“downtown accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
turlock, United States
“downtown accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We came to have orientation at a downtown law school and it was within walking distance of all the school, shopping and the Twins ballpark. The staff were friendly, the room service was great. Only the weather was the downfall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I will be very glad when the weather is not a negative factor anymore. We are supposed to have a 70 degree day this weekend so maybe spring is here? Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that our staff and our hotel met and exceeded all of your expectations. We are working hard every day to improve our hotel and make things even better for the next stay. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again in the future. Contact us if you need anything at all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The suite was spacious and very clean. The service was good, but could be better and in some cases more prompt. The restaurant downstairs is convenient, especially for breakfast. However, the buffet breakfast could be better for a hotel of such a caliber.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis a review. You have given plenty of reviews along your journey and we are happy to be a part of your portfolio. I wish everything would have been perfect for your stay, and I know we are capable of better. I realize you know what excellent service is, so I hope you come back to the hotel so we can prove to you we have what it takes to be the best hotel in Minneapolis.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and never have been let down. The staff is very friendly, the
location is perfect for us and we sleep so good! We won't hesitate booking there again. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so can not help you out there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
It is a pleasure to have you time and again as our loyal guests. It is great to see that you are a senior contributor with Trip Advisor as well. The time you spend giving you reviews helps so many people and I am sure they are as grateful as we are. Please contact me the next time you stay with us. I would love to meet you and thank you personally for your business. We love having you as part of our family and look forward to future endeavors. While I realize there are many options for dining in Minneapolis, I would love to show you our new menu in Lot 57, our restaurant. I hope I have the chance. Thanks again for your review, your business, and your time.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive when I first booked this hotel because in comparison to the prices of other hotels, they were very reasonable. After staying at the Double Tree, I realized this is by far the best deal in Minneapolis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am so glad you chose the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis, and that the value of our service and product spoke for itself. You deserve a deal that provides you with a great price but a great experience as well. Thank you for giving us a chance. Please come back and see us soon. We have a warm chocolate and walnut cookie waiting for you. Thanks!
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night, in a King suite. The bed was comfortable and having a refrigerator was really nice. Great customer service with everyone we encountered. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you and your husband had a great time and got to relax and enjoy yourselves for the weekend. We know you many choices when visiting downtown Minneapolis, so we are honored that you chose the Doubletree Suites and hope you choose us next time as well. Your business means the world to us and we thank you for your review.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff was all very friendly and the lobby was great. The rooms were very warm, which the staff warned us about at check in and advised we crack the windows and turn thermostat way down. We did all of that but it stayed warm for the 2 nights we were there. The rooms are a bit on the dated side but this is also an older building downtown Minneapolis. Yes I would stay here again for the price I cannot complain. The breakfast was expensive and not very good, but I didn't have to pay for it due to our friend who is a HH member and had free passes. I would have been very disappointed if I had to pay out of pocket for that. Parking is a bit scary (limited) unless you get there at a decent time to get a prime spot. Over all this was an OK stay, the rooms were clean and the staff was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you felt our rooms were clean and our staff was nice. That is certainly part of the experience but obviously we didn’t exceed your expectations in some areas. I apologize that you stayed too warm for your entire stay. We should have communicated better with you on how you could receive the perfect temperature in your room. I am sorry that this wasn’t communicated better for you. We are looking in to lowering the price of breakfast to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied with our value. We offer a few items that aren’t offered by hotels in town, but we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for all of your thoughts. We need to get this type of feedback to continue to improve and make things perfect for the future. I hope we see you back at the hotel in the future.
Minneapolis MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel so many times its shameful that I have not reviewed this property.

This is my go to hotel. Great rates, great staff, huge rooms, great cookies (hey they are!) attached parking, and a pretty descent location.

Full disclosure - I stay here on weekends when we are planning on going out and enjoying Minneapolis's great nightlife.

First things first - the staff here is fabulous and understand that people are downtown on weekends not for business but to enjoy themselves. Respect everyone else in the building and you will have absolutely no problems.

The location isn't right next to the main bars, clubs and shows but you can walk pretty much anywhere if you really want to otherwise its a $5 cab ride from anything you might be doing.

The rooms are all suites and quite big ones at that with a sitting area and either a king or two double beds. The hotel is well kept and is in great shape. Rooms and common areas are always kept clean.

The room service here is killer and have lots of great things to choose from. Most of the time you can get a little bit later check out with almost no problem and normal check out is 11(?).

All around a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
There is no shame in giving us a great a review! Better late than never. I know your time is valuable, so thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our hotel and our staff. More importantly, thank you for continuing to stay with us time and again. All the staff is truly in the business to make connections with our guests that will build loyalty and create moments that will last forever. We can’t wait until you visit us again. And normal check out time isn’t until noon, so next time sleep a little longer and enjoy yourself for another hour! See you soon!

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!