“Good Hotel In A Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Louisiana
“Good Hotel In A Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was attending a seminar in Minneapolis and decided to stay at the Doubletree even though the seminar was being held at a different downtown hotel. The Doubletree rate was less than the seminar hotel and within walking distance. The location is next to Nicollett Mall, which is essentially an open-air pedestrian mall. There are a lot of good restaurants (inexpensive to expensive) along the mall with a number of retail establishments. The hotel has a nice lobby and the staff were attentive. The room was larger than I expected which included a sitting area with a desk, couch, and TV. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The room also had a small refrigerator and soft drinks and water were complimentary. For full disclosure, I am a member of the Hilton Honors program, which includes Doubletree. With a good rate and excellent location, I would stay at the downtown Minneapolis Doubletree again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
mplsmgr, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Louisiana2009,

I would personally like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, and thank you for taking the time to write a guest response. We are always delighted to see that our guests are enjoying their stays with us, and certainly hope that we will see those guests again!

If you have any other questions or comments you would like to contribute, or if you feel there was a team member who needs recognizing, please feel free to contact me at 612-332-6800.

Elizabeth Wittstock | Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business. The hotel is average nothing special. Furniture decor is outdated and could use renovation. Staff was friendly and helpful. I've been a HHonor member for many years and expected more from a DoubleTree brand hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear RVD408,

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis. I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, as that allows us to better understand our guests' experience. I am sad to see that you did not have a satisfactory stay, and would love to hear from you personally regarding these issues.

I understand that you felt our hotel furniture was slightly updated. Was this the furniture in your suite? We actually just underwent a renovation in 2011, so all of our furniture is still rather new. I do understand, however, that wear and tear does affect all aspects of a hotel room, and would like to see if your furniture needs replacing.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know of ways we can improve, we appreciate any and all comments we recieve!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are thinking about staying here for a wedding block or for a bachelor/bachelorette party I STRONGLY DO NOT recommend it. They are in a good spot but the staff/security guard were horrible. Among the many problems our room would not get below 75 degrees it was too hot. The AC units were horrible. The security guard would creep around hitting on our wives when they were in the hallways...and then he would sit outside our rooms waiting for us to make a sound so he could tell us to keep it down. IT WAS MY WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!! 1 night we got a noise complaint because our door would shut to hard and they tried evicting us for that. Sorry your doors 50 years old and weighs 100 lbs. This hotel sucks...Avoid at all costs!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here...this hotel is the worst hotel EVER!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is very dated! Other than a nice new lobby, the rest is old and needs an upgrade. The carpets in the hallways look like they haven't been changed in ten years. Room rate was very expensive for what you get. Decent size rooms, fairly clean however the hotel has very few amentities. The restaurant staff seemed to be non-existent. At breakfast there appeared to be only one waitress. On the other side of things, fantastic bunless burger from the in house restaurant. Definitely a nice bonus that there are free soft drinks in the fridge. Great location, walking distance to everything. And there is a Starbucks in the building. The outside of the building could use an uplift, some flowers or decor of some sort would make a world of difference.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear ForeverMexico,

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, and secondly to thank you for taking the time to write a guest review on our property. We are always looking for ways we can improve, and we appreciate our guests' input.

In regards to your feelings on the hotel decor, I apologize that our hotel's appearance did not appear to meet your standards. We actually just underwent a $7 million dollar renovation in 2011, and have updated all of our hotel interior. Was there something specific that you felt needed to be fixed? I would love to hear back from you regarding this, as I said we are always looking upon ways to improve.

I also see that you had some issues regarding our restaurant staff. I have brought these concerns to the attention of our management team, and work to ensure any further guests do not feel this way.

If you have any other questions or concerns you would like to voice, please feel free to contact me at 612-332-6800. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again despite your concerns, and hopefully we can make it up to you.

Hospitably,

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is where I most prefer to stay when I'm in Minneapolis on business. In general, I despise staying anywhere that charges for parking; however at this hotel it doesn't bother me. Parking in general downtown is at a premium, so for $17/day I'm able to park underground and easily enter/exit the hotel.

Love: that there is a Starbucks attached to the Lobby! That they have a full breakfast on site. Rooms are super comfy
Like: that the rooms are large, updated and the bed is super comfortable
Not a fan: of the housekeeping staff. A lot of the details were missed day after day which is disappointing. No coffee cups/lids, lights randomly left on and towels I left on the floor weren't replaced. Also the cheap Angel Soft tissue is a total miss - it's a pain to get out of the container and it's rough.

Room Tip: Top floors are for Hilton Rewards members.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
mplsmgr, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Erica G,

I would like to thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, and also for taking the time to fill out a guest survey about your stay. We strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction, and I would like to apologize for the housekeeping service you received during your stay. I have brought these comments to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper, and we will work to improve on these issues.

I am pleased that you were very pleased with the rest of your stay, and sincerely hope that we see you again sometime soon! If you have any questions or further comments, please feel free to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This Doubletree is very near the Nicolette Mall area of Minneapolis and, as such, is very convenient for exploring the city. I was there to attend a conference. I had never been to the city before, so I had no deep knowledge of the area. But this was a wonderful place to start! I had a suite on the 12th floor - king-sized bed, large "visiting" area, nice, large bathroom, two televisions. A very clean room which also had a small "kitchen" area that included a refridgerator, microwave, and a two-cup coffee maker. The only complaint would be with the pillows: they provide a mountain of very fluffly pillows when actually all I needed were two firm pillows. But, that's a small complaint.

There are several very nice restaurants nearby (including Masa, Brit's Pub, and the News Room), the headquarters for Target (with a double-decker store attached), and the mall itself (which is, basically, an outdoor mall along several city blocks). Hell's Kitchen is not far away (and is an excellent breakfast spot - at any time of day) and, not to be missed, is the statue for Mary Tyler Moore (on 8th street near the entrance to Macy's). All-in-all, I had a great visit to Minneapolis and you could do a lot worse than a stay at this extremely decent hotel.

Dear Brian W,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, and to thank you for taking the time to write a guest review for us, as they provide us with tools to enhance our guests' experience.

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a positive experience for you, and apologize that the pillows we provided in the room were not up to par. I would recommend trying our foam pillows as opposed to our down pillows, as we put both types in every room.

If you have any questions or further comments, please feel free to let me know. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ulverston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here for a business for one week in July. The front desk check in was painless after along flight. It was nice to find a clean and very spacious room, the bed was comfortable with loads of pillows. The only down side in the room was the small bathroom with no real bathtub to soak in, it was way too small to lay in. I eat from room service once, the food was good and delivered promptly.

The only real downside was the cost and service of the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear parlow,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis, we truly appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a customer review, as we strive daily to find ways in which we can improve the guest experience.

I am pleased to see that it seems the majority of your stay was very pleasant, but would like to offer apologies in regards to your comments on our breakfast service and pricing. If you would like to provide me with further information, please feel free to contact me.

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and thank you again for filling out a guest response.

Elizabeth Wittstock | Revenue Manager

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!