“Great Service, Needs Updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Park Place Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service, Needs Updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to everything. Upon arrival I thought the parking lot was way too big for the hotel, but I later experienced what happens when there are several events going on at the hotel. The lot definitely fills up. WiFi was an issue at times, but I was able to work things out.

The staff was pleasant. It was a bit of a trek to the restaurant, but all in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last weekend for the first time. I think I may have found my new go-to hotel in Minneapolis. The front desk staff was great and the restaurant staff was even better. The free cookies at check in are an awesome touch.
We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant while we were there. I couldn't describe it any other way than perfect. I had the grass feed fillet and my wife had the apple chicken. Both were moist, flavorful, and they really hit the spot. I was really happy with the breakfast buffet. There was plent of options and for $13 I really felt like I got my money's worth (it could just be that I felt the need to go back up for 2nds and 3rds haha). My wife loved the granola on the buffet and would love to know where you get it. The service staff was super! I think we had 4 different people thank us for coming in and tell us to have a great day.
I have to give kudos to the hotel for hiring such great people!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I think the other reviews are pretty accurate. Pros: Clean, great area with freeway access, lots of restaurants, a Bagel place near by for breakfast. Cons: Hotel is a little dated and there is no WiFi available in the rooms. The one thing I do have to add though is I thought the service was FANTASTIC! The front desk employees were always friendly and willing to help me out. I even asked for a cookie when leaving so I could bring my wife one since they are her favorite. Since it was early they didn't have them yet but the front desk lady took it on her self to call the restaurant to see if they had any and then came back with 4! It was a great treat to bring home to my wife. I will be sure to stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travel to Minneapolis frequently on business and this is my go to hotel.

Pros
clean, well maintained
updated tvs
helpful friendly staff
comfortable beds
good location - walkable to several restaurants and shops, conveinient to downtown Minni
good bar/restaurant on site

Cons
No WiFi in the rooms
most rooms do not have a refrigerator

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floor and you can piggy back off the lobby wifi, or get the room on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I spent a one-night in-town getaway at this property. It's nicely located just 10-15 minutes west of downtown Minneapolis, adjacent to the West End shops, restaurant and cinema. Nice staff at check-in, nicely decorated and maintained rooms, and the very comfortable Hilton bed. Dover Restaurant had a great brunch that they serve until noon. Thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We lamented the lack of a mini-fridge, but the room was in very good shape and the bed was perfect. We did have an issue with the room rate, but after three conversations with the front desk, the issue was resolved to our satisfaction. We enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant. If you want a lower priced restaurant, there are options within walking distance. The pool was warm--always a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this Doubletree last weekend. Very nice and clean rooms, comfortable beds,coffee maker in the room. Really nothing to complain about except that I had to have my room key reset and that the coffee in the lobby was $2.86. Also, our two rooms, though on the same floor , were about as far apart as possible. Otherwise, nice hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps press more for closer rooms?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!