“DoubleTree Suites provides Double the Space” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #21 of 48 hotels in Minneapolis
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“DoubleTree Suites provides Double the Space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I enjoyed my experience. Service was stellar. Rooms were spacious. Food was filling. A great value for everything that I received. And I am a HHonors member. I am very picky about my hotels. This is one I would revisit again.

I went to a convention and had a lot of boxes shipped to the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. At night was quite safe. The hotel has room key access only and has a security guard.

Definitely a great deal. Clean. Quick. Convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is awesome to hear that you got the experience our unique style of hospitality. We truly want every guest to leave happy, well rested, and with an impression that will last for all the right reasons. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, and we can’t wait to see you again! Have a great summer!

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to tell you something. My experience at this hotel in December could have been the sequel to the "Bates Motel.". Everything you could imagine that could go wrong, did. But, it wasn't just the hotels fault but I too needed to take some of the blame. After talking with the General Manager over a period of several days, I was offered a comp room on my next stay. I took him up on the offer and returned. The experience I had the 2nd time was phoenomial! I was treated wonderfully and with respect and dignity. The suite was great, the food fantastic and the service was excellent. If one has a bad experience, talk it out with a manager in a respectful way. I did and I will return again and again. Thank you, Dustin and Staff and please, no more snow storms!

• Stayed April 2013
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Joe P,

I remember you quite well sir! There is no better feeling for myself and my staff to know that you finally saw the genuine hospitality that the Doubletree Suites can provide. The fact that you came back to us and gave us another chance means the world to me. I am so glad that you got to experience a great stay. I apologize for our errors in the past but am certainly glad that we learned from them. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It will go a long way in keeping spirits high!
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Disappointed at one of my favorite brands. You would think if the largest US hospitality conference is in your city you would step up and make sure the rooms were clean and the property was staffed accordingly. One person at the registration desk to check in a long line of guests, there actually was another staff member at the desk, however he declined to assist. My room was OK, however the bathroom smelled better after I used it than before......I will not return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is very disheartening to hear your comments regarding your stay but I certainly appreciate your feedback. You are absolutely right with your comments about getting your room cleaned proficiently and in a timely manner, and about having more than one person to check you in. This is sincerely not typical of our hotel so I am so sorry you had to experience these hardships. The gentleman that you suggested that declined to help check you in was our shuttle driver. He is not trained to check people in but decided to help answer phones at the desk during the busy time. We usually have a great arrival experience and hope you give us another chance to show you this in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here last week June 19th and 20th. I was surprised that my room was not cleaned very well, SUPER dusty, mirrors were smeared and my tub had used soap in it, I went to the hall and saw a maid, who was busy, then I ran into a nice gentleman named Junior who came in and took care of all my requests with a smile. That next morning I heard the maids talking about cleaning 20 rooms, I find that to be too much and may have explained why the job was done at 50%. If Junior had not helped me, I may have switched hotels, not sure if I will stay again. I am only giving service a very good rate due to Junior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am very sorry that your room was not perfectly clean when you checked in. There is no excuse for some of the items that you told us about. Our housekeeping usually does an amazing job with all the details of the room so it is very disheartening to hear your comments. However, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share them with me, and for giving Junior accolades as he is very genuine and does a fantastic job with our guests and takes pride in what he does. Please don't let this incident deter you from giving us another chance. I can personally attest to the great job we do with cleaning the rooms, and I hope we have the opportunity to prove this to you the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your feedback and I will pass your thanks along to Junior.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

How to start well the parking situation needs a little work as their parking garage was full up we had to park across the street in a "over fill" lot which seemed to be owned by someone else. we were met by the hotels security guard who gave us a parking permit and had to let us into the lot. at which time we were told we would have to go back into the hotel and get him if we so desired to leave the lot and reenter later. thank goodness we decided to just stay in because what a pain that would have been. also I found out in the morning that there was a parking fee which i thought was kind of a sham but that was the worst of it to be honest. the gentleman working the front desk was kind and very fast at checking us in. our room was a king sized bedroom, the furniture had a modern art vibe and it was all quite comfortable. The bed was one of the softest I have ever slept in. All in all I would stay there again but beware of the pain of parking there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am very sorry you had to park in our adjacent lot. I apologize as well that you were given bad information. 95% of the time, our lot attached to the hotel has plenty of parking spots available for our customers. Rarely, we have a security guard or representative outside to assist guests to our adjacent lot. We do have to help you get in to the lot, but once you are in, you can exit without assistance. The gate crossbar automatically comes up when exiting the lot, thus you only need our help entering the lot. I realize the frustration this must have caused you. Please contact me personally in the future if you would like to stay with us again so I can make this up to you.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel once before and loved it. For my many stays in Minneapolis I was disappointed to not find it available at the govenrment rate. This trip I was so glad to find it available I booked it immediately and never thought of the other good hotels I stayed in while in Minneapolis. This stay has changed my mind.

The breakfast is a joke. The food is not well prepared, boring and seriously overpriced for quality. I would not have eaten it had it not come with my room. When I received my bill I found it had not been included. Apparently, at check in the gentleman never mentioned it and for some reason assumed I would rather have extra points. Now that I have had their breakfast I should have chosen the extra points.

The rooms are clean and large. The service is good. I got back to my room once after work to find my room had not been cleaned and while in my room the cleaning person tried to enter. I had to leave so he could clean. Not great, but not horrible, either.

I noticed a lot of traffic noise the entire stay, mostly after work, but some morning before work as well. My last morning I found one of my windows was open. That is likely why there was noise in my room, but why was my window open. I think I like that I can open the window. They only open a few inches, but shouldn't someone close it if a previous guest leaves one open?

Another perk to being a having gold status with Hilton is two free bottles of water. Other hotels put these in my room my first day. This one I had to ask at the desk and while provided them there was no apology or anything. I have never had to ask before. They are either offered at check in (unusual) or placed in my room before I arrive or the day I arrive. It seems petty, but details matter.

The location is also great, but I think I will try to stay elsewhere next time. I have choices and this no longer makes the top of my list. I am afraid they have lost sight of some details that are important to me. There are two Hilton properties as closer or closer to where I work while in Minneapolis. One I know has a fabulous breakfast. The other I have not stayed in, but will give it a try if available next time I am in town.

Room Tip: I like the rooms at the end of the hall. They have more street noise, but less hallway noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is certainly humbling to receive your review. I want to first say thank you for being a valued Gold HHonors member with Hilton. I realize you have other choices when you travel to Minneapolis, and I sincerely realize how many hotels you have visited throughout the years. You know what great service and accommodations look like, and thus your opinion is invaluable to me. You are absolutely correct that the details matter. Petty is not a word that I use when I am running my business. Nothing is petty and the little things mean everything. I hope we have one more opportunity to make this up to you. Our restaurant is quaint, thus we don’t have too many cooks that work for us. I have worked closely with each one, and I promise you if you come back for another stay, we will make you whatever you would like on or off the menu, and I have the utmost faith you won’t be disappointed. However, I will look closely in to the buffet to see what we can do to make things better. Nonetheless, we appreciate the times we have been able to serve you, and want you to be happy with or without us. I have confidence that we can make your next stay much better though.
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ten friends stayed at the Doubletree Suites in early June. We reserved 4 rooms. The suites included 2 full-sized beds and a sleeper sofa, so 3 of us stayed in 2 of the rooms, with no problem.
The suites have a nice, warm feel and are decorated nicely. Very quiet rooms!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Connie D,
You are going to have to bring 20 friends next time to “one up” your last visit with us! It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your trip to Minneapolis. We are grateful that you allowed us the opportunity to serve you, and we hope to have the opportunity many more times in the future. Our goal is to make each stay better than the previous. Have a great summer!

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!