“Great location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 LaSalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Hayfield
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

To celebrate our anniversary my husband and I decided to go to a nice downtown dining venue and stay at the DoubleTree as it is walking distance to many fabulous places to eat.At check in staff greeted us with friendly smiles, made us feel welcome and to top it off, gave us a warm melt in your mouth cookie! Once in the room it is amazing- spacious, trendy.. After dinner we came back to the hotel and the friendly staff gave us many suggestions on places to go for an after dinner drink. The great location and friendly staff made our anniversary celebration even more special.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Arrived at the hotel shortly after 8AM so they did not have any "welcome cookies" yet. We were promised some for later. Hotel was understaffed and no one would answer the phone when dialing from my room. I had to use my cell phone to reach the front desk. I wanted to order food during normal hours of operation ( 1:00 PM on a Saturday) but the kitchen was not staffed. I was told by the front desk that she would get back to me on the food situation. She never called me back. Was told there was no heating available in the rooms but they did provide a space heater. Nice TVs and nice size room.

• Stayed April 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the DoubleTree last weekend because my work was just a few blocks away. The manager Mike was more then happy to find me a room when I walked in without a reservation. Everything was quick, efficient, and classy. The staff was upbeat and always showed curiosity for how my stay was. Mike personally called my room and asked how I was doing which in my opinion was a nice touch to a great stay. The front desk assistants, (forgot names) were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are huge and it was more then enough room for myself. Room service was fast and delicious. Every need was tended to. I have no complaints about this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone on a budget looking for the best bang for their buck. It is also within walking distance of all the local shops and eateries. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Date of stay: Thu 3/29-Fri 3/30

This was the second time staying at this hotel and plan to stay there again in the future.

Location: right off Nicollet Mall at 11th, across from Target HQ.. very convenient

Room/Suite: 2nd flr; BR separate from "LR" (has a door), split bath (tub & toilet separate from sink/mirror... great if you're traveling with someone else), very quiet, comfortable bed (but terrible pillows). My only complaint was that if you had the drapes open, the window literally looks eye-level at someone's license plate in the parking lot outside. Not very private unless you keep the shades drawn.

Food: Over-priced breakfast buffet ($15).. eggs, mushy shredded potatoes, rubbery pancakes, sausage ... but great service!

As I said, I will be staying here again in the future, but it's more for the convenience/proximity to Target than for the price and space. I stayed in town for the weekend and switched to a cheaper hotel. That said, you get what you pay for, and this was a nicer, more spacious, more modern hotel than the one I switched to for less money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here one year ago, during the completed room/floor renovations. The restaurant/bar area was being redone during this stay. I was pleased to be upgraded to the Honors floor (10th floor) as a Diamond with a rate of $89. The room continues to be nice, sitting areas, bedroom, huge bathroom, 2 large flat panel TV's, outlets and GREAT wifi coverage, etc. I noticed that non-alcohol beverages in the mini-fridge are now free (nice touch). Breakfast was comp'd as elite. A couple minor service blips. Housekeeping was inconsistent (late in the day / seemed quick) and the maintenance solution to a AC/Heater temp setting that ran away one night (woke up to 99 degrees) was to switch off the unit and open the window (really?).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Two Harbors, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great staff, great location. Large, beautiful room. Only Downfall was tiny parking area. Hotels.com offered a great rate as well.

• Stayed January 2012
Rochester, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is such a nice location and very beautiful hotel. My only complaint is the lack of free wireless. We stayed on a quiet night between Christmas and New Years and they were very friendly- extra cookies to boot!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!