“Good stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Malaga, Spain
“Good stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Spotless, spacious rooms come with comfy beds. Professional service, friendly smiles, central location right close to all points of interest and good prices make this hotel an excellent choice. Can only recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here while attending a trade show, May 2015. Hotel was very clean and the restaurant (North 45) was excellent. We had the bare necessities when it came to towels, washcloths, etc.; I'm guessing because the hotel was booked to capacity. Overall the experience was good, but the front desk was severely understaffed. There was always a line there, at least 4 guests deep, whenever we went through the lobby. Also, we called the front desk to ask if our stay could be extended, and were put on hold for 23 minutes before we hung up and called back, only to be put on hold again - unacceptable!
When we checked in, the room temp was 75 degrees. Tried to turn on the a/c to cool it off, but was told by the staff it was "too early in the season, open a window". Never had a hotel tell me such a thing before. They said they could only have either a/c or heat on, and more guests were requesting heat at the time, so no a/c.
Also, one of our co-workers who was planning to leave a day early, ran into some weather challenges and asked if their stay could be extended an additional night. They were told a room was available, but the price would be $399, plus taxes, etc., rather than the show rate of $138, because their original reservation did not include that night. What??? She had no way of knowing her flight would be cancelled when she made the reservation....
Loved that the hotel was connected to the convention center via the walkway, especially since the weather was ugly, but they could use more signs indicating how to get to the walkway. Also, I tried to use the restroom in the lobby when we got there (because I had to stand in line), but couldn't because I didn't have a room key. Didn't appreciate that.
A few glitches at a hotel where you would t have expected them (at this level hotel), but overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Hotel is set up in sort of a cruise ship layout, so rooms at the ends of the halls were much smaller...
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I checked into the Millennium for 4 days on business. I was not happy with my room as it looked a bit dated with the wallpaper peeling off. It was also too near the elevator which I did not like. They gladly moved me to another room, but was a small corner one with no room for a computer. I went to the front desk a bit frustrated and asked to speak to the 'boss'. Anita came to my rescue! Her manner with customers, especially a dissatisfied one, is one that others in the service industry should follow. She told me not to worry, that she would make me happy and she did! Anita went above and beyond the call of duty and upgraded me to a mini suite. I thought that was just great as I did book through a third party and not many other places would do that. She came up to the room with me to inspect it and to make sure I would be happy there. Great customer service! She turned an unhappy customer into one who will now be a loyal patriot every time I have to travel to Minneapolis. My stay after that incident was a very enjoyable one. Room was big, clean, and the housekeeping left me chocolates every night which was a nice treat to come back to. It was a great location, close to shops and to the highway and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Minneapolis area! Be sure to say hi to Anita so her big warm smile can welcome you to the area!

Room Tip: Do not get a room next to the elevator as it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear TorontoMiro,

What a wonderful review! I especially enjoyed reading your suggestion to ask to say hello to Anita so she can smile. It is always great to hear about a situation that did not start with the best circumstances turn into positive experience. Anita does such a beautiful job with all of our guests and I love to watch her "in motion"!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Minneapolis. Please feel free to contact with Anita or me if we may be of assistance with future reservation needs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Regards,
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My experience at this hotel was great. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Anita at the desk was especially helpful with directions and anything else we needed. Thank you Anita! I would stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
JodiM,
Thank you for such a kind review. We have an outstanding team at the front desk and throughout the hotel. Anita is a great leader and has a strong proven record of excellent guest care!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Minneapolis in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was just staying one night on business and did not know what to expect. The hotel is very central and the check in and check out was very efficient and friendly. The rooms are modern and have everything you need for a one night stop. The bar/restaurant is a bit soulless but the again, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Not a romantic get away. More a functional convention hotel but not so big that you feel like a number.

iainm638,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with our hotel. We have an outstanding team that works very hard to keep the building clean and well maintained. This is also, simply the most friendly group of professionals that I have had the honor to work with.

I hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Minneapolis, you will chose the Millennium Hotel.
If I may be of assistance in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

They don't try to help the traveler out. Just worried bout their hotel and not the people that come in contact with them. Think they are doing you a favor by being there. Everyone I come in contact with I will share this awful experience.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Susan B,
I am very sorry that you had such a disappointing stay with us. We take our service very seriously and we would like to make this right for you. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail with you directly.

Please contact me directly at 612.359.2224. Your feedback is very important and I would like the opportunity to speak to with directly.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My experience of hotels in the downtown Minneapolis area dictates a few things: the room will be pricy due to convenient location, it will be small but comfortable and cheap upgrades to make it pretty. This hotel exactly fit this mould. Bed was comfortable and we appreciated the new white linens. The shower drain was extremely slow, and my husband complained of the small bathroom - this was the one drawback to the room. Instead of using the wifi for $10 a day, we just tethered to my phone and bounced of its data plan - cheaper to roam for $5 unlimited data that goes wherever we do than to pay $10 for wifi in our room only. I wonder when hotels will start to figure this out and offer cheap or free in-room wifi in urban locations? We were pleased at the location's proximity to Orchestra Hall - just a couple blocks away - as this was our reason for staying. Be aware though that as with most downtown hotels in any city, there are plenty of street people nearby.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!