“Millennium Minneapolis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Millennium Minneapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice place. Great downtown location with reasonable parking rates. Easy walk to anything in the downtown area. Rooms have been updated recently and were clean, stylish and comfortable. Nice workout room and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Luck, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times in the last several months. The accommodations are comfortable and convenient. The fitness area is very nice. The rooms are very comfortable. But the service is questionable. I have requested multiple times to have a respected restaurant deliver to my room and the front desk has refused to allow it on security concerns. So I have to get dressed and come down to the lobby to pick up the food - a complete pain. Also, the last 2 times I have stayed there I have made multiple requests to have my invoice emailed to me and it has never shown up. I will stay at this hotel in the future again, but they really need to rethink their processes.

Room Tip: Choose the Nicollet Avenue side of the hotel. There is a large HVAC unit outside on the other side...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Winona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending an educational conference. The hotel is not as large or fancy as its neighbor, the Hyatt, but it is perfectly suitable for an overnight stay. As mentioned by others the rooms are on the smaller side. However, the bed was comfortable, there was an in-room fridge, there were outlets on the lights, and a safe big enough for a laptop. The rooms have been recently renovated and are clean and well kept. The hallways of the hotel look a little shabby though and the carpeting is worn and dirty. The staff was very pleasant, especially Thomas at check-in and the gentleman at the front door. The restaurant had slow service the night I was there but the food was excellent. My one major complaint is that the thermostat would not raise the temperature and it was very cold in the room. You could set it to 72 and it would instantly go back to 68 degrees. That made for a chilly evening. The rest of the hotel was warm and cozy. It's a good location if you want to check out the Nicollet Mall and surrounding area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I give this hotel 3.5-4 stars. It was in a wonderful location, easily walkable to many restaurants in downtown Minneapolis. I was here for a conference at the convention center and could easily get there via the enclosed skyway footbridge or a short walk outside. My room was clean and bed was very comfortable. My only slight complaint was the loud noise coming from the heating duct throughout the night. Nothing that kept me away all night, but was a bit annoying.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only good thing I would have to say about this hotel is the staff we encountered were nice. The rooms are really small! You would think with a recent renovation they might have made the rooms a bit more comfortable. The only chair in the room is the desk chair, no space for an comfortable chair. We were in a room with 2 double beds. Beds were very close together. Comfortable enough.
The door to the bathroom is a sliding-type of door. Very heavy, be careful if you have young kids.
The room was always really cold. Yes it was freezing outside, but you'd think a hotel in Minneapolis would know how to provide comfortable heat to rooms. One thin blanket on the bed. The lobby was also always very cold as was the bar/dining area.
No coffee or coffee cups in the room, only a coffee maker - pod-type.
Very sparse bathroom amenities, tiny shampoo, etc.
We had to check out a day early, were not offered any part of a room refund.
Will not stay here again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Kati227,
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I appreciate that you have taken time to share your experience. Our guestrooms are on the small size. The building dates back to 1963 and the foot print of each room was decided at that time. When we completed our extensive renovation in 2013 we took the size of the room into consideration when choosing our furnishings. The decision to have the sliding door into the bathroom was also a part of the decision to create more space for our guests.

You're also correct that a hotel in Minnesota should be able to properly heat a guestroom. It would be very helpful to me to know the number of your room. I would like to ensure with our engineering department that heating unit is working properly.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the service from the staff that you dealt with.

If you would like to discuss your visit further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
I would like to have you and your family experience our hotel again and leave with a much more positive impression.

Regards,
Katie Neufeld
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So let me start by saying I liked this property, I liked the hotel room, the location, the pool was great for kids because of it's 2'9" depth and even though the parking ramp was old and kind of tight for a full size SUV it was fairly convenient. The common spaces are nice and upscale and the club was nicely appointed. As you can see we have the makings of a great experience. Then enter communications problems. When I booked I paid extra for a club room and extra for full breakfast instead of continental, when I arrived the club was closed and they tried to give me coupons for continental breakfast. I told them that I paid extra for full american breakfast and they gave me the coupons for the right breakfast. Reservations told me that M-F they offered downtown shuttle daily, there was no shuttle any of the days I was there but they kept telling me it would be available the next day. They did reimburse me for cab fare but it was still pretty klunkly. We were scheduled to stay Sunday - Wednesday and the club was closed Sunday though Wednesday morning so I felt like I got ripped off on that. The pool is nice but the temperature of the room was really chilly. I think they have an air leak because cold air was gushing in from the ceiling near the entrance to the pool. The last complaint is more room service related we ordered room service 3 times and 3 times the order was wrong one time completely wrong. Each time they fixed what was wrong but we were just really frustrated about all the mis-information and errors that came from the staff. I understand if you are running on a skeleton crew but you actually make more work for yourself when you give wrong information and the customer boomerangs back to ask for help with the same problem. Other issues were being assigned a handicapped room that I needed to move out of, card keys not working, and delivering a shoe shine brush when we asked for a box of tissues.

Room Tip: ADA rooms have no tub (not very compatible with young children) Club level rooms are no different fr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear nahdogg,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us. I would like to be able to speak with you directly concerning your stay. It is very important to me that all of our guests have an excellent experience in the hotel. We obviously have fallen short with you.

I have shared your feedback regarding the pool with our engineering department and they are working towards a resolution.

Please feel free to call me directly at 612-359-2224 to discuss your stay further.

Katie Neufeld
Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I stay at the Millenium a lot and while there are nicer hotels in downtown Minneapolis (although since the remodel it is pretty nice) you just will not find a friendlier staff anywhere. They have had a number of their staff there for a long time and they take a lot of pride. With the remodel in 2012 the hotel really has taken it up a step, however, some of the rooms tend to be a bit small. The location is great with easy walking access to the downtown.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!