“Wanted to move in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Wanted to move in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Decided to try this hotel for a quick business trip. Absolutely loved the room, lovely amenities and the bed was one of the most comfortable ever. The bath products were top notch and the robes etc. just great. I was so at home I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: We were near the elevator and it was extremely quiet so I don't know it there is a bad room!

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a great experience at the Hotel Ivy. We came to Minneapolis for a quick trip to see a show at the Orpheum and were thrilled that we could walk to the theatre with a plethora of restaurant options on the way. The service was excellent. Parking was easy (if a little expensive) and the staff were great! We felt pampered in the hotel and had tons of options for fun in the neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Annapolis Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Ivy is an elegant boutique hotel across the street from the Minneapolis convention center. The room was more modern than many of Starwood’s Luxury Collection properties. The front desk and house staff were very friendly and the evening turn down service (white chocolate pretzels and, even better, fresh ice) was vey nice. Two quibbles: the hotel has a complicated programable thermostats and I had to get help from housekeeping since a previous guest managed to set the room at a balmy 65. Finally, the restaurant staff at Porter & Frye is not particularly attentive--even when the restaurant was not busy. The food is, however, good. Even though a few blocks from the heart of downtown, I would definitely stay at the Ivy.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Help! Nobody at the front desk has an explanation as to why the fitness center is closed! I have put on my workout clothes 4 times since checking in 2 days ago. First, it was closed due to carpet replacement in process. "Well be open tomorrow morning." Okay, I went the next morning; still not open; "The glue did not stick, but we'll be open when you get back from work this afternoon." Still not open with no explanation. Interesting, because you can see people working out from the street view on the 1st floor. What is going on? I went down to the fitness center this morning; still closed with no explanation. Oh, the woman at the front desk said I could go to the YMCA 3 blocks away and pay the cost out of pocket and the hotel would pay me back; nice solution! It is 8:21am Wednesday morning and the fitness center is still closed with no explanation. I paid top dollar to stay at a four star hotel with a fitness center and spa. I did not get the value I paid and the front desk needs training in communicating to the customer.

Friendswood, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hubby and I were visiting Minneapolis to oversee repairs to property we own there. It was going to be a miserable exercise in patience so I booked our room at the Ivy expecting to need pampering after dealing with contractors. We reserved a junior suite.
We arrived late in the evening to find the room we reserved was not available and we were put in a double queen. I was too tired to argue but we were assured it would be fixed by morning.
We went downstairs for breakfast and our order was taken. Coffee came out quickly, thank God, but then our waitress disappeared. There were only four of us in the room and after 30 minutes we gave up and headed to the front desk. At this point we complained because now we had no time for breakfast and we still needed the room we booked. After taking my husband's number they promised a call back.
While we were on our property, we did get a call from the hotel manager. She was very kind and told us everything was being fixed. Hours later, exhausted and stressed out, we returned to the hotel and were greeted by the manager. After a short wait (and many drinks- long day! ) we were given new card keys to the Presidential Suite! If that wasn't enough, she arranged for a lovely bottle of wine to be sent up as well.
This room was wonderful, far more than I expected, and it made the few enjoyable hours of my visit that much better. What a wonderful gesture.
The only complaints I have is the food. We did get room service the next morning and it was delivered cold and greasy. I wish I could give a perfect score because of the excellent service but the food and food service was horrible enough to take away one star. Please fix this because I would love to stay here again next time I'm in town!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nicely decorated, clean, large rooms located in a convenient part of downtown. The bathroom too was large with nice walk in shower and large vanity. The gym is about as nice as you get for a hotel. You name it - they have it. All this and Starwood Points too - can't go wrong.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nicely furnished and the bed and pillows were so comfortable! We were amazed at how quiet it was; we could not hear any of the normal door-slamming and other noises. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear 533Mimi,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the great comments as well. I am pleased that you liked the pillows and the quiet room. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Best regards,

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!