“With some work and training this place could easily be 4 stars” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Des Moines, Iowa
“With some work and training this place could easily be 4 stars”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So let me start by saying I liked this property, I liked the hotel room, the location, the pool was great for kids because of it's 2'9" depth and even though the parking ramp was old and kind of tight for a full size SUV it was fairly convenient. The common spaces are nice and upscale and the club was nicely appointed. As you can see we have the makings of a great experience. Then enter communications problems. When I booked I paid extra for a club room and extra for full breakfast instead of continental, when I arrived the club was closed and they tried to give me coupons for continental breakfast. I told them that I paid extra for full american breakfast and they gave me the coupons for the right breakfast. Reservations told me that M-F they offered downtown shuttle daily, there was no shuttle any of the days I was there but they kept telling me it would be available the next day. They did reimburse me for cab fare but it was still pretty klunkly. We were scheduled to stay Sunday - Wednesday and the club was closed Sunday though Wednesday morning so I felt like I got ripped off on that. The pool is nice but the temperature of the room was really chilly. I think they have an air leak because cold air was gushing in from the ceiling near the entrance to the pool. The last complaint is more room service related we ordered room service 3 times and 3 times the order was wrong one time completely wrong. Each time they fixed what was wrong but we were just really frustrated about all the mis-information and errors that came from the staff. I understand if you are running on a skeleton crew but you actually make more work for yourself when you give wrong information and the customer boomerangs back to ask for help with the same problem. Other issues were being assigned a handicapped room that I needed to move out of, card keys not working, and delivering a shoe shine brush when we asked for a box of tissues.

Room Tip: ADA rooms have no tub (not very compatible with young children) Club level rooms are no different fr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay at the Millenium a lot and while there are nicer hotels in downtown Minneapolis (although since the remodel it is pretty nice) you just will not find a friendlier staff anywhere. They have had a number of their staff there for a long time and they take a lot of pride. With the remodel in 2012 the hotel really has taken it up a step, however, some of the rooms tend to be a bit small. The location is great with easy walking access to the downtown.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Service was great, convenient location, professional and friendly staff. We even spoke with the manager. The remodel that was done was very impressive! Our recent at the Hyatt across the street was not comparable to the experience at Millennium. We would highly recommend this hotel. -Zach M. & Jocelyn S.

• Stayed November 2014
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room was very comfortable, beds and linens great, pillows exceptional. Concerned that it would be noisy because the hotel appeared VERY busy, but the room was so nice and quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was happy to finally visit Minneapolis again, after 5 years of my absence. This is the only hotel I have stayed in Minneapolis, before it was always on business - but this time it was for the first time for leisure.

It was the first time when I was staying in a very tight guest room, the first time I was travelling with my husband. My previous visits I had always stayed alone and had a room double the size. I made a reservation for a higher category, but was surprised to find myself in a much smaller guest room. Maybe the view was to make up for it - or make the valuable, but the view was not to be enjoyed through the dirty windows.

Overall, I was happy with my stay. Staff was excellent and accommodating. I had some challenging personal request, which not only were meet, but solutions exceeded my requests and expectations.

During my stay, there was an event taking place, giving the hotel it's busy charm. I look forward to my revisit.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Gullid,
I am so pleased that you were able to return to Minneapolis for leisure on this visit. This is a wonderful city with so much to offer. And truly, regardless of the season, we have a very welcoming and entertaining city.

I am pleased that the staff did such an excellent job taking care of your requests. We are here to assist our guests in anyway that we are able.

Looking forward to your return visit!

Regards,
Katie Neufeld
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here one night, older hotel, clean, the front desk staff was very classy and made us feel welcomed, location is good and easy access... You must pay for wifi and parking cost 20... That I thought was a bit upsetting, was told rooms were renovated one year ago, still seemed tired ...

Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been traveling to Mpls. for many years and always enjoy staying at the Millennium. It's great to see the property after all the new renovations have been put into place. The renovations are only secondary to the courteous and friendly front desk staff. Rachel was an 'all star' with all my questions and concerns, you could tell that she loved her job and her warmth was genuine on such a cold winter night. Thomas, was very accommodating as well, allowing me to store a cart of comp. equip. in the valet room. It's always great to interact with super employees.

I would definitely recommend the Millennium!!!....C.Santoro

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!