“Consistent services and quality” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Tokyo, Japan
“Consistent services and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Interior Decor: Delicately rich and luxurious - excellent.
Exterior appearance: Relatively small hotel (still very attractive) on the southwesttern side of downtown Minneapolis.
Outside view from the room I stayed: Relatively average with bland buildings.
Room size: Approximately 75 square meters. Very luxurious.
Price value: Reasonable for what I paid and what I got.
Service: Excellent. Complementary mineral water, chocolate chip cookie and breakfast. Friendly staff lent me a packing tape to box my luggage to be sent separately via mail.
Bed: Medium - King. Got comfortable sleep. Excellent noise insulation.

Room Tip: Try apartment suite for extra comfort
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
It was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for rating out hotel and amenities at the top level. It motivates all of my staff to hear that a guest thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of their stay, and we thrive at the opportunity to continue to show our true abilities. It was great to see that you took pictures of the hotel and of your food in our restaurant. We want to be able to show others that we take pride in what we do, and though we aren’t perfect yet, we continue to stay determined to make each guest’s stay better than the next. Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Minneapolis. Best wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Only stopped for the one night, but hotel room very nice and spacious. Loved the bath towels. Underground parking a little scary at night, but most of those are. Only had interaction with the desk clerk when checking in, and security when called about another room's late night arguing that carried on into the hall. Was handled by staff in a fairly swift manner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis! I know you only stayed for one night, but we appreciate the business and hope you come back and stay with us for a few more nights next time. I apologize about the arguing in the hallway. I certainly understand how frustrating that can be when you are getting ready for bed, but our security guard has been with the hotel for over 6 years and tries to handle every situation with utmost professionalism and timeliness. I appreciate your understanding, and am so happy that for the most part your stay was enjoyable. Thanks for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is located in downtown Minneapolis, near everything! (including the new Lunds grocery store which is awesome as the suite has a fridge and a microwave). Easy access to all of downtown on foot, as well as Loring Park and the Walker Art Center. Suites are clean and big. Perfect for a stay of a few days. The staff were all great and there is a Starbucks attached. A really good value. The only complaint: We couldn't get the room as cold as we like it for sleeping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year! We are so happy you decided to be our guest at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis and thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to you rekindling with you on your next trip to Minneapolis. I apologize about the heat, but we will remedy the problem quickly so your next stay will be flawless. I wish you the best in 2013, and thank you again for your business!
Sturgis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

4+ WHEELS in my book! (my rating) I was booked here due to a delayed flight by Delta. In the past (not Delta) I would end op at a two star hotel, at best. Delta went over and above with thus place. It rates as one on the best rooms I stayed in all year. Getting in late and hungry, I stopped in the lobby bar for a night cap and snack. The server was prompt and friendly - 10:30pm!! The crab cake was perfectly prepared and the two sauces were excellent. The room was spacious, stylish and the bed just swallowed me up. The only improvement could be on the Caesar salad. It was a bit light and could use more flavor. Regardless this was a 5 star stay in my book!

• Stayed December 2012
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your response! I am so sorry that you missed your flight, but I am glad that you "landed" at our hotel, and that you found the staff, the service, and the accommodations more than satisfactory! That is what we strive to do, and it makes all the difference when we hear comments like this one. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we will definitely try to improve on the quality of the Caesar salad, Come back and see us soon, and Happy Holidays!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Do not, I repeat, Do not use a debit card for your stay. Nothing but headaches from the moment I checked in. The biggest problem is the front desk won't listen to the guest. I had two rooms for one night. They authorised for 3 tieing up funds I could have used for shopping. Then, the frosting on the cake...I got stranded on the Sunday because of a snow storm. I talked to the GM, Dustin, who said he would honor my Saturday rate...WRONG! They wanted to charge me $395 with tax. So all day they tried charging my card maxing out my funds for use. My bank says it will be 10 to 14 days before they can release these funds. I talked to their accounting people Monday. The funds are still tied up. Oh well! The chocolate chip cookie was tasty. No communication! Thank you, Doubletree Minneapolis Downtown!

• Stayed December 2012
I certainly wish you would have communicated your struggles with me before you left the hotel so I could have helped you. You were happy that we got you a room during the snow storm, I spoke with you during the check in process and you were in good spirits, and that was the last I heard from you. The hotel has never implemented or tried to receive a $395 rate from any guest, so I am sorry but I just don't know where you got that information from. You received the same rate on the 2nd night as you received on the 1st nights, as we agreed upon. We sincerely did not try charging your debit card all day long, and if there are still funds held up by the bank then I would be happy to assist you in getting them reversed. We don't show we are holding any funds from you in our system, but if your bank is telling you otherwise, you could have contacted me and I would have been happy to get the reversed for you. I would be frustrated as well if I didn't have money to shop because of a mistake made by someone else, but I wasn't aware of the prolonged problem until I read this review. Nonetheless, I am sorry and will do whatever I can to help you moving forward.
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is more than adequate, clean rooms and good location, but the restaurant for breakfast was expensive, service was slow and food was not very good. I suggest you walk down the street to Hell's kitchen for breakfast instead. Even the Target snack bar would be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Jim C,

Thank you so much for your review. The restaurant has been on a streak of positive comments lately from our in house guests, so it is humbling and dispiriting to hear that you had less than perfect service. I am confident that the restaurant will be exceeding our guest’s expectations soon, but am very sorry that you had to go to a different restaurant to fulfill your appetite. Please come back and visit us again, and breakfast will be on me. Thank you for your time, and Happy Holidays!
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend on a girls trip. Loved the location and it was very nice to be within walking distance of the bars and restaurants downtown. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. Comfortable beds but it would have been nice with two queens instead of doubles.

Would have been nice if they had parking included and free wifi in the rooms. Would have appreciated more towels, we were calling downstairs everyday (there were 4 of us) as well as more coffee.

The service at the hotel was excellent, but it was very poor at the restaurant. Took forever for us to pay our bill. No one came back to our table. Same thing at breakfast and it took 45 minutes to get our breakfast food.

Overall the value was good for the location and clean and comfortable rooms. The price was very good too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I hope you enjoyed your girl's trip weekend. There is no excuse for the service you received in our restaurant and for some of the other errors you occurred. I hope it didn't take away from the weekend with your girls. I am glad that you decided to stay with us, and that other aspects of your stay were satisfactory. The hotel continues to improve, to ensure we learn from our mistakes and remedy our errors. We want you to continue to be a part of our family in the future, and will do anything we can to continue to have you as our guest in the future. Please let me know if you need anything in the future, and I will be happy to help you. Thank you and enjoy the holidays.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!