“Good time for first trip by myself” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, United States
“Good time for first trip by myself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Aside from having to wait about 20 minutes for housekeeping to clean a room for me, I had good service. Ended up on the 9th floor, to my surprise. The room was big, and very tidy. The cookies were warm and delicious. When I left the hotel after checking out, the front desk gave me two cookies as a parting gift for the long drive back home.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sandy, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Check in was easy, we checked in late and were only staying one night so we didn't get to try the restaurant. The staff helped us find a place to order food. We had double bed room but the bathroom was tiny for two people. Beds were very comfortable. Internet is $10 per day which seemed a bit ridiculous in this day and age(our next hotel had free, fast Internet which we used). Lots of places to plug in your devices!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Staff was welcoming and went out of their way to assist with our many questions. They suggested fun local spots for us to eat & play a little while we were off from our convention. Our group was handled very well overall.

I did not like the parking - needs better signage & attendant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boone, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. Denitria, our waitress in the hotel restaurant, was outstanding. Beds were the best! We really enjoyed the suite layout of the rooms - comfortable and well decorated. Nice to have microwave, frig and coffeemaker in the room. Good location - we parked the car on arrival and didn't move it till departure!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Des Moines, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis had a great room and the staff provided outstanding service. Negatives: The hotel charged my credit card to include a damage deposit (or what DoubleTree THINKS I will owe at the end of my stay). I wish the hotel would just charge me for the price agreed upon when I booked the room. (The deposit will be refunded a few days after I check out.) Also, they charged me extra for the bottles of water left in the room, something I was not aware would happen until after I checked out of the hotel and saw the extra charge on my credit card. I also had to pay $19/day for parking. I felt a bit like I was being nickel-and-dimed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Missouri City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I normally wait until I leave to review the hotel I'm staying, but I really don't want to forget anything because thus far it has been the worse stay I have ever had at a Doubletree.

It all started when I got to the hotel, they have their own parking "garage" at the hotel and I had to buzz to get in. No one bothered to answer the buzz and tell me the garage was full, so after navigating my way up the "two way" ramp that only has enough room for one car, I had to navigate my way down the ramp to get out. Again I buzzed to get out, no one answered and the magic gate lifted.

I then drove across the street to a lot that was clearly a private lot and there was no way for me to park in that lot on my own because I don't hold a card to get in. But I did call the hotel. I explained my plight and was instructed to wait in this lot and the security guard from the hotel would come and let me in this private lot. Woo hoo, I am parked and get to go in.

I checked in, the fellow at the desk was a nice enough guy. Parking would be free tonight because of the issues I raised about buzzing in/buzzing out with no one talking. He adjusted my stay because I failed to do that, my travel plans kept changing, and then he gave me my keys. I did have to ask for my DoubleTree Cookie, after all that is the welcome home thing. They didn't have any at the front desk, so I waited while he found one for me.

I am a Hilton Honors member with Diamond status. My preferences, while not always accommodated, are to be on a high floor away from the elevator. I get to my room. I'm on the 3rd floor of the hotel, in a room not only by the elevator but the staircase, and in what I can tell is a SMOKER's room. I immediately go back to the front desk and voice my displeasure with the room. Blah blah blah...it used to be the smoking floor...blah. They promise me a new room in the morning because they are booked. Woo Hoo....new room.

Ah, the next day. I got a new room. Top level, HHonors floor, far from the elevator. The dude came through. I did my laundry that day. The laundry room was fine. No bells, no whistles, it is a laundry room after all. Clothes were washed, and dried.

I went to the hotel bar/restaurant for dinner. I tried to order the NY Strip, but alas, the are out of steak. Must be a shortage of cow somewhere. I got the pork chop instead. Tasty. Broccoli was good, too. The beer on the other hand. You know how Anheuser-Busch has the born on date on the bottle of beer? Well the beer I ordered had the BOD of March. Well past its 120 days of "freshness". I guess no one drinks this beer up here? Strange. Why carry it? The poor bartender was the only guy working in the restaurant. He was the room service guy as well. Service around the place was pretty poor. I saw two people walk out because they never received service. I don't blame the bartender at all. The Hotel was supposedly full and this poor dude was the only one scheduled to be the waiter, bartender, room service guy.

I went to the bar/restaurant the following day for dinner, order the same beer, same BOD, but this time the beer is relatively warm. I had to ask for a cold glass so I could get the beer cold. I later said something about the temperature of the beer and was told they just put it in the cooler around 4pm. So someone must be drinking this beyond fresh beer. Other than that the worker-bees were great. They actually scheduled a bartender and a waitress/room service person today, service was much better.

And now to today. Why I am writing this now. As I said, I'm HHonors Diamond. I get free breakfast. Well, the $12 coupon today got me this...A buffet that only had the dried out eggs around the bottom/side of the pan, pancakes (which look like crepes to me), with no syrup, and a bad cup of coffee. So for this $12 coupon I ate a bowl of previously frozen fruit, two muffins, and one cup of coffee. Why one cup? I wasn't offered a refill.

I am now drinking my McDonald's coffee while writing this review. Other than my misfortune, I would like to give the review of the hotel:

1. It is old.
2. The bathrooms are tiny.
3. The halls have chair rail falling off or completely missing.
4. The parking is difficult to maneuver. There are mirrors so you can see on-coming traffic but I don't think they have been adjusted in a while because they are pointed the wrong direction.
5. The A/C in both rooms I was in are failing. I have it set to 64 degrees and I am still warm. I should be freezing. Nope.

After all is said and done, I will never stay at this hotel again. If I didn't hate packing/unpacking I would have already left. I can not and will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
South Bend, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Upon arrival I could not tell where the front of the hotel was.It is not clearley marked and parking was terrible.No valet parking.We went to the twins game and came back to have coktails and the bar closed at 11:00pm.There were still people in there but the bartender was cashing out her drawer at 11:10pm.We went to Brits around the corner and spent money there

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!