“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place

You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
BEMIDJI
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was here for week long work and training session. The rooms we used for the work part were modular rooms and were able to be adjusted to our needs quite well. The rooms were very nice and modern. Beds comfortable wish I would have had more time to spend in it haha. Nice area bars and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night. It’s a very nice place with a cool atrium and neat lobby and there is nearby shopping and eating. We had no issues finding the property. Staff was very friendly and courteous.

Our stay would have been better but we ended up with a handicap accessible room and that was a mistake on our part. The front desk staff was going to put us in a two double bed room but I requested a king bed. All they had available was the handicap room so they asked if we would accept that. We did. Our bad.

The Good:
Lots of nearby shopping and dining options. Easy to get to. Some rooms have a view of the downtown skyline. Plenty of elevators. Ample parking (and free). HDTV in the room. Fabulous bed! Good shower pressure. Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea in the room. Crabtree & Evelyn bath products in the bathroom. The pool temp was perfect. Well-quipped fitness room, including medicine balls, dumbbells, HDTVs. Big fluffy plush soft bath towels in the rooms (Other hotels take note – this is the way all hotel towels should be!) and the pool towels were good too. Didn’t notice any noise outside our room (and our window was inside the atrium, overlooking the pool). Plenty of TV channels. We received free warm cookies at check-in. 100% smoke-free hotel. Ice and vending on every floor. Everything was very clean.

The Bad:
It’s not close to the Mall of America or the airport. The pool is way too small as is the fitness room. It is too bad they didn’t make these items bigger during initial construction because they definitely have the extra room inside the atrium.

The Bad associated with our room (Please note these issues are a result of us accepting the handicap room):
No counter space in the bathroom (and I mean absolutely none). The room itself was smaller than normal because the bathroom was so spacious. No view of outside. One tiny glass shelf in the bathroom, but away from the sink. Towel racks were away from the sink and shower. Only one nightstand. A lot of wasted space in the entry and the bathroom.

I realize the issues we had with this Doubletree were our fault for accepting the handicap room. Had we not paid a Priceline rate I’m thinking they may have been more willing to upgrade us instead. Sometimes that’s the way it goes. We will chalk it up as a lesson learned. The comfort of the bed and the awesome bath towels almost made up for everything. All issues aside, we would stay here again as it was quiet, clean, and comfortable…and that’s really what we look for in a hotel stay.

- Mr. Kooz

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nice rooms, great location, friendly helpful staff, good exercise room, nice indoor pool

Room Tip: Higher floor windows facing west
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Clean room. Very comfortable bed. Have stayed before and will again. Able to use the concierge lounge with free drinks and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My girlfriends and I wanted a night out in Minneapolis and wanted to stay nearby. We found the Double Tree on Orbitz, and it was by far the cheapest room, so we took it. For the price (somewhere around $80 for the night) and so close to downtown, we were expecting something pretty run-down and dirty. We walked in to a beautiful lobby and found a very nice, clean room. The front desk even set us up with a free shuttle downtown! We were so pleasantly surprised. So much so that we just booked another room for this weekend; and at about the same price!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stay at this hotel about 12 times a year and it has the best beds anywhere. Several times I have awakened thinking I was in my own bed at home. Excellent breakfast buffet. Staff is always there to help out if needed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I plus 3 kids aged 9, 14 & 16 stayed here in two connecting rooms during an 18 hour overnight layover through MSP airport. The rooms were comfy, if anonymous, ad the free breakfast was nice. The hotel was further from the airport than I thought (my fault), but is nearby a few nice restaurants/bars and a movie theater across the street in the Park Place development or whatever it is. The hotel did NOT have a free shuttle to the airport (costing me an extra $100 round trip for taxis) so I wished I had stayed a) somewhere downtown to get a feel for Minneapolis or b) somewhere much closer to the airport. This is probably a decent place to stay on business in the area, but wouldn't really recommend it for any other reason.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MinneapolisParkplace, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
First let me give you my thanks for taking the time to fill out this survey. We do appreciate the feedback, it is one of the ways we use to evaluate ourselves and continue to improve. I can tell form you comments that while you did enjoy our hotel and the surrounding West End with all its restaurants and shops you were a little put off by the distance and cost of transportation. May I suggest on your next visit that you take the train in from the airport to Downtown Minneapolis. From there it is only a 15 dollar cab ride tour property or during the week Monday through Friday we can schedule pick-up and drop off at no charge for you and the family! I hope thi shelps and you have a great day.

Sandy Buonanni

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!