“Perfect Place for Wedding Guests” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $89
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN
“Perfect Place for Wedding Guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was recently married in Downtown Minneapolis. Our primary guest accommodations were at a quaint inn just outside the city that was perfect for our parents and some of the older couples, but we chose the DoubleTree as the option for they young & hip out-of-town guests who wanted to be closer to the Minneapolis night life. We also liked it as an option for the handful of young families, since the rooms offer refrigerators and are suite-style, meaning that the kids and parents can each sleep in a different part of the same room.

While I didn't personally stay in any of the rooms, I took a tour and was impressed with the cleanliness and newness of the suite I saw. I believe the hotel has been renovated recently.

I would highly recommend the DoubleTree to anyone who is hosting an evening in or near Downtown Minneapolis. Working with Mike Obradovich, the Executive Meeting Manager at the DoubleTree Guest Suites, was great; from promptly responding emails to spending time on the phone carefully answering all of my questions, I knew my family and friends would be well taken care of. Mike cheerfully helped me coordinate getting gift bags to guests, and was went above and beyond to check in with me a few weeks ahead of the event to make sure I had enough rooms for all of my guests. I wish every part of wedding planning had been this easy!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed for one night on June 11th 2012.

Easy to find, easy parking (but $17 for 24 hours). Front desk check in was quick and efficient, even gave us 2 hot chocolate chip cookies. Lobby is small but nice. Lobby bar ditto. The room was very clean and we loved it. However I did reserve a King room and when we got to the room it had two double beds. I decided not to mention it, no biggie. The bedding was the best - you didnt want to leave the bed. Very small bathroom, but clean. Poor water pressure. The room has two bottles on wine (labeled $19 if you drink) and one water bottle ($5) on the desk in the front room. It was nice to have a front room with a little seating area, desk, wetbar area, and a 2nd t.v.

Not much interaction with FD staff, so no comments on that, other then quick and easy checkin.

Great location for walking to nice downtown restaurants. I would return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orient, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Weekend get away on the 'any weekend, anywhere' promotion. Paid a whole $69.00 per night for a king bed and, with gold status, free breakfast.

Rooms are very comfortable. Housekeeping very efficient. Front desk staff was very helpful.

Parking is the only negative at this location. It is insufficient for the number of rooms with cars parked in spots they never should have. The ramp became one-way because they put parking spots along the side. It's tight!

It is very convenient to walk to a large number of quality restaurants so you don't have to find parking elsewhere when you want to go out for dinner and drinks.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Pros:
*Nice big rooms--appears to have been remodled within the last few years
*Nice gym with 3 treadmills and other equipment
*Good location downtown with plenty of local eateries within walking distance
*Decent breakfast in the restaurant

Cons:
*Downtown traffic--right next to the Target headquarters. In the evening, get back into downtown and into the parking lot is a pain!
*Very slow service in the restaurant. Had to get my own coffee and juice. Breakfast was very pricey but with HH's it is for free with Diamond status.
*Have to pay for parking downtown.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Location...great. Ambiance..nice. Rooms are spacious, bed comfy. We were in a king suite with an oversized walk in shower, two flat screen tvs. Restaurant...average.starbucks on site. cookie..310 calories and not for people with nut allergies. Nice lobby.free wi fi only in lobby.parking...lot is cramped and hard to maneuver...$17 a night. My only major complaint...the desk clerks are instructed to not answer the phone..this is dangerous and not acceptable! What if there was an emergency!

• Stayed May 2012
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I went solo to this hotel. I choose it for the location. I wanted to see some baseball games a Target Field. I easily and comfortably walked to the games. I ate breakfast at the hotel...off the menu, not the buffet. It was O.K. The fruit dish was skimpy and not much variety. The wait staff was helpful. I,with a friend, wanted to go to the Mall of America. The desk assistant suggested we take the train whose station was a pleasant walk of six or so blocks . We did. He saved us alot of money and time and we had a new experience. All in all, a good hotel. If I was gong to Minn and was to stay downtown, I would return. The location was very good. There were many restaurants/bars nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I blocked off a group of rooms for our family. Mike, DoubleTree's Executive Meeting Manager is as professional as they come. Setting up a block of rooms couldn't have been easier. I gave the number of rooms and the dates to Mike, he set up the room block, created a wedding website for our guests to use for check in, created a Hilton Honors account for us and on top of that, arranged for my wife and I to have an apartment suite at no charge. Mike was quick to answer the phone, lighting quick with an email reply. He always had the right answer, I literally had to do nothing, he did it all. Mike's the man.

The apartment suite was awesome, great views, super clean room, great space, glorious bed. Our family echoed our thoughts in regards to their rooms.

DoubleTree was the perfect hotel for our wedding and I would strongly urge any bride and groom to have Mike and the DoubleTree set up the perfect wedding night stay for them and their guests.

10/10 would be my rating if allowed.

Nice job DoubleTree - truly a top notch hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

Mike O. - There need to be more people like him, so willing to help, so professional, rock star for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!