“Great Location & Comfortable Beds” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1313 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Marshall, Minnesota
“Great Location & Comfortable Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Millennium is right on Nicollet Avenue, so you can walk to some great restaurants, bars, and even Target :) I was there for a conference at the Convention Center, and it was just a short walk via the skyways. My room was kind of small but nice, and the beds were perfect. My only complaint was that the tub drained really slow, so when I was showering, I was standing in a few inches of water (which I told the gal at the front desk about when I checked out, and she immediately called someone about it). The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Ccrouse,
Thank you so much for a great review! We are so fortunate to have our fantastic location. The skyways make the winter's in Minneapolis much more bearable for all of us.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Katie Neufeld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My stay was too short for an in-depth review, but everything I did experience was great! Unfortunately, they are not part of any of the big loyalty programs -- in case you are collecting points. They have their own but only in about a dozen hotels across the country.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shakopee, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Millennium Hotel. Our experience was fantastic! We've stayed in a wide range of hotels/resorts from Marriot hotels to Ritz Carlton resorts. The rooms were well appointed and very clean.

We selected a room with access to the Club Room. The best part of our experience was talking with the Club Room attendant Assad. We live in the Minneapolis area and were just out for a night in town - no looking for anything specific. His customer service and willingness to engage in a conversation was a delight.

The management of this hotel should commend Assad and all the staff on their level of customer service. Due to this experience I have enrolled in their membership club and am looking forward to my next visit to the Millennium Hotel family.

Room Tip: Request Club Room level access. The service will be the highlight of the visit.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a long day of travel I just wanted to get my room and unwind. The check-in desk had a line due to many people arriving for the Eckankar Worldwide Seminar in Minneapolis.

Anita, an assistant manager, arrived to help with a complicated check-in. She must have seen I was tired and low on patience, so she stayed to provide extra help. She checked me in next. I was grateful for this extra courtesy and went eagerly up to my room.

As I entered, the phone rang. It was Anita asking me to check for my wallet. She had found a wallet and thought it was mine. Indeed it was. I went down to claim it.

I returned at a less busy time to express my gratitude. She had saved my weekend seminar experience! Imagine how difficult a cross country trip would be with no identification, money, or credit cards.

I write this to express my heartfelt gratitude. Thank You Anita and Millennium, Minneapolis!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Isanti, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed one night prior to a conference. I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis but decided to stay to not have to drive in rush hour as it was an early conference. The hotel was very clean. We had a king suite with concierge access. The room design I wasn't crazy about as the bathroom is in the bedroom and we had a suite so that in my opinion was poor room design. There were two of us staying there and I slept on the couch so I was not comfortable having to walk through the bedroom to go to the bathroom. Customer service was very good. We had a man from housekeeping bring our sheets and blanket for the sofa bed and he completely made the bed. He didn't speak a lot of English but we understood him. He went over and above. I wish I could remember his name :(. We ate at the restaurant. The food was very good but as others have mentioned the service was slow. We got seated right away and received water right away but getting our order taken was slow. We had an hour for lunch but had we only had 1/2 hour we would not have made it back to the conference in time. That made no sense as they had a lot of staff. I think they just need to get it figured out yet. All in all the cleanliness really impressed me. Parking was directly attached and I had no problem finding a spot.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Millennium is a modern style hotel on the edge of downtown on the Nicollet Mall. It is across from the Hyatt that I've also stayed at. The lobby is modern as are the rooms. Greeted by a very friendly and efficient front desk staff. This friendliness and efficiency translated throughout all my interactions with the staff.

The room is your typical modern hotel room. Clean and typically laid out with two double beds on one side and the desk and TV on the opposing wall. There was also a chair and table near the window.

The washroom was clean and the shower had the requisite curved shower rod to move the curtain away from you when showering. A bonus was the clear top portion of the shower curtain that allowed a lot more light to shine into the shower which is appreciated. Water pressure was fine and hot water came quickly.

We used the bar area off the lobby a few times during our stay and found the staff to be friendly and efficient as I noted above.

This is a good hotel for business stays and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
West Yellowstone MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

For a downtown, business orientated hotel I could not believe they were charging $10 a night for internet access. I stayed here while attending a trade show at the conference center & other than the internet issue, I was very impressed with the clean, spacious, nicely decorated room. The fact They have a sky walk linking it directly with the conference center was a plus as it rained every day! The staff are ok but nothing exceptional and I didn't use the restaurant as there are plenty of eating options within a short walk of the hotel.

Room Tip: Use your phone hotspot rather than pay for internet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!