“NICE PLACE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Hazel, United States
“NICE PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice BIG suite for 6 adults. However BR door was difficult to open/close,noisy. Beds were comfortable. And the warm cookie at check in was a nice surprise. The location was within walking distance of Target field. We were in town for a ball game.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We really appreciate your review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to future business from you. I speak for all the staff when I say that we really try to go the extra mile for our guests and do all we can to show our customers we care and that we want each experience to be memorable and fulfilling. Thank you for your time and please contact me if you ever need anything in the future.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

All the things you read about the HVAC system at this hotel are true. Unless you enjoy sleeping in 62 degree rooms with air blowing on you all night, avoid it. And on top of that, I was incorrectly charged for my room, as were a lot of people in our convention group!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It is very disheartening to hear that you had a bad stay at our hotel. I certainly hope that you will give us one more chance to show you the type of experience we can provide. Please let us know in the future about your problems, as I promise we can rectify any problem that you experience and exceed your expectations for the remainder of your stay. We have problems just like other hotels, but we learn from our mistakes and can fix our issues quickly. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here several days while in Minneapolis for business. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The location was excellent. I had a short 10 minute walk to my business meetings. I was able to find a good running route. I even walked just 15 minutes or so to Target Field to watch a Minnesota Twins baseball game. Also the room rate was much less than most of the other downtown hotels I looked at and I doubt I would have gotten much better service or a much better suite so I was very pleased with the value.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give the Doubletree Suites a review. We are all so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found value in your experience. We are still not perfect, but we work hard to get closer to perfection every day. It is reviews like yours that let people know that we are trying hard and that we want people to continue to stay with us time and time again. Please come back and see us soon. Thank you.
Eveleth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Overall this hotel was fine. The rooms were clean. The beds were very comfortable. The downtown location was great. The breakfast buffet was good. Check in was not convenient because there were taxis parked in front of the hotel and no room for guests so we parked illegally around the corner until we got our parking pass for the lot. We did have to wait until almost 6pm for housekeeping to clean our room the day after arrival, apparently due to a couple of big parties in the hotel the night before. This was an inconvenience since we were trying to get ready for the theater. We also ran out of TP our first night and had to request some from housekeeping. Other than these few hiccups, our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Lovely city views from upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. I am sorry that your stay was not perfect. We have a large quantity of loading and unloading zones on LaSalle avenue. We do have one spot on 11th street. It is nice because the taxis are in front of our hotel at all times which is a huge plus for us and most of our guests, but the downside there is only one parking spot on 11th street. You can always pull in to the parking garage first and park and then come up to check in. I am sorry for the inconvenience. You endured too many issues that are not typical of the Doubletree Suites. Thank you for brining them to my attention so I can address them immediately. We hope you come back so we can show you our improvements. Thank you.
Clayton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean, a full length mirror would have been greatly appreciated as would the warm cookie upon arriving. The customary checkout slip was not waiting on my floor the morning of checkout so I went through the process of standing in line for 30 minutes. A pool or Jacuzzi would have been a plus but overall it was a good stay and I will do so again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. We will have full length mirrors in the rooms again soon. We are currently upgrading our building, and part of that project was putting in new closet doors and taking out the old mirrored closet doors. Our next step is to put back in new full length mirrors. I am sorry you had to wait in line to get a copy of your bill. It is unacceptable to wait in line at all, let alone for as long as you suggested. I am sorry and will ensure it does not happen again. We hope you come back to us so we can make your next stay perfect.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

they were fabulous and attended our needs quickly and with pleasant smiles. The hotel was within walking distance to the convention center and Nicoletta Mall st restaurants and shops. Their courtesy breakfast was well stocked with a variety of breakfast times and the service was quick

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you! This type of review is what we live for and what we work so hard to accomplish. We appreciate your business and your comments. I always pass on accolades to the staff that earned them and I will be sure to do so in this case. Come back and see us soon.
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here with 3 other ladies when we were in town for our Tastefully Simple annual conference. It was in a great location, just a few minutes walk from the Convention center, and there were lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. The room was perfect for us with the living room with sofa bed and then two (quite comfortable) beds in the bedroom. It was nice having the little kitchenette as well. We didn't have much time for watching TV but there is a flat screen TV in both the living room and bedroom. Housekeeping was very fast when we requested towels, blankets, etc (and with 4 ladies in the room that was probably frequently!). The business center downstairs was very convenient as well.

We only had one minor issue which was taken care of SUPER FAST and even beyond what I expected to be done. Returning to the room after being in training sessions all day I found the door slightly propped open and two Pack and Play cribs set up in the room (housekeeping had obviously been given a wrong room number!). The manager Dustin was quite upset that this had happened and compensated us for the trouble.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again when our conference returns to Minneapolis!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the detailed response that you gave us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the mishap with the cribs. I am Dustin, the manager who assisted you. All of my staff truly cares for all of our guests and sincerely wants our guests to have flawless stays every time. When hardships happen, we certainly try to roll out the red carpet to ensure we handle these issues quickly and exceed our guest's expectations. We truly care. I hope to see you back in the future.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!