“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Aurora, Illinois
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is excellent for business or family trips. I stayed with my family of 5 in a double bed suite and we had plenty of room. There was a separate living area with a sofa bed and a second tv which was great with three kids. The beds were very comfortable and the linens were very nice as well. Down comforters and pillows. It is right downtown steps away from Nicollete Mall and a short drive to the Mall of America. Target field and stadium were very close as well. The only down side was that there was no pool. Disappointing for the kids, but not a big deal for me.

Room Tip: There was street construction right outside the Hotel, so that was a little noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for the review and for giving our hotel a five star rating. It is great hear that your family had room to relax in our large suites and that the location was ideal. It sounds like you were able to have a great family vacation and enjoy all that the Twin Cities has to offer. We appreciate your business and thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have never been to a DoubleTree....will never again. I was with a group of girls for the night. Before I went out for the night I stuck some money away so I wouldn't spend it. It was 65$. When we left for the evening (around 10pm) we stopped at the front desk to ask for some extra pillows and blankets. So housekeeping, or who ever was in our room. Needless to say my purse was went through...and my money taken. My purse was packed away in my duffle bag. What really makes me angry is that when I talked to the staff about it, they pretty much accused me of lying because "none of their staff would do that" and the girl that I talked to said "she knows who was working that night, and they would never have done that". A simple "I'm sorry, I'll look into this for you" would have been so much better!

Oh and the rooms are completely out dated! Outlets on the wall were loose. Wouldn't keep anything plugged in. Bathroom door didn't shut. Had to slam it hard...then it wouldn't lock. Room smelled disgusting.

I won't stay there again. I could handle the out dated rooms...but the poor customer service is what did me in!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the problems you encountered during visit. We strive everyday to make the experience for all our guests a great one and we obviously fell short and we are truly sorry. If you would like to discuss further please call me directly at 612-332-6800.

Patrick
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was surprised this hotel provided a complimentary personal hygiene kit which was handy (if you forgot to bring your own). The "fresh" chocolate cookie was an added bonus. The breakfast buffet was reasonable. Starbucks is also in the the hotel, next to lobby, so it was nice (I didn't have to go out and find one).

The biggest downside is limited parking on-site and it is not free.

The room was clean and definitely I wouldn't mine staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your thoughts on our cleanliness, amenities, and the arrival experience with the "fresh" cookie. You enjoyed your stay and that is what we strive to hear from every guest. Thank you once again for staying with DoubleTree Suites and we hope you visit us again.
Springfield, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed at your hotel last weekend, upon arrival we were greeted by Anita, I am unclear as to why your hotel has her at front desk She was rude very uninformed and clearly noted on our reservation that we were to receive an honor room, she choose instead to put us in a room that was not on the honor floor (found out later there were rooms available on the honor floor) and proceeded to have waters and sodas brought to our room to accommodate us. If you want your business to improve you may want to put her where no one can talk to her. After the front desk issue, I must say your other staff was very friendly and helpful. I would like to thank Pat and Junior for making our stay enjoyable great guys and so courteous.

Room Tip: move out of line if you get Anita wait for other staff to help you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jenna,

Thank you for the review and staying with us recently. We have already discussed your feedback with our front desk team to help improve the arrival experience for all our guests and in particular Honors members. I apologize for the problems you encountered at check-in. Your comments about Pat and Junior are very much appreciated and we are proud to have them on our team. Thank you again for all the feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip to Minneapolis.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

located near shopping and fine dining, spacious common areas are a bit dated, room was very clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable, hardly saw any staff, bathroom was classy and spotless, TV had poor reception with a fuzzy screen, business space was NOT private

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about many key things that are critical when visiting a hotel. You stated the room was clean, the bed exceptionally comfortable, and the bathroom spotless. Our housekeeping team works very hard to keep our hotel clean and your feedback is very much appreciated. We will continue monitor our technology to ensure that our TV's and business space are in great condition and met our guest needs. Thank you again for staying with DoubleTree Suites by Hilton.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Location was ok, but bit in a old neigbourhood. The lobby was very simple and old. Like the whole building. Same with the rooms. Big rooms, but old and old style decorations. The whole hotel really need a fresh-up!

Alex,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. Our hotel did undergo a major renovation in 2011 and some cosmetic updates in 2013. We will continue to look at ways to ensure our accommodations are up to date, clean, and well maintained so we provide our guests a great value when staying with us in Minneapolis. Thank you again.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface by writing that my travel to metropolitan areas is infrequent and my wife and I were in Minneapolis for a weekend wedding. This hotel was well rated, well priced, and within walking distance of the weekend's events. We were able to walk to quality restaurants, pubs, and shopping.
Regarding unexpected fees; I was not expecting $20/day on-site parking and was not expecting $10/day internet access. As it was, we had to park in their "overflow" lot in an office complex across the street because the hotel also allows the public to park for a fee in their hotel ramp. Internet is, however, complimentary to Hilton loyalty members or AT&T subscribers. My Apple tech could not pull a sufficient signal from nearby public access points.
Regarding cleanliness; there was long black hair from the previous guest on the shower walls, and my socks picked up bits of cat or small dog fur from parts of the carpet. We also arrived to find housekeeping left us a neatly folded, but very damp, bathmat. I have to add that the water pressure in the building is so incredibly strong that water will spray everywhere and I was fully expecting the plumbing fixtures to blow!
Our ninth floor suite was very nice with a gorgeous view of the city. The social/home-office space was sufficiently separate from the sleeping space. The room included current TV technology in both the sleeping and living spaces.
The weekend staff was positive, professional, and comfortable at customer service. Security exceeded expectations. There is a restaurant with a full service bar, and a Starbucks on site.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paul,

Thank you for staying with us and the detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and accommodations. It is also great to hear that our security staff and location more than met your expectations. I would like to apologize for the problem with your room cleanliness and we will be following up with the team to improve. In addition, we will continue to survey the market to ensure our fees for internet and parking remain competitive. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Minneapolis as well.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!