“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Northville, Michigan
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After having needing to switch hotels, we ended up here. Check in was smooth, even asked if we wanted a cookie (who else does this?). Any time we were coming or going the hotel staff acknowledged us if they weren't with other customers. We had a problem w/our tv & someone was up w/in 5-10 minutes of calling to help us. Our rooms were cleaned/picked up each day, no problems. I like that they have a bin for garbage & another for recycling. Living areas were spacious. Parking is attached either underground or above ground. Just make sure to use your room card to exit otherwise you pay & then get charged. We were not told how that worked, so we ended up paying $1 more since we just paid as we left the garage each time. Staff was helpful is correcting our bill when a parking charge showed up.
So I guess my only complaint was that parking wasn't discussed with us. Otherwise we enjoyed & my husband would stay here again on business. Just 1 block away from Nicollete Mall, where shopping & dining are.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Your feedback is so valuable to us and every customer looking to stay at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. Thank you for your through review of many of the aspects of the hotel. It makes me smile when you mention the staff always recognizing you as you walk through the lobby. That is our culture here, to have fun and to make sure our guests know how much we appreciate their business. I apologize about the confusion with the parking. I am glad we got it figure out for you, but I will certainly examine this for the future to ensure there is clarity. Please come back and see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 for a convention being held at the Minneapolis Convention Center. About a 10-15 minute walk to the Convention Center, not bad, even during a snowfall. (If you are prepared with overcoat, etc)
However, this hotel is not connected to the enclosed walkway system in downtown Minneapolis.

Hotel was signature Doubletree, no surprises.
Room was clean, everything in working order.

Only problem was with other guests who, with their kids, were screaming, playing, slamming doors, and running up and down the halls at 11:00 pm.
A call to the front desk and they responded. Problem was taken care of immediately.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMan,
We appreciate your feedback! I am sorry about the snow in April. I wish I could say that won’t happen again but I’d better not go out on a limb as I have been unlucky with my weather predictions. I am very sorry about the noise on the floors but am happy we handled it quickly and efficiently. Come back and see us soon now that it is warmer. We truly appreciate your business and will do anything to keep you as a life-long customer at the Doubletree Suites. Thank you for your time.
Clifton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at 9 AM due to an early flight and we were surprised we were able to check in right away. The hotel has a very convenient location right by the Nicollet mall and right next to Brits Pub. It was only about 1/2 mile walk to Target Field were we spent most of our time seeing the Yankees Twins series.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Paul V,
Thanks for choosing the Doubletree Suites while you were in Minneapolis to see the Yankees play the Twins. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We know you have many options to choose from when visiting our great city and thus we are honored you chose to stay with us. We try very hard with every guest to ensure we make a connection, and that you leave knowing that we did everything in our power to create a great stay for you. Enjoy your summer!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I enjoyed my experience. Service was stellar. Rooms were spacious. Food was filling. A great value for everything that I received. And I am a HHonors member. I am very picky about my hotels. This is one I would revisit again.

I went to a convention and had a lot of boxes shipped to the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. At night was quite safe. The hotel has room key access only and has a security guard.

Definitely a great deal. Clean. Quick. Convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is awesome to hear that you got the experience our unique style of hospitality. We truly want every guest to leave happy, well rested, and with an impression that will last for all the right reasons. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, and we can’t wait to see you again! Have a great summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to tell you something. My experience at this hotel in December could have been the sequel to the "Bates Motel.". Everything you could imagine that could go wrong, did. But, it wasn't just the hotels fault but I too needed to take some of the blame. After talking with the General Manager over a period of several days, I was offered a comp room on my next stay. I took him up on the offer and returned. The experience I had the 2nd time was phoenomial! I was treated wonderfully and with respect and dignity. The suite was great, the food fantastic and the service was excellent. If one has a bad experience, talk it out with a manager in a respectful way. I did and I will return again and again. Thank you, Dustin and Staff and please, no more snow storms!

• Stayed April 2013
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Joe P,

I remember you quite well sir! There is no better feeling for myself and my staff to know that you finally saw the genuine hospitality that the Doubletree Suites can provide. The fact that you came back to us and gave us another chance means the world to me. I am so glad that you got to experience a great stay. I apologize for our errors in the past but am certainly glad that we learned from them. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It will go a long way in keeping spirits high!
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Disappointed at one of my favorite brands. You would think if the largest US hospitality conference is in your city you would step up and make sure the rooms were clean and the property was staffed accordingly. One person at the registration desk to check in a long line of guests, there actually was another staff member at the desk, however he declined to assist. My room was OK, however the bathroom smelled better after I used it than before......I will not return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is very disheartening to hear your comments regarding your stay but I certainly appreciate your feedback. You are absolutely right with your comments about getting your room cleaned proficiently and in a timely manner, and about having more than one person to check you in. This is sincerely not typical of our hotel so I am so sorry you had to experience these hardships. The gentleman that you suggested that declined to help check you in was our shuttle driver. He is not trained to check people in but decided to help answer phones at the desk during the busy time. We usually have a great arrival experience and hope you give us another chance to show you this in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here last week June 19th and 20th. I was surprised that my room was not cleaned very well, SUPER dusty, mirrors were smeared and my tub had used soap in it, I went to the hall and saw a maid, who was busy, then I ran into a nice gentleman named Junior who came in and took care of all my requests with a smile. That next morning I heard the maids talking about cleaning 20 rooms, I find that to be too much and may have explained why the job was done at 50%. If Junior had not helped me, I may have switched hotels, not sure if I will stay again. I am only giving service a very good rate due to Junior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am very sorry that your room was not perfectly clean when you checked in. There is no excuse for some of the items that you told us about. Our housekeeping usually does an amazing job with all the details of the room so it is very disheartening to hear your comments. However, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share them with me, and for giving Junior accolades as he is very genuine and does a fantastic job with our guests and takes pride in what he does. Please don't let this incident deter you from giving us another chance. I can personally attest to the great job we do with cleaning the rooms, and I hope we have the opportunity to prove this to you the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your feedback and I will pass your thanks along to Junior.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!