DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55430 (Formerly The Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Newly Renovated, $99/nt
Ranked #37 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, United States
“Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Loved the rooms.. Just wish that the room would have been cleaned better. Found a cup under couch, a old ballloon behind curtins, hair on side of couch and floor in cloaset need to be cleaned. The table needed to be washed sticky spots.. If we have to stay in Minneapolis again we will stay here again..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I typically stay in hotels between 100 to 125 nights per week, so I've seen some great hotels and some horrible ones. This one looks great, but the service was horrible. The front desk wouldn't answer calls, the room wasn't cleaned, one of our friends found a large brown smudge on the sheets once they opened the bed, the pool area was filthy, and once I ordered a beer at the "bar", the bartender left for 20 minutes. This is by far the worst experience I've had in a hotel in years...only a stay in China for three weeks was worse. What makes this worse is the area is unsafe and there's NOTHING close to it. I think I even saw some illegal escorts working. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Best tip, go somewhere else.
Green Features: I guess they're great because they don't wash their sheets or towels.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear CGDokken,
Thank you so much for speaking with me today regarding your recent stay. I appreciated the open feedback and the time you took out of your day. I have already spoken to our managers and given them your comments for training purposes.
I appreciate your vote of confidence that we will have much better service levels the next time you are in this area.
Director of Operations.
ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My experience was just OK. The bed was very comfy. The shower was great. Every staff member I interacted with was wonderful.
The TV listing was incorrect. No TLC. It was an easy location to find but there is "Nothing" in the area if you want to walk to dinner or entertainment. Only a Denny's. My room was pretty small. Housekeeping was inconsistent. The waste paper basket held someone else's garbage for a couple days, one day I only had one bath towel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear WDWlover,
Thank you for your recent review and your kind words regarding the staff at the hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the TV listings, we are looking into this.
We also want to let you know, for your next visit, we have a shuttle available in the evenings that can drop you at some nearby restaurants. We hope to see you again!
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a Hilton member and chose DoubleTree to take advantage of a conference rate. I am very glad we chose DT. Their staff was great, extra towels provided quickly and enthusiastically (not as a chore), and the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Free internet in the rooms was great, which is something I haven't had at previous stays with other Hilton properties. It is centrally located and the staff was simply top-notch.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear tklempan,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly hope to have you back soon! We have shared your kind words with the staff.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room. It was very comfortable as well as quiet! My daughter will be attending U of M this fall and this will be a nice retreat. I would definitely stay here again. Very enjoyable:)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Peggy M,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. We are so very glad you enjoyed the room! We look forward to being your "home away from home" while your daughter is attending school!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Madison, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cleaning should have someone check them now and again - very dirty room with food bits left in the corner under the desk. Meeting space was dirty, too, and the table skirts for exhibit should be washed between conferences- mine had food stains on it. The pool needed to be cleaned or the filtration system is not working- lots of hair and bits of paper floating around. I was sickened following dinner in the restaurant on Friday night- I have not been that violently ill for a long time and I was not the only one in our party that took ill. I would have loved to eat somewhere else, but there are no other restaurants close to this hotel. The waiter continually called my colleague by her first name (just because she left her conference tag on while eating) and he didn't hide that the fact that he was staring right at her breasts. He even walked behind her on the way to the buffet staring directly at her butt - (I apparently can't write on TripAdvisor that she was uncomfortable with all of this, but it made ME uncomfortable for her). $7 for a domestic beer is a bit steep and the wine glasses were never filled more than 1/3 full at an equally steep rate. The couch in my room overwhelmingly smelled like hot dogs and my room was on the Hilton Rewards floor (where the nice rooms are supposed to be). On Friday night, the parking lot was filled with cops cars and the lobby smelled like pot smoke. On Saturday night there was a guy creepily lingering outside the elevator and in my hallway with a number of scantily dressed women. When I came up to the room following conference events late Saturday evening, I obviously was interrupting something going on with the group because they were suddenly quiet and just glared at me, until I got into my room. On Sunday morning, there was something that triggered the emergency lighting and warnings to go off in the hotel, I was locked in the restaurant. When I returned to my room, the creepy guy from the hallway was being arrested, tackled on the landing outside the elevator by 3 cops. Honestly, this was an exceptionally scary experience for me. I hid in the stairwell until I was sure they were all escorted into the elevator and gone. I expect better of DoubleTree Hotels.

Room Tip: Bring your own hotspot, the WiFi is marginal at best if it works at all.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rosco L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear OnTheRoad,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and a home away from home environment. I apologize that your experience with us was not to this level. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can discuss further details with you and make things right. My direct line is 763-489-2562
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Stayed here for business. One night. Room was on the 5th floor. Clean, comfortable bed. Good TV, good movie selection. Water pressure good. Warm chocolate chip cookie on check in was nice. Pool area quiet. Rather odd to have the pool area right off of the business conference rooms but it was not a problem for us because the pool was not used that day.
Breakfast and lunch served in the conference room was prompt and very good. Sandwiches were generous in size and very fresh. Chips were too hard and too greasy. Fruit would have been better. Service to our conference group was very attentive. Room temperature was good. Comfortable place to stay for a business overnight and a meeting with the troops.

Green Features: I did not observe water conservation practices to be in place, this is disappointing as this area has had a very dry winter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
Dear GardenShore99,
Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and meeting. We appreciate your feedback on the meal and your thoughts for healthier options.
We hope you can stay again and enjoy more of what the city has to offer, and of course those wonderful cookies!
Regrads,
Director of Operations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!