaurants. Easy road access to many freeways.
We had breakfast in the restaurant which had a dreary atmosphere and very poor service. The food was adequate. The coffee was awful. A second visit to the bar for happy hour was no better.
The spa, too was disappointing as described by previous reviews. Having had many massages in the past, I felt that this one was the worst. My therapist put very little effort into it. A nap would have been just as satisfying. Oh yes... all 4 therapists tried to upsell my family in the treatment room before the massages. Very tacky.
The staff seemed disorganized and did not seem to have a streamlined method of getting new clients settled when they first check in. I had to keep asking where everything was.
I'd happily stay here again but would avoid the weak links.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear vasmaven,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and think you for your comments as well. I do agree that we have a great location and close Nicollet Mall. I will be sure to share your comments with the spa management for procedural improvements.

Please let me know if can ever be of assistance with a future visit to Minneapolis.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location in Downtown, close to great restaurants/shopping. As an SPG Platinum member I was treated especially well and upgraded to a suit, free internet, free breakfast but as usual in the USA & Europe they do not have the complementary happy hour liquor and hot de vours. Hotel and rooms were extremely clean and with all SPG hotels the Select Comfort Beds are very comfortable. They have a great outdoor patio off the bar/restaurant on the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel ivy Minneapolis and your kind comments. Thank you as well for your loyalty to Starwood hotels as proven by your Platinum status! I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!