“Party and Accommodation Review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Park Place Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Rates from $119!
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Party and Accommodation Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We hosted our son's 15th birthday party by booking two adjoining party rooms, made arrangements for food, a big screen TV and speakers for music. Plus, the pool and jacuzzi were nearby for easy access. In addition we booked two adjoining hotel rooms so some of the kids could spend the night. We also tried out the bar/restaurant and found excellent service there as well.

The hotel was very busy on this Saturday in March but the front desk staff quickly checked us in and answered all of our questions. The warm chocolate chip cookies that you get upon arrival are always a welcome touch. The Banquet Manager was friendly and professional, asking questions along the way and promptly responded to our needs. Our hotel rooms were clean, comfortable and updated.

We did have a few concerns:
1) There's no WiFi at the property which is really inconvenient. We travel quite a bit and it is our expectation of any major hotel chain that it will be equipped with WiFi.
2) I felt that the quality of the food was not equal to the cost. There was plenty of food but it was average at best.
3) It took numerous calls to multiple numbers to track down the correct contacts to book this party. One person handles the food, while another books the rooms and yet another handles AV/audio equipment. Again, all were super friendly and easy to work with but it took quite a bit of coordination on my part to get everything booked. Rather, just one person should handle everything on their end.

Would we book another party? Maybe but I hope they address some of these concerns first. I would definitely spend the night there as it is conveniently located near The West End shops/restaurants and the hotels are a fantastic value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, clean, convenient location. I enjoyed the convenience of the local restaurants and quick access to major freeways to get me where I need to go. Super nice front desk staff with great attitudes. Many good things which made my three days there very nice. Only drawback was the elevators which ran a bit slow, so I really had to double the extra time I had already given myself to ensure I wasn't late for meetings. They have four elevators but I only ever road in two, perhaps the other two were down. Oh well. A movie theatre and good food is within walking distance (although hotel has food which I didn't tried).

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a one night stay in Mid March 2013 and will definitely stay again.

First thing that stood out was the greeting. It was warm, sincere and uplifting after a long day of travel. They acknowledged my Hilton status and took time to point out various amenities and features of the hotel. As the HHonors lounge was closed they offered a complimentary drink in the bar. Nice touch!

My room was well appointed, clean and well maintained. I was also able to pick up wireless internet as I was one floor below the lounge. This was a big plus.

The bed was extra comfy and this may seem like a small thing but the pillows were F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C-! I have a shoulder that is still rehabbing from surgery and the pillows really helped set me up for good night's sleep.

In the morning I did visit the lounge and that was the only part of my stay that fell a bit short. The lounge was just kind of OK and the food area was not well maintained with debris around the hot serving area. It was decorated in a way that was below the standard of the rest of the hotel. It's not a big thing but my expectation was that the Hhonors lounge would be a step above.

Check out was painless and the bill was 100% accurate.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Love this hotel for many reasons:
1- great location, close to the city and the business burbs
2- great restaurants within walking distance (Crave by far my favourite)
3- Great service, everyone who works here is fantastic - not often you get remembered by name at a chain hotel!

If you have a need to go to Minnie on business or pleasure, this is the place to stay (unless you have to absolutely stay downtown) It is a 10 minute drive to the ball park/downtown and a 20 minute drive to the Mall of America

Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

room was clean and comfortable, nice beds! good water pressure in shower,nice size bathroom. free tethered internet. rooms were quiet, floors were sound proof. Would have been nice to have a fridge and micro but not a deal breaker. Flat screen tv could have been larger, but was fine. There were plenty of outlets too. Didn't use restaurant or pool. Plenty of restaurants and shopping very close by. Movie theatre one block away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
My staff and I at the Doubletree thank you for your comments. We truly feel the value we offer our guests along with great service, clean accommodations and an ideal location make the Doubletree a great choice for the Twin Cities area. Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to having you visit us on your next trip.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3-4 days, while renovating my apartment. Maria I believe her name is checked me in. New on the job & in training, She's wonderful & helped answer all my Q's total sweetheart. I didn't appreciate the night staff. Not as friendly rather rude. & We all know Customer service is # 1!

Love the offer of a free warm cookie upon check in.
Rooms are very clean. Beds are comfortable. Workout room/pool, Housekeeping A plus! Location is perfect. Close to uptown, downtown & several restaurants within walking distance. (Rainbow foods across the street) Cons- No wifi in rooms,*only in public areas* would be nice to have mini fridge, laundry, Charge for coffee in lobby? Overall- pretty good hotel. Would recommend.
However, Could use improvement. Better management.

-M

• Stayed March 2013
Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service from our PM staff. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. We are always looking at ways to improve our offerings and amenities. Thank you again for your comments.
Dakota Dunes, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The staff here at the Doubletree are always professional and caring. The rooms are immaculate, the food offerings at their restaurant are wonderful, the pool/spa/fitness rooms are great, and overall this is a wonderful place for you to stay. I have always stayed on the private VIP floors because I like the quietness. The only thing I didn't care for is the lack of wi-fi in the rooms. I would think that a larger hotel like this one would offer free wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Choose the upgrade to the VIP private floors if you can! Worth the extra $$