“Lovely city, lovely hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $89
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
New York City, New York
“Lovely city, lovely hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The first time I visited this hotel 2 years ago it was under renovations. However, I still enjoyed my time here. Now with the renovations complete, this hotel is just fantastic! The front desk is very friendly and helpful, and the lobby is gorgeous. The rooms are spacious, clean and updated. I love that there is a Starbucks right next door, and the hotel restaurant offers excellent happy hour deals. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and vending machines if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for deciding to come back and stay with us again. Thanks for your kind comments regarding the front desk and the décor of the lobby and the rooms. The front desk is getting a lot of compliments these days. They are working hard and having fun, so I am glad that it shows to our valued guests. There is so much more that we have planned in the coming months to spruce up our product even more. I hope you come back and see us soon. It feels like Spring finally!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

To put into perspective, had to stay here because Hyatt sold out of rooms for convention. Stain on bedskirt, but overall room was clean. I may be picky, but what's up with the small round toilets? Would have liked a cheaper breakfast alternative. Nice selection of hard and soft pillows.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I am sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay. We truly strive for every aspect of our guest’s stay to be memorable for all the right reasons, and it is humbling and disheartening to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Our housekeeping is usually spot on, and our accommodations and service second to none. I appreciate you letting us know what we can do better with. I certainly hope you choose us again next time, so we can show you all the improvements that we are making. Thanks.
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Lovely interiors, beautiful lobby, GREAT breakfast. Housekeeping was a little slow, and it took 3 tries to get them to fix the flickering light in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Did not like the 'Pure Room' air filtration system though. Always smelled weird upon initial entry into the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. Thank you for all the nice comments about your stay. The staff and I take our guest’s experiences very seriously, as you are the reason we have a job, but more importantly, have a passion. I am sorry you thought the PURE rooms smelled funny. I have extensive training on these rooms and while it is hard to get used to the smell sometimes, the rooms offers 8 times the regular air purity quality of a regular room, and 10 times the purity of a common place such as the lobby. Your sleep will ultimately benefit from using this room. I would love to tell you more about the details if you would like. Thanks again for being our guests, and I can’t wait to service you again. Thanks.
Portage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because it had a pkg with mall of America. We had a great time and the employees were great. We got a worm cookie when we arrived and left. And when they said they were going to bring the item to our room they delivered on time and if the were late they called and said they were going to be late. I would recommend this hotel to other for sure we had a great time and can't wait to try another of their hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
It is so rewarding to hear that we did our job in creating a fantastic experience for you and your family. We take a lot of pride in being down to earth and genuine ambassadors of hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed the Mall package and our cookies. Come back and see us soon. Summer is right around the corner!
turlock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We came to have orientation at a downtown law school and it was within walking distance of all the school, shopping and the Twins ballpark. The staff were friendly, the room service was great. Only the weather was the downfall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I will be very glad when the weather is not a negative factor anymore. We are supposed to have a 70 degree day this weekend so maybe spring is here? Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that our staff and our hotel met and exceeded all of your expectations. We are working hard every day to improve our hotel and make things even better for the next stay. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again in the future. Contact us if you need anything at all.
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The suite was spacious and very clean. The service was good, but could be better and in some cases more prompt. The restaurant downstairs is convenient, especially for breakfast. However, the buffet breakfast could be better for a hotel of such a caliber.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to give the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis a review. You have given plenty of reviews along your journey and we are happy to be a part of your portfolio. I wish everything would have been perfect for your stay, and I know we are capable of better. I realize you know what excellent service is, so I hope you come back to the hotel so we can prove to you we have what it takes to be the best hotel in Minneapolis.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and never have been let down. The staff is very friendly, the
location is perfect for us and we sleep so good! We won't hesitate booking there again. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so can not help you out there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
It is a pleasure to have you time and again as our loyal guests. It is great to see that you are a senior contributor with Trip Advisor as well. The time you spend giving you reviews helps so many people and I am sure they are as grateful as we are. Please contact me the next time you stay with us. I would love to meet you and thank you personally for your business. We love having you as part of our family and look forward to future endeavors. While I realize there are many options for dining in Minneapolis, I would love to show you our new menu in Lot 57, our restaurant. I hope I have the chance. Thanks again for your review, your business, and your time.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!