“Pricey stay, but quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ivy

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ivy to your Saves list
Hotel Ivy
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Eleventh Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Minnesota
“Pricey stay, but quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Hotel Ivy has gone through multiple owners and near bankruptcy, and is now under the badge of The Luxury Collection for Starwoods/Sheraton. I found the hotel a bit worn, but with competent staff and gracious decor. My room had double queen beds and a large bath with separate shower. There is an on-site restaurant with a limited menu for dining -- something a solo traveler might appreciate. Be prepared to pay more for everything in the hotel, however. Nothing is included in the stay -- wifi or parking, for instance. A simple cheese plate and a glass of wine plus tip was $42. This is more than what one would expect in other restaurants in this area of Minneapolis. I toured the Ivy Spa, and overheard a customer paying $130 for a manicure -- not something many of us would even consider. If you book outside of the Sheraton website (I booked through Priceline), be prepared for a lack of flexibility in terms of requests -- I had asked for a king bedroom, but had to take what they gave me, even though I am a SPG member. The best representative for the hotel was the doorman Joseph -- a kind and engaging man with a good sense of culture!

Room Tip: Book through SPG for greater choice, even if the price is not as good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Altos Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Ivy for two nights. The room was lovely (nice big soaking bathtub!) and the staff seemed quite friendly. Also, the hotel restaurant was very nice, with excellent food and service. However, after the first night, housekeeping took away my wet towels, bathmat, and washcloth -- but did not leave replacements. After the second night, I was awakened at 8:30 in the morning by housekeeping knocking insistently on my door. I had to get up (out of a deep sleep -- jetlag) and tell housekeeping to come back at another time. I was extremely annoyed at being woken up. Since I was checking out that day, it would have been a trivial matter for housekeeping to see that I had not yet checked out -- and thus to know that my room was not ready to be made up.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelIvyGM, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Margaret B,

We are very thankful for your feedback, and we really appreciate your observations and suggestions. We are very sorry that we so badly missed your expectations during your recent stay and will use your comments for improvement. We are dedicated to providing excellent guest experiences and hope that you will consider the Hotel Ivy on your next visit to Minneapolis.

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A collegue and I went to a convention in Minneapolis and stayed at the Hotel Ivy. The location is perfect if you are going to the Convention Center and we walked all over downtown! The hotel is beautiful. The beds are so comfy. We had no complaints about the rooms at all. But, we had pre-paid for the room weeks in advance and were supposed to have 2 beds. We arrived at 10 pm and the only available room was a king. We took it but was told to pack everything the next morning and they would change our room. That was a bit of inconvienence. They gave us free breakfast for our trouble. The next evening I decided to have dinner in my room and when I called the desk I spent 8 minutes on hold before hanging up. Then when I tried to call again there was no answer. I travel alot and I understand busy times and stuff...but it did feel like they were not prepared for the number of people attending the convention. Otherwise, the hotel was aweseom!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelIvyGM, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear GrandmaBirdie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are truly disappointed and greatly regret that we did not exceed your expectations. It is our goal to provide each and every guest with an exceptional, personalized experience. As such, we rely on feedback as one of many important measurement tools to ensure our services are consistent and of the highest standards. We understand and appreciate your dissatisfaction and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host you again in the manner for which our guests are accustomed.

Regards,

Seattle Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A great location for anyone doing business at the convention center with easy access to all of downtown.
Great gym and spa onsite at no extra charge.
A luxury Collection experience in Minneapolis.

The beds are super comfortable and the staff was very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
TheHotelIvyGM, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Kirkland67,
Thank you for your compliments of The Hotel Ivy, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Minneapolis. Our staff truly takes pride in providing exceptional service and we are pleased you were able to experience this first hand. This October we’re committed to raising breast cancer awareness in the Twin Cities and hope you can join our many pink initiatives. Thank you for your compliments.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here on business and it was a really pleasant experience. The hotel rooms were comfortable, and the bathroom was very large. I loved the Molton Brown products. The furnishings in the room were a little worn, and I didn't love the business set up (not enough lights at the desk). I also was missing a room service menu, which I thought was strange. I checked out the spa, which was very nice and clean. The rates are pretty good as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Booking:
I booked a room at this hotel via priceline to save myself about 70 dollars.. When i booked it, priceline told me to contact the hotel directly to confirm the kind of room that I wanted. When I did this, I was told there were no king rooms available. I didn't believe a word I was told so I went on the hotel website and sure enough there were king rooms available. I emailed either the manager or director of guest services. He told me that since I booked via a third party website he could not guarantee the room type I wanted. I shrugged it off and decided I could deal with 2 queen beds.

Arrival:
We arrived a hour or so after check out started. Valet was prompted and helped us unload or bags. The guy at the front desk was nice told us that we had a Superior King room. I was just happy to have a king bed. We get to the room and was very pleasantly surprised with the room. The bed was separated from the bathroom and mini bar area. I looked online when I got home and figured out that a superior king room was one of the best rooms that you could get at the hotel (besides the suites)

Departure:
Leaving was a piece of cake. We checked out and valet had our car within a couple minutes.

I will definitely stay here again for the price I paid!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelIvyGM, General Manager at Hotel Ivy, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Nichole A,

Thank you for your kind review! Our team will be proud to hear your experience was a great one. We love to exceed our guests expectations and it always a pleasure to learn our guests enjoyed themselves during their stay. Be sure to visit our website for special promotions and deals prior to your next visit to the twin cities.
We sincerely hope you come back and visit us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I left something of value and called to get it shipped to my house in Nashville. Catherine was very helpful on the phone and my package arrived right on time! So thank you Catherine!!!! Definitely will be staying at this hotel again next time I am traveling the Minneapolis

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Booomsh,
Thank you for your rave review! I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our property throughout and that Catherine provided an exceptional experience. It would be my pleasure to welcome you again in the future for another luxury experience.

Best,

Tom Hazay

Been to Hotel Ivy? Share your experiences!