“really nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Freeway Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55430 (Formerly The Minneapolis Boulevard Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Newly Renovated, $99/nt!
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
appleton, United States
“really nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I may have misread the scene and I could be totally wrong, but if I'm right, this is a bold twist that might change the rules of how 12 Monkeys operates, and in incredible ways. We're always thinking about how the future can fix the past—send Cole back, stop the virus, save mankind, have a glass of champagne. But did we ever stop to think about how the future might've effed up the past? Was the virus inadvertently sent back during a time-travel experiment, thus resetting reality in the future? Is Jones not just obsessed with stopping the virus to save humanity, but also to save face from starting the whole mess in the first place? Does she miss Mozart and Beethoven and Tostoy so much because she's the reason they're gone? Is up now down and do cats and dogs now get along? This development raises a couple interesting questions that the show can have a ton of fun with. First, whose body is that? Is it some random person or is it *gasp* someone we know? Could it be Cole, who, even though he's immune to the virus in this timeline (or so we think; we know very little about immunity), was sent back previously? Could it be Ramse, or Cassie, or Jones herself? The possibilities are endless provided we can work around the notion of time-travel paradoxes. And second, if Jones was sending people back in time before she started working with Cole and one of those subjects was the source of the virus, why were people being sent back in time in the first place? Cool stuff to think about. Again, I'm watching press screeners in advance and currently don't have anyone to discuss these episodes with, so I'm kind of out on a limb here. Maybe I missed a vital bit of information, or maybe 12 Monkeys is playing a sneaky game by not confirming anything and letting our imaginations run wild. But if the virus did come from the future, things are getting really fun.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonManager1, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Curtis H.,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel from your recent stay. We appraciate the feedback for this site as well as our hotel survey. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Milanie S
Director of Operations.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

**STRAIGHT GARBAGE** Got a room with some friends to swim, get there the pool is closed, wi-fi doesn't work, we go ask if we can leave because they didn't have a pool or wi-fi at the time. They say we can leave and they won't charge us. 3 Days later my friends card got charged. They come up with some bullcrap and say they can't give us the money back. It messed up that they charged us $100 for 30 minutes that we were there. bullcrap hotel. *wish i could us profanity to express how i am feeling

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Rosco L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for our pool being closed as well as the internet not working properly. Please feel free to contact me directly at 763-489-2562 and I will take care of your credit issue.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall not a bad looking place but had a number of issues. Rooms are much smaller than typical for DoubleTree Missed Wake Up Call Late room cleanings Inconsistent Food quality for room service Room door open into a dead end hallway making it easy to hear other guests. Front desk staff were the most helpful and did their best to fix the issues but it still was a mixed bag.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Christopher,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I want to apologize for the missed wake up call and the inconsistent food quality and the late service on your room. Thank you for recognizing the quality of our front desk staff. We are very excited that we just hired a new Executive Chef with a lot of new ideas for our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at 763-489-2562 so I can make up for the lack of service you received and ensure any future visits with us will be great.
aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the breakfast and internet was very poor. The rooms were clean and staff were helpful. The internet kept tripping off. The breakfast was poor and didnt have much variety, no bread. We kept asking for water and bread which they left behind the restaurant.Awful

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with the team. We take pride in our service and cleanliness and it's always great to see positive comments on both. I sincerely apologize that our breakfast and internet were less than satisfactory during your visit. We are currently working on upgrading both of those items. Please feel free to contact me at my direct line (763-489-2562) if your future travels bring you to our area and I will make sure your stay with us is perfect.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in this hotel in its previous life as part of other chains, and it has usually been pretty mediocre. It has lots of potential, and I when I booked a room because the nearby Embassy Suites was full I had high hopes. The staff was great upon entering. When I got to my room the heat was off and the thermostat wouldn't stay on. Staff came quickly (were very friendly) and put in new batteries and it appeared to work....however all night it kept resetting to 74 degrees or turning off, and wouldn't stay at the 68 degrees I set it. In addition, the furniture was very stained and beat up (including the doors, desk, chair, etc.), and the carpet was both stained and full of threads and other debris. This is my second bad experience at DoubleTree in a row (and I stay at Hilton Hotels almost exclusively). I am hoping that there are plans for an overhaul....

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Minneapolis and taking the time to review your stay. Your feedback is important to us and is shared with our team members. I would like to apologize for the heat issues you encountered. Our hotel has been renovated but there are still more renovations coming. We are currently looking at upgrading our heating/cooling units. Hearing the staff was great during your visit is much appreciated as well as your loyalty to the Hilton brand. Please contact me directly at 763-489-2562 for any future visits to our city and I will ensure you receive the VIP service that you should have received during your initial visit with us.
Bellevue, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon arrival, I checked in as an HHilton member but was not acknowledged. The room was extremely small with no amenities. The bath had rust and mold. Essentially, what I got was a Motel 6 experience. If you are looking for a place where you can get a truly Hilton experience, choose the Doubletree on 394 or go to a Hyatt. I realize that this is in the northern section of the Twin Cities, however, it really doesn't offer much more than a place to lay your head. At least there were no insect pests in the room!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Hello Guy S

I apprectiate your feedback and have addressed your concerns with my staff. We do have a variety of room sizes. Please contact me if your future travels bring you to our area so I can ensure a larger room on our top floor with a city view. My number is 763-489-2562. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honor member and I hope you will give us another chance in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

This double tree has been tastefully renovated but still had some features that date it back. The heater in our room was super old and dirty and the room was quite cold. Service was great, when we told them how cold our room was they offered to comp us some breakfast so their effort was appreciated. Easy access to freeway. It only had a pool and no hot tub and the pool area was quite cold. Overall we would likely stay again.

Stayed January 2015
Management2200, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for recognizing our service staff. I am sorry you had issues with your heater but I will bring this point up at our weekly staff meetings so when you come back you won't have that problem. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you visit soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!