“Hilton Double tree” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, United States
“Hilton Double tree”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel offered little compensation for the headaches they caused their guests. Elevators as well as Key maker were both down so we had to have staff open our room's door everytime we wanted to re enter our room. Considering many of the guest faced the same problems the process was extremely slow and time consuming. I am a Hilton Honors members but you would not know it by the way I was treated. No cookies for guests upon check in. Do not stay here

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lincoln, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a very clean and nice hotel. Very quit room and comfortable bed. Would definitely stay here again. Within walking distance to several eating places and shopping. Even has a new movie theatre across the street. Very nice area of town.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

aufenbg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed for Pride weekend, June 29th, and I had some interesting commentary to share about this hotel. I checked in a little after 2 and to be honest, the front desk and lobby space didn't look very inviting. It was very dark, and all three front desk people were looking down and typing away at their computers and didn't greet us. I'm not saying they were unfriendly by any means, because when it was my turn to check in, the girl who did was very friendly, and gave me a cookie. I like people who give me cookies.

I got a second floor room, and when I found it, I was a little bummed that it was right over the lobby, because I was concerned about noise, but as it turns out, I had nothing to worry about. I got a quiet night for ONCE at a hotel :-) Five stars for that.

I was also a little concerned about the cleanliness, not really of the hotel room, but for the common areas. Housekeepers were leaving room linens out on the hallway tables, which I thought looked dirty. The rooms were very nice. The view was kind of lacking. The coffee maker was really neat, and the way the TV was set up was really cool too.

I did try out the hot tub, and I have to say that the pool area is really nice, with it being open. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool because there were about 20 children in it.

The area around the hotel is kind of ritzy and I didn't know many of the stores, and its not really close to a lot of things that I knew what they were.

The highlight of my stay though was the night manager. My partner wasn't feeling good, and had an acciedent. The night manager was VERY understanding and was SO friendly. Their night manager to me, exemplified hospitality, reassuring me that everything will be okay. Five stars for him too!

All in all it was a four star trip. There were things that could be improved upon, but there were highlights that made it all worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up so you can see outside, or ask for a poolside room.
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The customer service of this hotel is beyond terrible. Front desk people are rude and unprofessional. I had stayed one night as a guest in the hotel and the next morning room service entered my hotel room twice without knocking at 10:00am. I was appalled and very angry and did not understand why room service would do such a thing. I finally checked out of the hotel and the front desk over charged me for my room. Honestly I would NEVER EVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: do not get a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Albany, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived in Minneapolis for a 3-day conference and after a quick ride from the airport we arrived at this DoubleTree to find out they were having AC issues. Being tired from the flight and not knowing the area we decided to stay. What a mistake. Staff gave us a box fan to try to make us comfortable. When we asked for a second fan, it took over an hour and multiple calls to front desk to recive the second fan. Moreover, this problem went on for 48+ hours and fans didn't cut it. There were no appologies, no discounting of the bill, no go have some drinks in the bar on us, no attempt whatsoever of management to compensate us for the discomfort!

Moving on, this hotel's restaurant is basically a bar with a few tables. Menu was basic but sandwichs were good. As far as overall condition of hotel, rooms were decent, but hallway rugs were bunched up and presented a trip hazard in multiple areas.

Part of what you expect with this level of hotel is that if you do encounter a problem, management will step in and resolve it. This hotel's management did absolutely nothing to mitigate a problem which affected all of its patrons for a non-trivial period of time. The Owner and GM need to sit down and figure out what went wrong - and not just with the AC!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Handling a situation in which an act of God decimates the area and the hotel and surrounding cities are without power for an extended period and loss of AC as a result after the fact made for a very trying experience. I completely empathize with your situation. We coordinated an extensive engineering project to get the AC up and running as fast as was possible. I am again sorry that you had a poor experience as a result of the storms.
Cedar Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here for my 5 day business trip and found the service and accommodations to be excellent. Their staff was super friendly and remembered me by name on each shift coming and going between the work day and evenings out. My room was exceptionally clean and I had no issues what so ever to report. I will definitely stay here again. I also ate breakfast in the Dover restaurant there in the hotel and had excellent breakfast each morning that really helped me get the day started right. Kudos to such an exceptional staff!

Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good Location for my business trip, also attended a Twins game and the Hotel provide a shuttle each way. The warm cookies were great as usual. We had drinks and food two evenings in the hotel, good service and food - the fresh walleye that is used for the fish and chips was awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!