“Wonderful staff at the Doubletree!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x HHonors Points
Ranked #21 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Sioux Falls, SD
“Wonderful staff at the Doubletree!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have stayed at many Downtown Minneapolis properties, the staff at the Doubletree makes the difference. Megan at the front desk is very professional and knowledgeable. The servers in the restaurant were friendly and helpful. The parking was adjacent to the hotel and very convenient. The location was great. We enjoyed Brits Pub right around the corner and were across the street from our UST Law School which we were touring. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff, especially Megan, and our hotel. It is so rewarding to have Megan’s unique and sincere style of hospitality recognized by others. She works so hard for our guests and for her fellow employees. All of our staff is working hard to bring our guest’s the freshest most exciting style of hospitality yet. I appreciate your review, and look forward to having you as our guests many more times in the future. It was a pleasure!

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
WINNIPEG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour to attend theatre in Minneapolis. We were more than pleased with the accommodation. The staff is wonderful! The location was excellent right off the Nicollet Mall and near good restaurants. Happy Hour value is fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We had a fantastic time hosting your group a few weekends ago. I hoped you enjoyed all the shows you came to see, and got to experience a little bit of Minneapolis while you were here. Thank you for you great rating, and your kind words about our staff and accommodations. We sincerely appreciate your recognition of how hard we are striving for our customers. Guests like you are what makes it all worthwhile. I am glad you enjoyed our Happy Hour. It is really starting to take off, and we are certainly trying to make the value the best in town so people continue to join us. We hope to see you next time you are in town, and thanks again for your time.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

For a hotel right in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, this place had everything for a decent price. The hotel was SPOTLESS. I haven't stayed in a hotel as clean in a very long time. The suites were enormous--almost as big as my own apartment--and totally clean. There was a large fridge (also spotless), microwave, counter space, and a beautiful bathroom. The maids were very organized and on top of which rooms needed to be cleaned. There was coin laundry available, a Starbucks inside the lobby (a real Starbucks--not just coffee), good WiFi signal, and the train to the Mall of America is a few blocks away. The staff was incredibly sweet. Every time I walked into the hotel they greeted me; and when our group arrived, they had extra staff on hand to make sure we were all quickly taken care of (that never happens). I hope we stay here again!

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionists because they are incredibly accommodating.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
It is so uplifting and rewarding to get a review such as yours. Thank you so much for noticing the little things we do to try to make out guest’s experiences memorable and enjoyable. It was an honor to have your group in our hotel, and a pleasure to have you stay with us as well. Our housekeeping works hard to ensure we have one of the cleanest hotels in town. They have a very hard job but are proud of their accomplishments. I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for recognizing the staff. We can’t wait to have you back at the hotel, and please contact me personally if you ever need anything.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

No accommodations. bad parking. If I'm paying over 120$ I'd at least like a working toilet and working sliding closet doors. Also paying for parking I expect to have a parking spot. Also you have to pay for wi-fi and kids channels like Disney.

• Stayed February 2013
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not think our hotel was worth the price you paid. We have multiple parking lots, so I apologize if the signs didn’t accurately point you in the right direction. I understand how frustrating it must be not to know where our other lot was. I am not sure what the problem was with your toilet, but please let us know next time so we can fix it for you right away. Upon some research, the closet door in your room did stick a little. We fixed the problem right away, and are also getting all new closet doors installed in our hotel by September of this year. I know this doesn’t take back the fact that you had to endure some hardships. I hope you contact me next time you are in town so I can make this up to you. We sincerely want all of our guests to become part of our family, and stay with us every time they come to Minneapolis. I hope we will have the opportunity to show you the type of service and accommodations that many people enjoy.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable and very good location. 50 yards from Brit's Pub - too bad I stayed in the winter and the lawn bowling wasn't available. But there was plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance. Even at 5 below zero. Parking was very convienient. If you need a cab Nicollet Ave (buses and cabs only) is 1/2 a block away. The bed was very comfortable. Even the pullout couch was good. Make sure to let the staff know if you are going to use it so they can put sheets and blankets on it. The warm cookie on check-in was really good!

Room Tip: If you are going to use the pullout couch let the staff know so they can put sheets and blankets on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give our hotel a positive review. I apologize about the cold weather. It seems to be a trend this time of year, but I can’t wait until lawn bowling starts back up as well. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon. Spring is right around the corner!
Ft Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Parking ramp is very tight. Staff helped park 15 passenger van across the street. On my next stay I will park in the street and ask to be parked in that lot. Rooms were clean staff was very helpful.
It would be nicer if connected to the sky walk. It was a brisk refreshing walk to get in @ 5 deg.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We sincerely appreciate you deciding to stay at the Doubletree Suites while you were in Minnesota. I apologize that you had slight noise from the road outside. I certainly hope that this did not deter you from getting a good night’s rest. The next time you visit us, as you said in your review, give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you with parking, so you don’t take more time out of your day than you have to know. We know your time is valuable. We will continue to strive to ensure we work on all the details. Come back and visit us soon, and I promise it will be warmer. .
Southgate, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for the State dance competition 2/15-2/17/13. Our room was on the 12th floor in an executive suite. The room was absolutely wonderful. I loved having a living room and bedroom to choose from. The hotel itself was wonderful. The elevator was very fast and got you into the lobby very quickly. My only complaint was the parking situation. We had a hard time finding a space. Even though 19 dollars is the cheapest hotel parking around, it was still high for such a cramped space. We walked around Minneapolis a lot since we didn't want to lose our spot. Other than the parking, the staff was more than accommodating. We ate at the restaurant inside the hotel and it was wonderful. The staff was very nice and on top everything. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are honored that you decided to choose the Doubletree Suites for your hospitality needs when you were in Minneapolis for the Dance competition. I hope the competition went excellent and the weekend wasn’t too long and hectic for you. Thanks for all the accolades regarding the staff and the hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious, but they would not being enough without the determination and wonderful attitudes from all of my staff members. We are happy to serve guests like you, and had lots of fun hosting your group. Please come back and see soon.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!