DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55430 (Formerly The Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Newly Renovated, $99/nt
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
ND
“Conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My experience was just OK. The bed was very comfy. The shower was great. Every staff member I interacted with was wonderful.
The TV listing was incorrect. No TLC. It was an easy location to find but there is "Nothing" in the area if you want to walk to dinner or entertainment. Only a Denny's. My room was pretty small. Housekeeping was inconsistent. The waste paper basket held someone else's garbage for a couple days, one day I only had one bath towel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am a Hilton member and chose DoubleTree to take advantage of a conference rate. I am very glad we chose DT. Their staff was great, extra towels provided quickly and enthusiastically (not as a chore), and the room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Free internet in the rooms was great, which is something I haven't had at previous stays with other Hilton properties. It is centrally located and the staff was simply top-notch.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room. It was very comfortable as well as quiet! My daughter will be attending U of M this fall and this will be a nice retreat. I would definitely stay here again. Very enjoyable:)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Peggy M,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. We are so very glad you enjoyed the room! We look forward to being your "home away from home" while your daughter is attending school!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
Madison, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cleaning should have someone check them now and again - very dirty room with food bits left in the corner under the desk. Meeting space was dirty, too, and the table skirts for exhibit should be washed between conferences- mine had food stains on it. The pool needed to be cleaned or the filtration system is not working- lots of hair and bits of paper floating around. I was sickened following dinner in the restaurant on Friday night- I have not been that violently ill for a long time and I was not the only one in our party that took ill. I would have loved to eat somewhere else, but there are no other restaurants close to this hotel. The waiter continually called my colleague by her first name (just because she left her conference tag on while eating) and he didn't hide that the fact that he was staring right at her breasts. He even walked behind her on the way to the buffet staring directly at her butt - (I apparently can't write on TripAdvisor that she was uncomfortable with all of this, but it made ME uncomfortable for her). $7 for a domestic beer is a bit steep and the wine glasses were never filled more than 1/3 full at an equally steep rate. The couch in my room overwhelmingly smelled like hot dogs and my room was on the Hilton Rewards floor (where the nice rooms are supposed to be). On Friday night, the parking lot was filled with cops cars and the lobby smelled like pot smoke. On Saturday night there was a guy creepily lingering outside the elevator and in my hallway with a number of scantily dressed women. When I came up to the room following conference events late Saturday evening, I obviously was interrupting something going on with the group because they were suddenly quiet and just glared at me, until I got into my room. On Sunday morning, there was something that triggered the emergency lighting and warnings to go off in the hotel, I was locked in the restaurant. When I returned to my room, the creepy guy from the hallway was being arrested, tackled on the landing outside the elevator by 3 cops. Honestly, this was an exceptionally scary experience for me. I hid in the stairwell until I was sure they were all escorted into the elevator and gone. I expect better of DoubleTree Hotels.

Room Tip: Bring your own hotspot, the WiFi is marginal at best if it works at all.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rosco L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear OnTheRoad,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and a home away from home environment. I apologize that your experience with us was not to this level. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can discuss further details with you and make things right. My direct line is 763-489-2562
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for business. One night. Room was on the 5th floor. Clean, comfortable bed. Good TV, good movie selection. Water pressure good. Warm chocolate chip cookie on check in was nice. Pool area quiet. Rather odd to have the pool area right off of the business conference rooms but it was not a problem for us because the pool was not used that day.
Breakfast and lunch served in the conference room was prompt and very good. Sandwiches were generous in size and very fresh. Chips were too hard and too greasy. Fruit would have been better. Service to our conference group was very attentive. Room temperature was good. Comfortable place to stay for a business overnight and a meeting with the troops.

Green Features: I did not observe water conservation practices to be in place, this is disappointing as this area has had a very dry winter.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear GardenShore99,
Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and meeting. We appreciate your feedback on the meal and your thoughts for healthier options.
We hope you can stay again and enjoy more of what the city has to offer, and of course those wonderful cookies!
Regrads,
Chattanooga TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't stay here until they remodel. This place is a DUMP!. It is not up to standards of Hilton or Doubletree. The carpet is dirty, the rooms need painting the place is the worst i have and to stay in a long long time.

What is wrong with Hilton or Doubletree putting their badge on this hotel. When you come in the door you can see it is a crappy hotel.

I am stick here for two nights as I don't have a car and we are traveling with someone else . The didn't save my reserved King room on check in and it is just a terrible looking place

I stay 125 nights a year at Hilton properties, This hotel needs to be taken off the Hilton list.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, find another hotel
Green Features: they haven't used paint or new carpet in years, is that recycling
Dear Alwaysonbusiness,
I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I wanted to let you know that if you visit again, we do have a shuttle that can take you off property to visit the area restaurants.
We have just completed a refresh to the property that upgraded the lobby area and added new carpeting to the rooms.
We do hope to have you visit with again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed 3 times at this hotel for a conference each March, and I thought it high time I wrote a review about it. This hotel is a nice stay. The staff is polite and they know their jobs. The rooms are nice, though some of them are smallish for the price. The beds are super comfy, the cleanliness is good, and the amenities are also good. We enjoy each stay.

We like the bathrooms and the toiletries. The towels are always nice and white and fluffy. The maids leave you coffee if you tip. Not so much if you don't. The showers always heat up right away. We find the whole ambience very nice and welcoming, and we will definitely be back each March!

Room Tip: As per usual, don't get a room facing the pool if you want quiet, and if you don't like Paga...
Green Features: They don't recycle and this bothers us. The conference we attend is for Pagan folks and we are Earth-conscious. They take away the recyclables with other trash and we are pretty sure everything goes into the trash.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about the staff and the hotel. We will share with the team your feedback. We are working with the staff on improving our recycling efforts. We have new trash bins in the rooms that allow you to seperate your items and we are looking into ways to be greener in our meeting rooms.
We certainly look forward to hosting you again and hope to see you soon!
Director of Operations

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!