“Great downtown location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Plano, Texas, United States
“Great downtown location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiancee and I came in town for the Twin Cities Marathon two weeks ago. Perfect downtown location. Check-in was smooth, minus no cookies available at that time.

It was within walking distance to quite a few things downtown, including the Target HQ across the street, and plenty of bars and restaurants. Also a short 8 block walk to the start of the marathon, which was our most important concern.

In terms of the hotel - our room was spotless. Free bottled water and unlimited cookies available at the front desk. Room service did a great job during our two night stay. Staff, decked out in Vikings gear on Sunday, were friendly and helpful.

Great stay overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dustin P, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Melvin,

It has been a pleasure communicating with you over emails the past few weeks. I hope you and your fiancée enjoyed the race and will be in town for the next marathon. Thank you for your kind comments, and for you choosing the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. We genuinely care for each and every customer that walks through our doors, and pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests. Take care, and we hope to see you soon.

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Issues with cleanliness, ants in the bathroom by the dozens and a complete failure of the hotel to take care of the problem. Manager had nothing to say other than she was sorry they had forgotten to spray for the ants after I reported them the first day. Constant high pitched noise from mechanical issue somewhere - they had no idea. Avoid this place - there are plenty of other nice hotels in Minneapolis at a similar rate including other Hilton properties.

Room Tip: I had the ants on the 12th (top) floor which was their premium floor. Good luck
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Siedl,

We have already talked extensively regarding the unfortunate circumstances surrounding your last stay at our hotel. I feel horrible that you had so many obstacles to endure during your short stay. I understand your frustration but want you to know that we have corrected all the errors you endured immediately and they will not happen again. I hope you reach out to me in the future, as I humbly want to make things right for you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here on business recently. There were some positives and some negatives. First the positives - great location, easy to walk to most locations in town. Also, it is connected to a Starbucks, which is a perfect start to the morning. As for the negatives... I ordered food from room service for dinner and it was completely burnt and inedible. I tried to call the front desk to arrange a taxi for the next morning and they never picked up. I tried over a 2-hour period and was not able to get anyone to pick up the phone. Finally, the bathrooms were only mediocre. The towels were dingy and the ceiling had the beginning of some mold. If the other Hilton properties in town were all sold out, I would stay here again. But I hope that isn't the case!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am sincerely sorrowful for the experience you endured while staying at the Doubletree Suites when you were in Minnesota. This type of experience is not typical of our hotel, so I am truly sorry that you had to endure these hardships. From burnt food, dingy towels, and long waits on the phones, these are things that normally never happen in a hotel of our caliber. I assure you I have already talked to all the appropriate managers and staff involved in these errors, to ensure these mistakes never happen again. Thank you for bringing them to my attention, and I hope you decide to stay with us in the future as we eliminate these errors.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on July 4, therefore we were able to park one vehicle on the street overnight without a fee. We had two vehicles with us and my husband did not realize he could park in the street, therefore he paid $17 to park in the small ramp connected to the hotel. I suppose this is the going rate for city dwellers, but I like being able to park free. Nonetheless, we received a great rate through Priceline, so it justified the parking fee.

Since it was a holiday, the restaurant was closed the next morning. The hotel offered coffee, granola bars, snack bars, and a few fruit option for guests as a bonus due to the the closure. We did not upgrade our wifi option, therefore we used our ipads in the lobby in the evening to browse the internet. I guess these city hotels need to find various ways to make money, thus extra charges for basically everything.

The room itself was great - bed was very comfortable. Loved having the living room area with its own television. Bedroom area had its own television too. It would be nice to have a sliding door there though, just to partition off for the night if desired.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis over the 4th of July holiday period. While there were a few comments that you made that we are continuing to focus on and improve for our guests, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and accommodations. We take every ounce of feedback with the utmost concern and resolve. Thank you for being our guest, and I hope you decide to stay with us in the future.
Upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Recently stayed here for a wedding. We had rented a car for all the doings and the parking at this hotel is a nightmare. The parking garage has limited slots and very narrow aisles that are two way. It was not a good place to park.

The room was very comfortable. I shared a room with my niece and her son. The beds were comfortable. It was nice to be able to open the window for fresh air. My niece said the coffee maker and/or the coffee choices could be improved on. She ended up going downstairs to the Starbucks.

The elevators too were a problem for me. They were very slow and there is not an elevator just for staff. When checking out, I waited 15 minutes for an elevator to take us down. They were all filled with staff going up or down, with luggage carts or laundry carts or housekeeping carts. I ended up walking down 7 flights of stairs with my luggage.

The price was fair. I did get a better internet price for 3 nights than the wedding price. That did surprise me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Susan L,

Thank you for joining us in Minneapolis from upstate New York. I hope you enjoyed the wedding while you were staying at the Doubletree Suites. We are in the process of changing around some parking spots and rearranging the flow of the garage to improve the egress and entry for our patrons. I truly wish our hotel had a service elevator for our employees. We do our best to limit the amount of inconvenience for our guests during peak times of elevator usage for our employees, but we can always do better. I appreciate your understanding but I apologize you had to wait so long for the elevator. Please join us for your next stay in Minneapolis so we can make your next stay flawless. Thank you.
Denham Springs, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently stayed at the Doubletree while in Minneapolis on business. Our stay was quite comfortable. Our suite was very roomy, and I liked the fact that there was a small living area separate from the bedroom. It felt like we were sitting in a living room while watching TV as opposed to most hotel rooms where the only place to sit is usually just the bed. Rooms had 2 large flat screen TV's, a mini-frig, a coffee pot with Wolfgang Punk coffee, and a microwave. There was also a nice work station. The bed and linens were great with lots of pillows. If you're allergic to down pillows, as I am, then it might be a good idea to bring your own because ours were all down filled. While the bathroom had some of the best towels I've every used in a hotel, it was on the small side and it was difficult for 2 people to get ready in the morning in front of the mirror and sink. Also, the housekeeper left the shower on, I got drenched when I turned the faucet on, and we had a difficult time figuring out how to turn it off. Front desk staff was very efficient and helpful, especially when it came to giving directions. The hotel is conveniently located near the Convention Center, which is about 6 blocks away. There are many nice restaurants and bars nearby as well, and a Starbucks right next door. Since I thought the room service food was very pricey, I appreciated that I had food options elsewhere. There's lots of public transportation in the area if you don't have a car, which isn't a bad idea considering that it's $17 per day charge for parking in the hotel garage. I would recommend the hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and a concise review regarding the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis. Overall, it appears you enjoyed your stay and that makes all of us at the hotel very happy. I am sorry you got drenched in the shower. It is a training topic that we have been working tirelessly with our housekeeping staff on. We continue to improve on our mistakes and strive for excellence every day, and I can't wait to have you as a guest again to show you our accomplishments. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites when you experience Minneapolis.
North Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

When enough niggling details go wrong, a very good suite becomes only average. My alarm clock didn't work (I had to rely on a wake-up call, which I hate). Two TV's in the suite, but only one remote, which I kept mislaying in the other room. Housekeeping had left the bathtub in "shower" mode, so when I turned on the water to wait till it got warm I got cold-sprayed. Room service expenses were, I thought, high (breakfast listing at $18 turned out to cost $28, and as we know you still really do have to add a couple of bucks for the delivery person anyway -- and that delivery person was a young student unfamiliar with smooth delivery of a meal...). So some focus on details is needed. Other than that, the suite was very comfortable and well-located for someone visiting St. Thomas U. Law School.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I hope your visit to St. Thomas University Law School was productive and prosperous. All of the staff here at the Doubletree Suites in Minneapolis is very embarrassed about all the errors that occurred during your stay. You are absolutely right that when the details aren't executed with your accommodations, the stay just becomes average. Our staff never wants any of our guests to have an average experience. We want to surpass your expectations and I am sorry that we failed. Please give us another chance to prove to you that the Doubletree Suites is meticulous about all the details regarding our service, and that we truly care about our guests and want to improve with every interaction. We hope to see you next time you are in town, and thank you for your review.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!