“Very nice hotel - despite charging for wifi” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
West Yellowstone MT
“Very nice hotel - despite charging for wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

For a downtown, business orientated hotel I could not believe they were charging $10 a night for internet access. I stayed here while attending a trade show at the conference center & other than the internet issue, I was very impressed with the clean, spacious, nicely decorated room. The fact They have a sky walk linking it directly with the conference center was a plus as it rained every day! The staff are ok but nothing exceptional and I didn't use the restaurant as there are plenty of eating options within a short walk of the hotel.

Room Tip: Use your phone hotspot rather than pay for internet!

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I travel to Minneapolis several times a year on personal business. I required a 4-night stay this time and for some reason the rate was very high at my usual hotel so I booked at the Millennium based on Tripadvisor rating/reviews. Was a bit nervous about driving around the Nicollet Mall but found the parking structure to be easily accessible and the rate competitive with other MSP hotels. The hotel itself has been recently renovated in a modern style and my room was very comfortable and quiet with a nice city view. Loved walking on the Nicollet Mall with restaurants, coffee shops and shops just two blocks away. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant. I also found the wireless internet speed to be acceptable although do agree with other reviewers that it should be included in the daily rate. I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and friendly and would especially like to thank Chelsea for her excellent customer service. I will definitely return to the Millennium.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the hotel 11:30 PM after enduring a 3 hour flight delay to find the only room available was a wheelchair accessible room with a single (twin?) bed. My wife would barely fi on the bed let alone my 6 foot 3 inch frame. We headed back to the front desk to find no room at the inn. A call to five other hotels found no vacancy. We asked about suites and were told no room. My wife started to get a bit punchy and loud and the night manager overheard and got involved.

After a few minutes we were told the Penthouse was our for the night but we would need to work with the front desk in the morning to move to a room with a king bed for the next three nights. We slept quickly in the rather larger suite and were at our conference by 7:30 AM.

Returning to the Front Desk at 5:30 PM we expected the worse but found we had a great room with a king bed as we reserved. A bit of a hassle at first but a good recovery.

Room Tip: The hotel is connected to the Minneapolis Convention center so all rooms have good access
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
DetailsbyBill,
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am very proud of our team and their proven abilities to take care of our guests. I apologize for the initial confusion with the room type, but am pleased that we recovered so well.
Please let us know when you will be returning to Minneapolis as we would love to welcome you and your wife back!
Katie Neufeld
White, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel decor is spare and modern style, which is more elegant and less "homey." I tend to prefer "homey", but I quite enjoyed my visit anyhow.

Stayed for three nights during a professional engagement. Room was clean,quiet, spacious and well equipped. The bed was quite comfortable, except for so many pillows I didn't know what to do with all of them. It's the fashion, I guess. I used the new iron and ironing board to touch up my clothes after unpacking with good results.

The desk staff was particularly helpful with directions and other advice, which was much appreciated by one who did not know his way around at all.

The hotel location is very convenient to the Convention Center, though I wasn't involved in a convention. It faces Nicolette St, at one end of the "Nicolette Mall." This is not a mall in the traditional sense, but a street that is closed to private cars starting just north of the hotel. Cars do cross the mall going east/west. There is also an elevated walkway that goes directly through individual buildings along the mall, making it easy to circulate even if rain or winter weather has arrived. The weather was tolerable in October, so I didn't use the walkway. There are MANY nice stores, restaurants, coffee shops and pubs within walking distance along the 10-12 block length of the Mall, and buses, if needed, run every few minutes. It appears that about one in four is a free bus; they are prominently marked. I typically saw an interval of 2-4 minutes for a bus or 6-12 minutes for a free one. The Nicolette Mall area area is clean, attractive, and well patrolled.

The computer in the business center was available, but after 15 minutes trying to print a boarding pass and continually encountering the "wait circle of death" I gave up on it. Could have been my own fault (new WIN version), but I have my doubts. The hotel charges for parking. If you're going anywhere in the downtown area by car, count on the chance of paying a redundant parking charge that adds up in a hurry. That makes the bus even more appealing.

Hastings on Hudson, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed two nights in mid October. Dated appearance on the outside, very nice room decor. Helpful and pleasant staff.

Great location for walking. Took the Greenway to the Walker Art Museum.

Stayed on club level. Nice continental breakfast in club level lounge with nice views of the city.

Reasonable parking rates with in/out privileges.

Only negative, the only free wi-fi is in lobby/restaurant. On club level, would expect it free in rooms or at least in club lounge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium Hotel for a conference in September. Very convenient to the Convention Center, less than a 5 minute walk. The hotel looks old and dated on the outside but the inside is very nice and modern. Upon check in they had champagne which was a nice touch. However, my room was not available at the time so I waited around and came back to check in and they didn't have any more King beds available which is what I had reserved. So they stuck me in a double bed room. Still nice and was sufficient. Staff took a long time to check in and the service was just so so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Falls Church
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location was exactly what I needed. As the weather was great, I never onced used the skyways. Literally, it was a five min walk to the convention center and from there, no more than 15 min from all the restaurants. The staff was friendly and provided assistance when asked. The room I stayed in was spectacular; along with the view. The size of the room was great as well, I had room to walk around and wasn't squeezing between furnitures. The downside to the room were the dead pixels in the middle of the tv. Also, despite making my reserveation five months prior, I was charged at the new per diem rate rather than at the rate I reserved it at. Lessoned learned, call and get clarification.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Traveler 482055082,
I am very sorry about the unpleasant experience that you had in our North 45 Restaurant for breakfast. This is certainly not the level of service that we pride ourselves on, nor do we accept.
I will forward your concerns to the outlet manager and the Director of Food and Beverage for immediate response.
If your travel plans bring you back to Minneapolis, I would love to have the opportunity to meet you and to ensure a much more enjoyable dining experience.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance.
Katie Neufeld

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!