“You will soon find out why the lower price..............” 2 of 5 stars

Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“You will soon find out why the lower price..............”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hubby and I went away for the weekend and thought we were getting a great deal for a 4 star hotel and the price. We soon found out the star rating was not up to our standard and as to why it was cheaper than other hotels in the area. Nothing was stated on or reservation that we would be charged 18.00 a night for parking. We soon found that out. AND they wanted to charge us 9.95 A DAY for wireless internet in our room, but if we sat in the lobby we could use it for free - even McDonalds has free wifi! The manager gave us free wifi in our room because we complained about it. Everything going up to the room looked and felt like it was coated in a sheet of grime. Even the down button on our floor (7th) for the elevator was dirty for the 3 days we were there. The first night the room was so hot! We got up multiple times during the night to turn the heat down. Didn't help at all! We called down to the front desk the next morning and they told us how we could change the setting on the thermostat, so we did. Even hours later it was still hot. We called down again and they sent the maintenance man up for him to tell us the only solution is to open the window as it will get cooler as the day goes on. And this is considered a 4 star hotel?!?

Cheap toiletries, room was barely adequate. Not a 'destination'. To make more money places will skimp on the things that make a place enjoyable to stay at - and that is seen all over this hotel. We did go across the street to the Hyatt and played a game while we had wings (happy hour). I recommend to stay there or at the Hilton just down the street. I won't ever be back to this hotel when there are much better options just seconds/minutes away.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton down the street or the Hyatt across the street
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent hotel experience. Staff was polite and professional. Check in was smooth and handled perfectly.
Lori at the front desk was always pleasant and friendly. she gave excellent dining suggestions, which proved to be fantastic.
Hotel is on the south end of the Nicollete Mall, not a shopping mall, but a dining and entertainment extravaganza. Free public transportation takes you up and down the mall, so everything is within easy access - taxi's are also available.
Mass transit is easy to use. The skyway connects you with all of downtown without going outside!!

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the hotel as a relative of a National Youth sports Qualifying event participant. The room was clean, comfortable and very close to the downtown Convention Center. The hotel is connected to the elevated walkway, making travel to many downtown locations comfortable no matter the weather outside.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am writing this review specifically because of the night manager, Wolfgang whom I did not get the pleasure of meeting but who was kind enough to allow us some flexibility on our check in date that made our trip possible. Thank you for your kindness. It meant a lot to my husband and I. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. Super convenient location and parking. Pleasant staff, good quick room service. I would definitely stay here again. The rate was right and as a bonus, the bed was comfortable.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is connected via a Skywalk, to the Convention Center. It is about a 10 minute walk from the lobby of the hotel to the Convention Center. Below is my review of various aspects of the hotel.

Reception Desk: The people that I worked with at check in, were appeared overly stressed to have more than one person waiting to check in. There were only about 3 of us to check in at the time. I was traveling with my volleyball team and we had reserved a block of rooms. I checked in early and was told that my specific room was not available at that time but others within the block were. I asked if I could take one of the rooms that were available (other hotels are accommodating and agree to such requests). I was told "No". When I tried to explain my reasoning, I was not allowed to complete my sentence. Though I tried to start over and say what I thought would be a solution, I was constantly interrupted. I decided to drop the issue. This was the biggest and primary negative about the hotel. Unfortunately, it is also the first impression that a traveler gets upon their initial encounter with the hotel.

Room: Room was nice and clean. The A/C worked very well. Though the bathroom was small, it was efficient and modern. I liked the sliding door to the bathroom which allowed for more space in the bathroom.

Bed: Very comfortable. Pillows are soft but you can easily fix them to whatever level of firmness you desire.

TV: No movies. There is limited HBO. The TV is easily viewed from a majority of angles in the room.

Restaurant: I had room service for dinner and ate in the restaurant for breakfast. Food was pretty good at both meals. The price of the breakfast buffet is $16 which is a little steep considering there are places close to the hotel where you can get a good breakfast. The restaurant's staff is exceptionally friendly.

Workout Facility: Very good workout area. The dumbbells go up to 50 lbs. There are treadmills and stationary bikes.

Other than the initial experience with the Front Desk, the rest of the time spent at the hotel was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the 4th floor. I believe that the even number rooms will have a better view...
Kyle, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Will NOT return to this hotel!!!!!

We arrived in MN in the early morning hours of 04/15. Made it to the hotel around 2:30 am. Susan was the lady that helped us. She was VERY helpful and VERY attentive. We were tired and hungry and just wanted a hot shower, a hot meal and a bed. I did request a higher level floor to avoid the noise and traffic. She gave us a room on the 12th floor facing downtown. Everything is pretty much in walking distance. Convenient!
On the second day, we woke up and it was 79 degrees in the room. I called the front office and Reilly answered. He was very short, very rude and spoke way too fast for me to understand what he said. He sounded as if he was mumbling. Hung up the call before I could say "thank you". They sent maintenance to my door to tell me that the hotel does not have the A/C on and they are working on it to get it turned on; which really threw me for a loop! He did tell his assistant to go and open the window for us so that we could get air flowing into the room. WINDOW? AIR FLOW? For a minute, I thought I was staying in the projects!! Thanks for opening our window. We would have been lost without you!
We slept with the window open that night, only to have horns honking at the weirdest hours of the night, people cursing in the streets. This was the 12th floor but it sure felt like 1st floor service! The next day, we woke up to another hot room. Went out for the day and came back 5:30 pm. We noticed large groups of young ladies and their mothers arriving. Come to find out, they were part of a national volleyball tournament. We get to the room and we realized the A/C had finally been turned on. Somewhat of a relief. We were excited to finally get a good nights rest, on our last night in the hotel, until 3:00 am rolled around...
Not sure if noise was coming from the neighbor next door, anyone on the roof or the a/c unit but what we heard was a LOUD, fast banging noise. This went on for about 40 minutes. I called the front desk and they sent someone to investigate the noise. It finally stopped. On top of that, we heard these young ladies running around the halls, talking loudly and laughing.
The parking is $20/night if you do not have a room there. $18/night if you do. I wanted to find out about the parking so I went downstairs to speak with guest services, Lisa, I believe was her name. I asked how their parking worked. Told me I had to pay daily then get reimbursed. She seemed a bit short and rude as well. Her co worker, Anabel, was VERY helpful and assisted with kindness and clarified how the parking and paying worked.

I wasn't too fond of this hotel and very disappointed in the events that unfolded and took place. The rooms were not 100% clean. There was water left in the ice bucket, which had not been replaced or cleaned since someone's last stay. The carpet was wet in front of the refrigerator that did NOT work. The restroom was nice until the tub started to back up. The A/C fiasco was just that! Some of the staff was rude,while the others were excellent!
Parking is not the greatest. The location is PERFECT! I feel I paid way too much for a "nicer" hotel with Motel 6 amenities.
We will NEVER return to this hotel in Minneapolis, again!

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C is on if you go during Spring/Summer
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros.

Decent beds.
Good showers.
Quiet rooms EVEN with a 100 Volley Ball teams from the all over the USA staying at the hotel.
A TV that had the Winnipeg Jets game on it.
Very close to downtown.
Connected via skywalks to the Hilton where our conference was at.
Had a mini fridge we could have used (but didn't).
Had a room safe (which we did use).

Cons
Internet was $10 a day
Drinking water was $5 a 1 litre bottle
Parking was $18 a day

Never ate at the restaurant cuz Minneapolis has SO many good restaurants (check out the 112 Eatery while you're in town. Wow.)

Recommend if you can get the room for less that $150 a night (we did using a popular Internet hotel booking site).

Room Tip: Didn't have to do anything. Volleyball tournament in town. Didn't hear a peep.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!