“One of the worst experiences” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55430 (Formerly The Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Newly Renovated, $99/nt
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Dade City
“One of the worst experiences”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Business placed me here or I would have left. Of the 50+ of my group ALL had multiple BAD experiences . Yes the renovation is lovely downstairs & in the rooms. But what the heck is up with lack of staff or adequate ordinary expectations... Like towels, coffee (for the machine in room), cleaned rooms, trash removal, clean glasses & rugs. There was one poor soul working breakfast & lunch & later driving the van to take us to some places to eat in Maple shopping area. Manager was non-existent, supervisors solved nothing. The bottom level staff struggled to do less than basics.
Hilton should remove their name from this hotel. In addition , I cannot imagine why anyone would stay in an industrial area NOT in walking distance of anything. Ugh!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I try always posting the good, the bad, and everything in between. I hope these posts do help other travelers but also the hotels. I try to stay mostly at one of the Hilton Family of Hotels which Doubletree is and wow...we have had some great hotels, however this hotel was subpar to most. The room I checked into in advance since I am a Diamond member was not ready when I arrived after 4PM. Front staff told me there were no rooms cleaned of the type I had wanted. It would be about 1-2 hours before one was ready. This was already unacceptable since the hotel was not sold out the night before and all rooms should be cleaned and ready for guest by 4 PM if that is check in time. The hotel had major renovations going on and told me the restaurant inside was closed but the lounge was opened. I found out later that they were serving food out of the lounge and I didn't have to leave the hotel. My room was quite old looking and not updated as he stated. I had not water in my room which I had requested and I needed a refrigerator for medicinal purposed which also wasn't there. I was only in the room for about 10 minutes when a maintenance man came to my door and said my room and filter were dirty and needed to be changed. This put me in a "not feeling safe mood". How could the staff at this hotel not communicate and when your are traveling for work alone, the last thing I want is to have a stranger knocking at my door. If he thought the room was empty as he stated why did he knock? Why didn't he just use his key to get in and make the changes needed. I felt unsafe, staying in an unclean room, and a room that needed maintenance to the heating/cooling system. Some of the outlets were also not tight and moved when you plugged things in. I finally talked with the manager. She was very sympathetic and did offer additional points for all the inconveniences I had to endure. BTW...my medicine was kept on ice that night. I have yet to see those extra points, so not sure what I think at all. Until they have all their issues handled I would not recommend this hotel.

Minneapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Disgusting, crusty, mildewed shower curtains in both rooms that took three days to change (had to complain 3 times and bring a photo to get action); burned food in the restaurant (had to send back two items); maids forgot to service room one day; found drug paraphernalia on sidewalk one evening; rooms had been damaged (fist holes in doors and walls) that were poorly repaired. Foam mattresses that were horribly uncomfortable - sore back all week. Stay elsewhere.

Faribault, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Paid extra for an early-check in and nothing was done to get us in early. Didn't get to check in until normal time- 4pm even after calling and coming in person. The lady at the desk was extremely unfriendly and did nothing to help. When we finally checked in the guy at the desk was friendly and said we should have had a room ready for us. The room was not clean- window was so dirty from inside, found a hair on the desk, yellow stains on the pillow case and someone elses garbage in the can. Extremely disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Susan M,
I am very sorry to hear your experience with us did not live up to expectations. Your comments have been shared with the departments responsible. We value your comments such as yours so that we may use them as tools to improve.
We do hope you will stay with us on a future date so that we may show the improvements made.
Mandan, ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property is just off Interstate 694 and easy to find. The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. However, they were severely under-staffed. We had a very roomy king suite and another adjoining room on the Honors floor. It was not very clean (carpet was filthy) and a few things were missing in our rooms when we arrived, nothing major though. The microwave was broken, which was replaced quickly, but there was no outlet on the counter so we had to set it on a coffee table to plug it in and use it. On the second day of our stay our rooms were not cleaned, nor were our supplies replenished. We didn't get fresh towels or washcloths until 10:00 pm and we had to go down to the desk to get them. Jeff at the front desk apologized many times and adjusted our rate accordingly. The staff we had contact with most was Tanisha? at the front desk, maids Ursala and Shea, and Jeff. All were extremely friendly and when they could help it was fantastic. The cookies also were awesome.
If I were in this business I would rather lose money and see some floors closed down with less work for the staff to do, rather than lose business because of poor reviews from poor service and dissatisfied customers.
The property itself was very nice. There is a Dennys close by and a couple of other eating places a few blocks away. I didn't see any convenience stores or gas stations close by. The walking path right next to the building was nice and it was quiet with lots of free parking.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear ndschloss,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We have shared your kind comments regarding the staff mentioned.
We are very sorry to hear of the room issues encountered and have shared this with the team as well.
We do hope to have you visit again when in the area!
Charles City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Avoid this hotel at all costs. As a Hilton gold honors level, I was placed on the top floor of the hotel; one of the two hhonors floors. My window was so dirty I could not see out of it. The bed sheet also had a very visible brown stain on it. This is easily the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. The breakfast was also awful; both the bacon and waffles had clearly been cooked days in advance. The lobby smells like chlorine and the evaluators smell like marijuana. I didn't come across a single employee who seemed competent at his or her job. This is also the only hotel I have been in that does not have a sign near the elevators telling guests which rooms are in which direction.

Stayed May 2015
Dear John S
Thank you for the detailed feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. The photos and comments have been shared with the team. We are in the process of getting ready to replace some of the windows such as yours and that will greatly improve the views.
We are certainly sorry about the room cleanliness and breakfast issues encountered.
We do hope to have you back to see these improvements as you are a valued HHonor Member.
Moorhead, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located in an area where there is nothing else but a few industrial sites. The rooms are small and not well maintained. By room looks out to the south. With a moderate wind, there is a sound all night from outside of the window that sounds like a flagpole is whipped by the wind. It could be my airport conditioning unit or one below me also. There is not much to like here. The reason I booked here was due to the low price of $135 per night but it isn't worth it. It is a rock bottom Hilton property.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear kawidd,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, we are in a quieter location, but we do have a shuttle that goes to the near by shopping area and restaurants for your next visit. We can also place you on a lower floor to help with any wind noise.
We do hope you stay again and take advantage of these things!
Director of OPerations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!