“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas City
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the hotel as a relative of a National Youth sports Qualifying event participant. The room was clean, comfortable and very close to the downtown Convention Center. The hotel is connected to the elevated walkway, making travel to many downtown locations comfortable no matter the weather outside.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am writing this review specifically because of the night manager, Wolfgang whom I did not get the pleasure of meeting but who was kind enough to allow us some flexibility on our check in date that made our trip possible. Thank you for your kindness. It meant a lot to my husband and I. The rooms were nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. Super convenient location and parking. Pleasant staff, good quick room service. I would definitely stay here again. The rate was right and as a bonus, the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is connected via a Skywalk, to the Convention Center. It is about a 10 minute walk from the lobby of the hotel to the Convention Center. Below is my review of various aspects of the hotel.

Reception Desk: The people that I worked with at check in, were appeared overly stressed to have more than one person waiting to check in. There were only about 3 of us to check in at the time. I was traveling with my volleyball team and we had reserved a block of rooms. I checked in early and was told that my specific room was not available at that time but others within the block were. I asked if I could take one of the rooms that were available (other hotels are accommodating and agree to such requests). I was told "No". When I tried to explain my reasoning, I was not allowed to complete my sentence. Though I tried to start over and say what I thought would be a solution, I was constantly interrupted. I decided to drop the issue. This was the biggest and primary negative about the hotel. Unfortunately, it is also the first impression that a traveler gets upon their initial encounter with the hotel.

Room: Room was nice and clean. The A/C worked very well. Though the bathroom was small, it was efficient and modern. I liked the sliding door to the bathroom which allowed for more space in the bathroom.

Bed: Very comfortable. Pillows are soft but you can easily fix them to whatever level of firmness you desire.

TV: No movies. There is limited HBO. The TV is easily viewed from a majority of angles in the room.

Restaurant: I had room service for dinner and ate in the restaurant for breakfast. Food was pretty good at both meals. The price of the breakfast buffet is $16 which is a little steep considering there are places close to the hotel where you can get a good breakfast. The restaurant's staff is exceptionally friendly.

Workout Facility: Very good workout area. The dumbbells go up to 50 lbs. There are treadmills and stationary bikes.

Other than the initial experience with the Front Desk, the rest of the time spent at the hotel was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the 4th floor. I believe that the even number rooms will have a better view...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Kyle, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Will NOT return to this hotel!!!!!

We arrived in MN in the early morning hours of 04/15. Made it to the hotel around 2:30 am. Susan was the lady that helped us. She was VERY helpful and VERY attentive. We were tired and hungry and just wanted a hot shower, a hot meal and a bed. I did request a higher level floor to avoid the noise and traffic. She gave us a room on the 12th floor facing downtown. Everything is pretty much in walking distance. Convenient!
On the second day, we woke up and it was 79 degrees in the room. I called the front office and Reilly answered. He was very short, very rude and spoke way too fast for me to understand what he said. He sounded as if he was mumbling. Hung up the call before I could say "thank you". They sent maintenance to my door to tell me that the hotel does not have the A/C on and they are working on it to get it turned on; which really threw me for a loop! He did tell his assistant to go and open the window for us so that we could get air flowing into the room. WINDOW? AIR FLOW? For a minute, I thought I was staying in the projects!! Thanks for opening our window. We would have been lost without you!
We slept with the window open that night, only to have horns honking at the weirdest hours of the night, people cursing in the streets. This was the 12th floor but it sure felt like 1st floor service! The next day, we woke up to another hot room. Went out for the day and came back 5:30 pm. We noticed large groups of young ladies and their mothers arriving. Come to find out, they were part of a national volleyball tournament. We get to the room and we realized the A/C had finally been turned on. Somewhat of a relief. We were excited to finally get a good nights rest, on our last night in the hotel, until 3:00 am rolled around...
Not sure if noise was coming from the neighbor next door, anyone on the roof or the a/c unit but what we heard was a LOUD, fast banging noise. This went on for about 40 minutes. I called the front desk and they sent someone to investigate the noise. It finally stopped. On top of that, we heard these young ladies running around the halls, talking loudly and laughing.
The parking is $20/night if you do not have a room there. $18/night if you do. I wanted to find out about the parking so I went downstairs to speak with guest services, Lisa, I believe was her name. I asked how their parking worked. Told me I had to pay daily then get reimbursed. She seemed a bit short and rude as well. Her co worker, Anabel, was VERY helpful and assisted with kindness and clarified how the parking and paying worked.

I wasn't too fond of this hotel and very disappointed in the events that unfolded and took place. The rooms were not 100% clean. There was water left in the ice bucket, which had not been replaced or cleaned since someone's last stay. The carpet was wet in front of the refrigerator that did NOT work. The restroom was nice until the tub started to back up. The A/C fiasco was just that! Some of the staff was rude,while the others were excellent!
Parking is not the greatest. The location is PERFECT! I feel I paid way too much for a "nicer" hotel with Motel 6 amenities.
We will NEVER return to this hotel in Minneapolis, again!

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C is on if you go during Spring/Summer
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Pros.

Decent beds.
Good showers.
Quiet rooms EVEN with a 100 Volley Ball teams from the all over the USA staying at the hotel.
A TV that had the Winnipeg Jets game on it.
Very close to downtown.
Connected via skywalks to the Hilton where our conference was at.
Had a mini fridge we could have used (but didn't).
Had a room safe (which we did use).

Cons
Internet was $10 a day
Drinking water was $5 a 1 litre bottle
Parking was $18 a day

Never ate at the restaurant cuz Minneapolis has SO many good restaurants (check out the 112 Eatery while you're in town. Wow.)

Recommend if you can get the room for less that $150 a night (we did using a popular Internet hotel booking site).

Room Tip: Didn't have to do anything. Volleyball tournament in town. Didn't hear a peep.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Rochester, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The evening staff was very friendly upon arrival, but that's about it.

I tried to sign on for wifi but found out there was an additional charge for it. I called the front desk and they told me that If I signed up for the loyalty program online (which I did) i could get it for free. Upon checkout I was told that I needed to fill out a form during my stay in order to get the free wifi. Oh well...10 bucks lost there. Parking was an additional $19. The food? Terrible. Cold and waaay to much salt. The restaurant staff spent a lot of time chatting with the men at the bar and very little time waiting on other patrons. And the one server there was rude and directed me to the bar when I told her I just wanted to order food.

When I told them that at checkout I was also informed that if I wanted something done about it I should have taken care of it immediately. I said that I wasn't trying to get anything done about it, I was just informing them that it was unsatisfactory.

Whatever...I'll never stay here again. And will certainly never recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Au Train, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a last minute trip to Minneapolis. Easy to find. Good location- I had to walk downtown for business in the am. Clean. Nice view. Paid half price on booking.com. Well worth it. Parking was 18.00 for the night and was directly connected to the hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!