This would be a very different review if I had stayed in the room I was originally given--a handicap accessible room on the third floor (306). My three main issues with that room were the shower (open shower with a seat and a hand-held shower head), the door leading to the room next door (ideal for a nurse or aide but very porous when it comes to sound--could hear everything the couple next door was saying) and the layout--the bedroom was closest to the hallway door (instead of the living room)--and the proximity to the elevators with loud conversations in the hallway had me looking forward to a night of broken sleep.
So I called the front desk and asked to be moved--no problem, though the clerk apologetically explained it would still be a room on the third floor.
My second room (305) was great. Here's what I liked:
1. THE BED. Pillow top mattress and down pillows made for a comfy and restful sleep
2. Outlets everywhere
3. A real fan in the bathroom
4. Blackout curtains very effective at blocking the neon lights outside
5. Great desk chair at the desk
6. Bottle of red wine and a corkscrew--I didn't open this but if I had been there with my husband I certainly would have ($19.95 added to room bill)
7. Microwave and fridge--I didn't use these either but made a mental note that if I were ever in town for longer than one night I would.
8. Proximity to Nicollete, where all the lovely people of the world apparently like to spend their time on a perfect August evening.
The lobby is nice (hotel recently renovated, says the clerk) and the bartender at the adjoining bar/restaurant was very agreeable.
I would definitely stay here again, especially if I were here on business for an extended period of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, this all-suite hotel is walking distance to Target Field, Hennepin Theatre District, the Minneapolis Convention Center, Nicollet Mall and Target Center. Large guest suites are 25% larger than most standard hotel rooms and feature the luxurious Suite Dreams beds, in-room safes, spacious living rooms, refrigerators and microwaves. Come lounge, network and cozy up by the fire in the lobby or visit Lot 57, our onsite restaurant and bar serving breakfast and dinner. Grab a cup of coffee in our full-service, onsite Starbucks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis