“Quiet and a good night's sleep” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #34 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Savannah, Georgia
“Quiet and a good night's sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very nicely furnished and the bed and pillows were so comfortable! We were amazed at how quiet it was; we could not hear any of the normal door-slamming and other noises. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Travel wide and far and this is a lovely hotel - rooms are very spacious - opted for a junior suite - well equipped . Staff are friendly and knowledgable of the area. And a superb location for seeing many attractions down town. For a city hotel it's quiet - which is a huge bonus

Stayed July 2014
Andrew F, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear veritas5,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your kind comments as well. We are fortunate to be in such a central location and close to area attractions. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team.

Best regards and I hope you will return soon.

mpls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Accessible to the heart of Minneapolis, but a couple of blocks off the bustle of Nicollet Mall. Well laid out comfortable guest rooms and a superb staff make this a winner. Secured elevator access provides an additional feeling of comfort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tomb404,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your great comments as well. We are indeed fortunate to have such a great location. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team.

Washington DC Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was at Hotel Ivy for one night -- what a splendid place to stay! The staff was helpful and accommodating and the room was wonderful.. Particular high marks to the Saturday afternoon bartender (her first week on the job and super-nice) and the concierge, who answered all our touristy questions. I'd definitely come back to this hotel and think it well worth the expense.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ialocavista,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the great comments as well. I am happy that you had a good stay and that we were able to help you along the way! I do hope you return soon.

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was pleasantly surprised by our experience at this property -- it exceeded my expectations. We had two rooms, both of which were spotless and spacious. The bathroom was very large and well appointed. Furnishings looked new. Modern without being over the top weird or uncomfortable. Our rooms were also very quiet, so we were able to get uninterrupted rest at night. The staff was friendly and efficient. The bar service was also good. Room service for breakfast was less than ideal -- they forgot my beverages and did not provide any butter or jams with the continental breakfast, which was a little odd. The server did immediately go get my beverages when I brought the problem to the server's attention. We tried the restaurant for dinner one night. It won't be the best meal of your life, but it was perfectly fine and obviously convenient if you are tired and don't want to venture out. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia K,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the great comments as well. I will be sure to share them with my entire team. I will also use your comments on Room Service in our next team meeting. I do hope you return soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of 5 of us drove from Canada to have a Bachelor party for a friend in Minneapolis for the weekend. (June 6-8). We were extremely tired from a long drive and all we wanted to do is drop our luggage off, start drinking and enjoy the night life.

We were greeted by two extremely friendly ladies, "Galie" and "Kia" at the front desk. They quickly noticed we were from out of town and we explained to them we were staying at the hotel for the weekend for a bachelor party. Galie and Kia took it upon themselves to give everyone in our group a complimentary alcoholic beverage to their lounge and A CRAZY ROOM UPGRADE TO THE EXECUTIVE SUITES ! !

Considering how some of us from our group have worked in the industry, we realize how tiring and stressful the job can be. That being said, we arrived late at night and Galie and Kia were very outgoing, kind and a pleasure to deal with. They were exceptionally helpful and patient with our group and I just wanted to take the time to recognize their kindness and professionalism and making our trip that much better !!!

Thank you very much and we hope to come visit again !

- The Canadians :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Wally A,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for the accolades as well! I will be sure to thank the Front desk team for going that extra mile! I do hope you return soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed in a junior suite for 1 night - the room was very nicely appointed and decently sized. Didn't get a ton of natural light, but otherwise was an excellent room. Had ample space for three of us (2 adults, 1 4 yr old) and the bed was nicely firm. Bathroom was nicely sized, with tub and shower, good toiletries as well (Remede). However the water pressure in the room was abysmal. We attempted to fill the tub, but decided against it after realizing it would take an hour to fill up. The wifi was also excellent (got for free with SPG Gold but otherwise has a cost for a high speed connection).

Service at check-in was on point, valet and bellman were readily available, and front desk staff were pleasant, but service dropped off as the stay progressed. Turn down service came through after 9 pm, which was quite late given that I was staying with a young child, but even if this was not the case, turndown should be completed far earlier than this. The hotel also ran out of newspapers, which seems like an avoidable issue. Elevators were key card access, which I find annoying.

Ate in the restaurant for a lunch and a breakfast the next day - the restaurant has solid decor, but service was a bit off. Both times, items from the order were forgotten and it took some time to attract the attention of staff members during the meal. They were otherwise pleasant, but the expectation is that the order should be remembered (they were attempting to memorize). Food quality was decent.

On check out, called for a bellman, but had to come down to the front desk to re-request. However valet service was quick.

Didn't use the spa or pool, but those are available as well.

Overall, my review is based against my expectations for a 4.5 star property, so while the stay was overall fine, the overall service should be better in a property of this level. I also understand that the property was full while I was there, but that's not an excuse in itself. The property was recently sold to a new owner in December 2013 so there may still be some growing pains which could account for the minor service issues. Would give them another chance if the price is right, but would be open to other options as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear jma5000,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Ivy Minneapolis and thank you for your detailed comments as well The recap of your stay is very helpful in addressing issues quickly as they come up. I will be sure to share your comments with my team for process improvements. I do hope you return soon and do let me know if you do.

Andrew Finsness

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!