“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place

You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We have stayed at the Doubletree several times, especially in the fall. It is convenient to downtown Minneapolis and we enjoy the St. Louis Park area. Rooms are nice and the beds are very comfortable. We have never had a problem with too much noise. I find the staff to be extremely helpful and kind. We also have eaten in the Dover restaurant. Good food and service. By the way, I am using wifi in the room right now. Works with my iPad! I do recommend the doubletree----sure has been good for us!

Room Tip: We try to stay in a suite
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Labadie, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable, with excellent staff (and delicious cookies!). My big complaint was with how loud it was. We were unfortunately placed in a room that had a door to the adjoining room. The first night, the man in the next room sat in the chair (which is right by the door) and talked on the phone til past 2am. It's not like he was being loud- He was speaking in a normal tone of voice, but I could clearly hear and understand every word he said. I think he was also smoking, as our room started to smell like cigarette smoke by morning. We checked with the front desk to see about changing rooms, but were told he was checking out that morning, and it shouldn't be a problem the 2nd night. The guest the following night was much quieter, but left his radio on all night, and must have left without shutting off his alarm, so, although not nearly as disruptive as the 1st night, it was still annoying. I think the hotel should make every effort to only use the rooms with adjoining doors only for guests traveling together, or as a last resort. Other than that, the hotel was quite nice, but I doubt I'll stay again- it was just too hard to sleep with all the noise from next door.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room that does not have a door to the adjoining room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I appreciate your positive comments on the hotel staff and our Cookies! I do understand your frustration with some of the noise you experienced in our connecting guest rooms. We are always looking for ways to minimize the impact to our guest and will use your suggestion in our process.

Yours in Hospitality,
Sandy Buonanni
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I've stayed this hotel this past week for vacation/visit i have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel, the staff are very friendly, the beds are comfortable, very clean place, i would highly recommend anyone who is looking to stay in Minneapolis and it's surroundings.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Check in was easy, friendly and had fresh cookies upon our arrival. Clean spacious room, however did smell musty, wet. We opened the window to help with the odor, which did help a bit. Bathroom large and spacious with Evelyn and Crabtree shower products and soap (love) Wolfgang Puck coffee for the coffee maker (love). King sized bed was extremely comfortable with alot of pillows. Not close to "downtown" but a quick cab ride which costed 13.00. Toby Keith restaurant across the street, didn't eat there, so I cannot comment on the food, but looked fun. Gave the hotel a "very good" rating just due to the fact of the musty smell in the room. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were in Minneapolis for a high school reunion and stayed at the Doubletree Park Place when, at the last minute friends that we had planned to stay with had a medical emergency. We booked the Doubletree and spent a long weekend there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating - we had a nice room on the executive floor (upgrade) and found the location perfect for our various visits around the city. Easy to get to and from and with a great new center (West end shops) with good restaurants, shops etc. just across the street.
We will surely stay there in the future! The only limitation is that there was not wifi in the rooms (the staff said it was coming)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I've stayed here a couple times in the past without reviewing, but I note that management monitors reviews, so I thought I'd offer one. I stayed here for the weekend and as a Diamond Hhonors member, I was comp'd breakfast, which was very good. The room offered wired internet.
The property/location are nice. The West End is a great entertainment district with bars/restaurants. The rooms are set-up well with flat panel HDTV's, bathrooms are ok size. My rate was a little higher (less value), but I realized later that there were events at the hotel and it was likely booked. My pet peave with this property (versus Homewood Suites across the street) is lack of wifi in the rooms. Yes, there is a business center and free wifi in the lobby, but not in the rooms (only cord). I asked and was told it might be a year before this is installed, so in the meantime that will plany into my future choices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
I appreciate your positive comments on the hotel and our location. I do understand your frustration with no wifi in our guest rooms and we are working towards upgrading all of our hotel to wireless and hope to have it done before the end of the year. Yours in Hospitality, Sandy Buonanni
Albert Lea, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Messed up on billing; guests couldn't get into their room until 3 hours past check in due to a full capacity hotel. We were also told one thing from the service desk, and another from management, and yet something else from the catering staff. It was a mess of "he said - she said". Bartender poured cheap whiskey in the top shelf bottle; food was cold; buffet was not re serviced; group was stuck in elevator for over 15 minutes; coffee pots and tv's not working in the overnight rooms; I could go on.... positive aspects: meeting room support staff very friendly/helpful; we have used many hotels throughout the Country; 4-5 star; and this has been our worst experience yet.

Room Tip: Plan your meetings away from the pool and atrium, which is located directly by a set of meeting room...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
First let me give you my thanks for taking the time to fill out this survey. We do appreciate the feedback, it is one of the ways we use to evaluate ourselves and continue to improve. I apologize for the many issues you experienced during your stay with us. As a traveler myself, I can truly emphasize how frustrating that must have been. I have had conversations with the contact for your group and we have addressed all the items you mentioned. I have also been meeting with the team to go over how we can make this a more seamless process. Our goal is to provide perfect "10" service to all of our guests every time.

Yours in Hospitality,

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!