We checked in on Friday at 4 p.m. and out by 8:30 p.m. Here's what went wrong:
1. My husband had arranged with concierge specialist Catherine for a bottle of sparkling apple juice and a special card for me to be in our room upon arrival. Neither were there. Ultimately, the staff sent up a bottle of Proseco (Italian sparkling wine) and a generic welcome card. My husband, not knowing what Proseco is, tried to open the bottle but couldn't get the cork out and asked for my help. That's when I noticed it was wine. Had he been able to get the cork out, he would have been drinking the wine. My husband has nearly 20 years of sobriety from alcohol. The carelessness of the hotel staff came very close to ruining our lives.
2. While my husband and I left for a spa treatment, I took along our cell phone in case our dog started acting up while we were gone. Upon return from the spa, the key to our room wouldn't work and our dog was very upset and barking/whining. My husband went to get a replacement key - meanwhile I can hear a guy across the hall screaming that he wants to kill my dog.
3. The second key would not work. We called a manager to come to the door. Her key wouldn't work. Apparently, the battery on the card reader stopped working.
4. While waiting for the engineer to let us in the room, the screaming guy across the hall threatened to assault my husband.
The only reason I would go back to Hotel Ivy is if I had a death wish.
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Hotel Minneapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, the skyway-connected Hotel Ivy hotel is conveniently located next to Orchestra Hall, the Nicollet Mall area and the Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Ivy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.