Hotel reviews tend to lean towards subjective a lot of the time and I try to make a point of being as objective as possible, because in the end, opinions are exactly that, personal preferences that relate not entirely to the hotel itself but rather the individual reviewing it.
Hotel Ivy near Downtown Minneapolis is a great hotel. I am going to list what I consider to be the benefits of this hotel and what the cons are.
- The rooms here are very spacious, and the bathrooms are pristine. No matter what room type is chosen, the bathrooms is granite with a separate soaking tub and walk-in shower. The room's layout (At least for the Executive King) is such that when you walk in it is almost a corridor, which houses a sort of divider with minibar and coffee maker. To the right or left is the door leading to the bathroom, and then on the opposite side is the King bed which sits directly in front of a flat screen TV, which is mounted on that divider I spoke of earlier. There is also a huge window that overlooks the city of Minneapolis, with shades that darken the room very well in the morning.
- The staff is very professional and accommodating. I received a complimentary room upgrade upon check-in without even being asked.
- There is a restaurant located on the lobby level which also has a happy hour.
- There is a valet parking service, or a parking ramp literally across the street for about $10 a night (quite good for the Minneapolis area)
- There is a spa for all of you that want that true "vacation experience", if that is what you are traveling for
- Extremely quiet for sleeping, very well insulated rooms
The "cons" (although I personally do not think they make a huge difference):
- There is no pool here, so just keep that in mind when traveling and if it is important to you.
- The price is a bit high for a room, depending on when you go. I happened to get a very good rate when I went but it can be as high as the upper $300's during the week, and a bit lower during the weekend days
Overall this is my take on the Hotel Ivy - It is a great hotel for the business traveler that wants a more luxurious experience with minimal children. Having said that, this hotel would not be my first choice for anyone traveling with a family for that very reason. Although the price may seem a bit high for a lot of people, I would definitely (and subjectively) recommend this hotel for at least a one-time visit. I personally give this hotel a "5" star rating because my experience was wonderful and everything that I look for in lodging that could contribute to a 5-star rating applies to this hotel.
If you get a chance to get down (or up) to this hotel, I hope your experience is as good as mine!
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Hotel Minneapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, the skyway-connected Hotel Ivy hotel is conveniently located next to Orchestra Hall, the Nicollet Mall area and the Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Expedia, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Ivy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.