Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I live in Minneapolis and whenever my parents come to visit, this is where they stay. Last time my Mom came alone, so I stayed with her (like a mini vacation!). First, for the location, it is an unbelievable value. If you stay downtown, a hotel like this will cost you a lot more. This is just outside the city, literally 10 minutes to downtown, so don't worry if you feel you want to be "part of the action". This is definitely close enough.

Amazingly, you get Neutrogena products in the room! Facewash, facial moisturizers, the works. I've stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and haven't received amenities like that! And when you check in, a warm, fresh-baked, DELICIOUS, chocolate chip cookie!

The room was clean and well-maintained and the beds were very comfortable. We ordered dessert for room services one night and even that was great. Absolutely delicious.

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. The only downside I can think of is that the doors to the pool are near the elevators and remain open. The smell of chlorine isn't so great. But that's really the only downside I can come up with. This hotel is a must-stay if visiting the Twin Cities.

• Stayed March 2010
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Dear Doubletree Park Place Guest, Thank you for sharing your review! We are very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us! To hear that you would stay with us again is satisfying as we work hard to keep our guests coming back! We feel that our location in the Twin cities is one of our best assets.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Park Place on your next visit to Minneapolis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Southeast Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

This property was chosen as close to a client I had to visit nearby. I arrived late at night and was quickly checked in. My HHONORS status was recognized.

The room was on the upgraded floor and at the end of the short hall.

First impressions are that this room was small. It was cozy and narrow, actually. My next impression was the sound of the running toilet. I jiggled the handle several times before it stopped running. It did not reoccur. I had heard that the hotel was showing it's age. In some aspects, Yes, and in others, pieces have been replaced / upgraded. I was ok with the experience of the room and its condition after the first impressions. The room and bedding linens were clean. The bathroom was small (had to close the door to step in the tub) but clean and had a new vanity. I did not like the way the closet was inset into the next door rooms wall with folding glass doors. The mirrored doors caught the light from both the hall and bathroom enough to encourage turning them off to not look at the glare when watching TV.

The room was located next to a stairway. At night, all of the smoking floors stench drifted up the stairway, thru the stairway door, and into my room. Each day, the housekeepers vainly doused some scent to kill the smell. I became used to the scent, but did not like it very much, and hated the smokey smell with a passion.

The single hotel restaurant "Dover" was so-so. Continental breakfast was nice, but minimum of choices. The drinks at the bar were overpriced.

The gym was stocked with well used but functional equipment. The treadmill I used jerked the belt at low speeds, indicating it needed some PM.

Nearby restaurants were available, as were sandwhich and coffee shops. A Costco was across the way as well.

Summary - I can live with a small cozy room. This room was small, had annoying lighting, a tiny bathroom, and stank at night by location and airflow design. A non-smoker would despise having stuffy sinuses at night, as I did. For business travellers needing to stay in this area, a Homewood Suites was across the road. Check them out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, April 7, 2010
We appreciate you choosing us as your place to stay during your visit to the Twin Cities. I see from your response while you felt the hotel was okay we did not live up to some of your expectations. I want you to know we take your input serious and will use it to make ourselves stronger for your next visit.
If we can be of future service do not hesitate to give us a call.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

There are a lot of things that didn't meet my expectations about this particular Doubletree location. This is really not an upscale hotel, at the most the hotel deserves 3 stars and is in need of an update. Our first disappointment was that this hotel is not really in Minneapolis, at least not the part of Minneapolis anyone wants to visit, it's basically in the suburbs with nothing around as far as entertainment/amenities. The room itself was fine, nice bed, comfortable but nothing to write home about. A bit dingy when you get past the first impression and start to notice the outdated aspects. This hotel is really designed for business travelers staying on site for a conference, I can't see really what other reason someone would decide to stay at this location. While the conference facilities looked nice the noisy business travelers drinking to all hours in the night at the hotel bar (& then back in their own rooms from the sound of things) were a nuisance to anyone not staying with their group. The hotel staff were definitely more concerned with making the business travelers comfortable and cared for then the rest of the guests.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
MinneapolisParkplace, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
We appreciate you choosing us as your place to stay during your visit to the Twin Cities. I see from your response while you felt the hotel was okay we did not live up to your expectations. We feel that we are located centrally to a majority of the cities offerings and our in house offerings usually meet or exceed everyones expectations. It is our goal to make this happen to each and every guest.
If we can be of future service do not hesitate to give us a call.
NW Burbs of Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I'd go back in a seconf - swimming pool - large room - terrific breakfast - great location naear MoA

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
First, let me give you our thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel. We appreciate you choosing us as your place to stay during your visit to the Twin Cities. I am proud to see that our team took great care of you and made your stay special. It is our goal to make this happen to each and every guest. If we can be of future service do not hesitate to give us a call.

Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

After a long drive, the Doubletree Park Place was a welcome sight. We were very happy with the convenient location of the hotel, the lovely park-like setting, and our well appointed room (especially at the price we paid through Priceline). It was also nice to have the added convenience of a Costco right across the street, and the Mall of America was only about 20 minutes away. As usual, the cookies were great!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, October 1, 2009

Generl manager
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip with my nephew and his partner to the Minnesota Rennaissance Festival Saturday. Afterwards, we stayed at the Doubletree Park Place. It was quite booked as there were two weddings there, and we were exhausted after our drive. I expressed my concern that in the past, we have stayed when there were weddings and couldn't sleep because of parties, etc. Andrew at the front desk said we didn't have to worry. He would put us where we could get a good night's sleep. He upgraded us to the 15th floor. You need to use your key card to get there so nobody who didn't belong would be around. The bed was very comfy; the room was quiet, and I seriously slept better than I do at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only problem was that the coffee maker in the room didn't work so instead, they furnished us with Starbucks coffee which was better anyway! The food in the restaurant was delicious, the little Neutrogena things in the bathroom were niceand I loved the nice robe they furnished. A big thank you to Andrew and whoever the girl was in the morning that my husband talked to. It's a nice hotel but the customer service is definitely what makes it special. Thanks so much!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
First, let me give you our thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel. We appreciate you chossing us as your place to stay during your visit to the festival. i am proud to see that Andy and out team took great care of you and made your stay special. It is our goal to make this happen to every guest. If we can be of future service do not hesitate to give us a call.

Generl manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Visiting family in Twin Cities, this location was perfectly located for me, the driver coming in from Chicago, and relatives I picked up at airport. Once the car was parked for free in lot, the shuttle will take you to locations within 5 miles of hotel so that is also great for visits to the Guthrie Theater and museums or downtown shopping. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the warm cookie welcome is a nice touch. The Neutrogena products in bathroom are great, and the coffee pod system worked for me. Used another hotel later in trip and it did not measure up to the amenities at Doubletree. Did not like the lobby furniture as it was not comfortable - only criticism.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, August 21, 2009
Thank You for staying with us. We do appreciate any and all feedback and we hope to see you agian in the near future.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!