“Nice hotel - excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6051 Golden Hills Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Walker, Minnesota
“Nice hotel - excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Well kept hotel - what one expects at a Holiday Inn Express. Staff was also what you expect - efficient, friendly and accurate with information. Room rate of $90 for a Sunday evening was acceptable. I was driving a pickup truck fully loaded with parcels for delivery and didn't want to deal with security issues at downtown Minneapolis hotels. This was the perfect choice. Very handy to downtown Minneapolis and the western suburbs. Location was a little confusing on the north side of I-394, but if you follow the hotel website directions you'll have no problem. I elected to follow directions on my Garmin GPS and ended up coming in the back side through an adjoining property. One very minor negative - you can't drive completely around the hotel, as the parking lot is a deadend on the back side.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was especially nice to hear how excellent you found our staff to be. We were glad to have met the expectations that you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the Minneapolis area.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

After my poor experience at Super 8, I went to the next nearest place, which happened to be this one. I was given a water and the clerk went out of her way to let me know that Super 8's guests often prefer to stay with them. She wasn't snarky or nasty about it, but she was being truthful.
The room was BEAUTIFUL and worth every penny of the $45 difference in rate. I don't like that they have a machine to pump perfume into the public spaces, but at least there weren't any bedbugs or "management problems" for me to deal with.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on second floor away from the freeway, and it was really quiet!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn Express. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the front desk staff that checked you in was able to get you taken care of. We can understand your concern with the scent machine in the lobby and are working to come up with a way to better address this for all our guests. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Had a quick overnight here, overall not a bad HI Express. Rooms have been updated and one of the nicer clock radios I've seen in a room for a while. The room update was done pretty well, but kept seeing areas where the maintenance guys or the contractor cut corners. Nothing big, just enough to make you question overall condition of things. Good food choices over on the other side of the freeway from the hotel, and free evening cocktail hour along with the breakfast. Rooms were very quiet.

Only complaint, if you are smoke sensitive, doesn’t get a room on the third floor, it appears to be a mixed room type floor. I had a non-smoking room, but you could pick up the smoke smell from the hallway. Only downside to what was not a bad stay.

Room Tip: Don't pick 3rd floor if cig. smoke bothers you
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We were happy to hear that your overall stay was good. We will share you concerns regarding the smoking odor on the 3rd floor with our housekeeping and maintenance staff so that they can address it immediately to prevent future guests from encountering that same issue. Additionally, we'll review your feedback regarding maintenance attention to detail. The little things matter!

We look forward to having you back next time you travel to the area.

Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

clean ,, close to friends,, clean ,, nice people to deal with,, helpful

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis West – Golden Valley. We were happy to hear how clean your room was and how nicely the staff treated you. We look forward to have you back next time you visit the twin cities area.

Lisa Birchfield
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very nice hotel. Big rooms, nice TV and free internet access as well as free breakfast and happy hour. Can´t complain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I am excited to share your wonderful compliments with the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis (Golden Valley). It was especially nice to hear how much you enjoyed our complimentary wireless access and free evening social. Please keep us in mind next time you visit the Minneapolis area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Hotel was avg. I was excited for their continental breakfast but was disappointed once I had it.

• Stayed June 2011
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, June 17, 2011
milrockee1:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very sorry to hear that our breakfast bar did not meet up to your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve for our guests and will definitely be reevaulating our breakfast offerings so that future guests are not disappointed by our breakfast bar as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you and will use your experience to improve our hotel for all future guests.

My most sincere apologies,

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip. It was fine and I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't be excited about it or anything. I travel frequently for business and generally stay in this class of hotel. This Holiday Inn Express rates as "average" in most ways. It was just close to where I needed to be.

Room: I had to change rooms because the ac/heater in my room started leaking. They told me they're replacing all the AC units and the one in my room definitely needed it. They changed me to a suite, which was big, but nothing especially nice to get excited about. The room was clean enough. Both rooms had a fridge and microwave. Free internet worked fine.

TV: Fine, but old CRT, not flat screen. I think there was HBO.

Bathroom: clean and fine and clearly updated somewhat recently, but I think the counter was still something like Corian, not granite like many hotels that have been recently renovated. Shower worked fine and the towels were nice and soft.

Common areas: very small entry area with breakfast area right on top of it. Someone spilled french fries in the hall on my floor and there were still partially there the following evening. Like someone picked up the big chunks, but not what had been stepped on. This hotel allows smoking and at least the 3rd floor is both smoking and non. The halls smelled strongly of smoke, but my room did not (big relief because I don't like smoking at all).

Breakfast: Typical of HI Express. Cinnamon rolls, cereals, fruit (oranges weren't very good), yogurt, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs. Fine for me.

Exercise room: OK, but not great. TV had no remote, equipment was a bit worn (1 bike didn't work, the other was pretty worn). Room was warm and turning on the AC didn't seem to help much.

Location: It was extremely convenient for where I needed to be and there's a lot of new shops and restaurants just down the street. Right next to the freeway so you can get anywhere quickly. Not much around here other than businesses I guess so I guess if you're staying here its probably for work.

I'm going to give it a "recommended", but only if you had to be in this particular area for business. I'd be disappointed if I was here on vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, June 8, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I have shared these comments with our entire staff and the ownership of our hotel. We are always striving to exceed all of our customers’ expectations, so your feedback is very helpful for us - thank you!

We did recently replace several of our guest room air conditioner units and we are scheduled to replace all TV’s with new flat screen units later this year. I have spoken with the maintenance staff of the hotel to ensure that the exercise bikes are both in working condition. I am working with all managers on duty to ensure that they are properly inspecting all public areas frequently throughout the day to ensure that all areas are clean and tidy at all times. I apologize for the inconvenience that this issues caused you and will use your experience to improve our hotel for all future guests.

My most sincere apologies,

Lisa Birchfield, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)? Share your experiences!