“Nice Hotel in a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Lansing, Michigan
“Nice Hotel in a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Millennium Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. We flew into MSP Airport and took the light rail downtown. We then walked from the Nicollet Mall platform to the hotel which was very do-able (about 6-8 blocks and the weather was nice). The front desk staff was friendly and quick to check us in. Our room and bathroom seemed small (we had two double beds) but it was clean and updated and that is what really matters to us. We visited the pool in the lower level and it was very nice. We ate breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning. The hostess was quick to seat us and get us coffee, juice, etc. My one complaint is that the food wasn't very warm when it was served. Overall this is a nice hotel to stay in.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Millennium. I wasn't familiar with downtown Minneapolis, so it was a nice surprise to find that the hotel is right at the end of the Nicollet pedestrian mall. There are so many restaurants to walk or take the free bus to along the mall. All the staff at the hotel was extremely helpful and so nice. The room was spacious and well decorated. I have no complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind compliments. Our location in Minneapolis is such a great plus for us. Nicollet Pedistrian Mall is beautiful and the people watching is endless. Our $22 million renovation was such a fantastic opportunity for us. It is very rewarding the team to hear positive feedback. We hope that Minneapolis made a great impression and that we welcome you back soon.

Thank you!
Katie Neufeld
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was looking for a reasonable rate in this part of town. Prices were half of what other properties in the immediate area asked. We look mainly for clean and location.
We were amazed. Front desk staff extremely friendly and went above and beyond expectations to be helpful. Maid showed up mid afternoon offering ice and chocolates. How could you go wrong.
Ate at the restaurant for breakfast, and server cheerfully prepared a non menu item for us.
Parking was 16 dollars a day, but for the price of the room, no other downtown property could touch the value.
It is still a work in progress, so if a fancy facade is important to you; this isn't the place.
If you want what a hotel is really for; sleeping, eating, and exceptional staff, here you go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for a trade show and found the location to be ideal. Only a few blocks to the convention center and all of the downtown Minneapolis attractions. Even Target Field on the other side of downtown is only about 15-20 minutes walking. Very good value and the rooms were nice, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lyons, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had stayed here some time ago before the remodel and enjoyed our stay so booked in again. The remodeling is quite attractive and well done with some exceptions.
We were advised that it is ecologically sound to reuse our towels. There were beautiful, plentiful towels, which I would be very willing to reuse as suggested in the little hanging placard …if I had a place to hang them to dry. There are no towel bars or hanging hooks... There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom either. Maybe an oversight? Hard to dry the towels for reuse.

The tub is rather precarious for getting in and out...absolutely no grab bars nor towel bars to use for stability. A slip and fall is a definite possibility.

The AC control was not so easy to understand even after reading the "guest" book...but we did get it right in the end.

I think charging for wireless Internet is out of step with what we experience in our trips around the country. (Hey, maybe they should "hide" the cost by raising the room rate. As it is, it seems a bit of a Scrooge approach to add on a charge for Internet access.) This is a definite downgrade in my opinion. I was told there was free wi-fi in the lobby...I could not sign on to any such....glad I had my Verizon access...

Now as to the parking....I know that parking in a downtown area has a cost...I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is charging me in advance for the parking and then, when I pull into the garage after our afternoon of sightseeing, telling me the lot is full and I will have to go elsewhere to park and that I should go to the check in counter the prepaid cost would be refunded., Getting a refund is not the point. We were guests of the hotel and had already paid for our parking and expected to be able to park when we wanted to. Instead we were sent to park in the Hyatt lot ....and then when they refunded our prepaid parking they managed to overcharge us. I watch the bill so I caught it and the correction was made; likely it was unintentional, but the details of paying and refunding are rife for error.

We had children with and they enjoyed the pool so that was a plus.

The rooms were quiet and attractive...the placement of the TV (fastened to the wall) was rather strange especially since there was only one comfortable chair to use to watch it and it sure was not comfortable to watch from the bed...nice picture tho...bed super comfortable...

Package price was very good.

Has a great location and depending on the plans for our next Minneapolis visit, we might stay here again...and then maybe not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Newly renovated hotel in downtown Minneapolis, yet some old decor still present in rooms. Lobby is all new and quite pretty. Concierge upon check in on the first night was extremely chatty and nice. Rooms are quite tiny and awkward shaped. Stayed in a room with two double beds, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was overall fairly clean, some dirty marks on the walls. Unable to get hot water in shower first night after running the tap on full blast for quite some time. Next morning tub water was hot but tap water was only warm. Same problem the next day again, once with the tub water and once with the tap water. Didn't bring it to the attention of the hotel as it wasn't unbearably cold but would have enjoyed hotter water. Forgot a razor and asked for a complimentary one from the front desk. It took about 25 mins for the razor to finally arrive. When I commented on the lengthy time after about 20 mins, the worker told me that I was incorrect and that it had only been about 3 minutes. The location was great. Quick walk to Nicollet Mall, Target and The Local restaurant which serves a great breakfast. Checked out a baseball game one evening, walk was about 10-15 mins. Parking wasn't an issue in that we always found a spot in their adjacent parkade. Didn't have to park across in Hyatt as others have stated. Parking cost us 16 flat rate per day. Overall, I'd recommended this hotel if the price is fair, we booked on Hotwire and were happy with it based on the rate we paid. Would give it 3.5 stars overall.

• Stayed August 2013
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The front desk staff welcomed us and were very helpful with directions and restaurant ideas. The room was well appointed with nice bedding and a comfortable king sized bed. Bath towels and hair care products were nice. There was a hummm or buzzing noise that was distracting during the night. We enjoyed the location on Nicolette Mall. Parking was $16 a day and we could come and go as we pleased.We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear ChaChi121,
Thank you so much for your great feedback about the service you received from our front desk staff. They are a great group of people. I apologize for the noise issue that you experienced. I am not aware of anything that would be causing this.

If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis, please feel free to contact me directly and I will gladly assist with your reservations needs.

Katie Neufeld

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!