“Perfect location for convention center and downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“Perfect location for convention center and downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for a trade show and found the location to be ideal. Only a few blocks to the convention center and all of the downtown Minneapolis attractions. Even Target Field on the other side of downtown is only about 15-20 minutes walking. Very good value and the rooms were nice, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lyons, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had stayed here some time ago before the remodel and enjoyed our stay so booked in again. The remodeling is quite attractive and well done with some exceptions.
We were advised that it is ecologically sound to reuse our towels. There were beautiful, plentiful towels, which I would be very willing to reuse as suggested in the little hanging placard …if I had a place to hang them to dry. There are no towel bars or hanging hooks... There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom either. Maybe an oversight? Hard to dry the towels for reuse.

The tub is rather precarious for getting in and out...absolutely no grab bars nor towel bars to use for stability. A slip and fall is a definite possibility.

The AC control was not so easy to understand even after reading the "guest" book...but we did get it right in the end.

I think charging for wireless Internet is out of step with what we experience in our trips around the country. (Hey, maybe they should "hide" the cost by raising the room rate. As it is, it seems a bit of a Scrooge approach to add on a charge for Internet access.) This is a definite downgrade in my opinion. I was told there was free wi-fi in the lobby...I could not sign on to any such....glad I had my Verizon access...

Now as to the parking....I know that parking in a downtown area has a cost...I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is charging me in advance for the parking and then, when I pull into the garage after our afternoon of sightseeing, telling me the lot is full and I will have to go elsewhere to park and that I should go to the check in counter the prepaid cost would be refunded., Getting a refund is not the point. We were guests of the hotel and had already paid for our parking and expected to be able to park when we wanted to. Instead we were sent to park in the Hyatt lot ....and then when they refunded our prepaid parking they managed to overcharge us. I watch the bill so I caught it and the correction was made; likely it was unintentional, but the details of paying and refunding are rife for error.

We had children with and they enjoyed the pool so that was a plus.

The rooms were quiet and attractive...the placement of the TV (fastened to the wall) was rather strange especially since there was only one comfortable chair to use to watch it and it sure was not comfortable to watch from the bed...nice picture tho...bed super comfortable...

Package price was very good.

Has a great location and depending on the plans for our next Minneapolis visit, we might stay here again...and then maybe not.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Newly renovated hotel in downtown Minneapolis, yet some old decor still present in rooms. Lobby is all new and quite pretty. Concierge upon check in on the first night was extremely chatty and nice. Rooms are quite tiny and awkward shaped. Stayed in a room with two double beds, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was overall fairly clean, some dirty marks on the walls. Unable to get hot water in shower first night after running the tap on full blast for quite some time. Next morning tub water was hot but tap water was only warm. Same problem the next day again, once with the tub water and once with the tap water. Didn't bring it to the attention of the hotel as it wasn't unbearably cold but would have enjoyed hotter water. Forgot a razor and asked for a complimentary one from the front desk. It took about 25 mins for the razor to finally arrive. When I commented on the lengthy time after about 20 mins, the worker told me that I was incorrect and that it had only been about 3 minutes. The location was great. Quick walk to Nicollet Mall, Target and The Local restaurant which serves a great breakfast. Checked out a baseball game one evening, walk was about 10-15 mins. Parking wasn't an issue in that we always found a spot in their adjacent parkade. Didn't have to park across in Hyatt as others have stated. Parking cost us 16 flat rate per day. Overall, I'd recommended this hotel if the price is fair, we booked on Hotwire and were happy with it based on the rate we paid. Would give it 3.5 stars overall.

• Stayed August 2013
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The front desk staff welcomed us and were very helpful with directions and restaurant ideas. The room was well appointed with nice bedding and a comfortable king sized bed. Bath towels and hair care products were nice. There was a hummm or buzzing noise that was distracting during the night. We enjoyed the location on Nicolette Mall. Parking was $16 a day and we could come and go as we pleased.We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear ChaChi121,
Thank you so much for your great feedback about the service you received from our front desk staff. They are a great group of people. I apologize for the noise issue that you experienced. I am not aware of anything that would be causing this.

If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis, please feel free to contact me directly and I will gladly assist with your reservations needs.

Katie Neufeld
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My stay at the Millennium Hotel was one of the best experiences I've had recently. Starting with the front desk staff, which is always a good indicator of the quality of service you'll get, the check-in process was smooth and very pleasant. Even though there were a couple of people in line, the process went quickly, but didn't feel rushed. Colin had my reservation right at hand and made sure to explain to me that I had booked on the "Club" level and there was a lounge there stocked with Soda's and newspapers if I wanted to relax with a nice view.

The room was very stylish, it's a little hard to see in the photos, but there's a sliding door for the bathroom that gave the room a "asian-inspired" kind of feel. It was well appointment and very comfortable. The bed was a little on the softer side, which is exactly what I like and I slept well. In general the property was very well maintained and very quiet - great for sleeping and relaxing.

I had a breakfast coupon for a "continental breakfast" included with the Club level booking, basically a cup of coffee and a pastry. I opted to go for a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant and they were nice enough to take the value of the coupon off the cost of the breakfast. I thought this was a really nice touch because so many places would have just made you pay the full amount regardless of the coupon.

The bar attached to the restaurant was very stylish although a bit quiet. I didn't have a drink there, but it looked nice and would have been a great place to meet up before a night out.

Parking in downtown Minneapolis is always a bit of a challenge, but there is a parking ramp adjacent to the hotel. Apparently the hotel has a deal with the parking ramp, so you can get a "park and go" pass that lets you come and go as you please for a fixed daily rate. Since I planned to take a cab - mainly because I didn't know my way around very well, I just parked and stayed until Sunday - $34 for the weekend - not too bad.

The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel is that they seem to have a few technology issues. The first is the Wi-Fi. They charge you $9.95 for 24 hours of access in the guest room area - I really don't understand why good hotels still do this when you can stay at the Econolodge and get free Wi-Fi. In addition to charging for it it was very hit-and-miss for a signal in the room and I couldn't get it working initial (and I work in I/T for a living - I set up wireless networks for friends all the time). I had to call into their technical support line to get it fixed. The other issue was the phone. The message waiting indicator blinked the whole weekend even though I didn't have a message, and neither I nor the front desk could clear it.

Technical issues not withstanding, it was a great stay and I highly recommend it as an excellent hotel for downtown Minneapolis.

By the way - check out the hotel location on a map and you'll see it's right on Nicollet Mall which has great bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Book the club level. I was lucky that Orbitz had a 20% discount on the hotel which covered the up-ch...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
lingua5,
Thank you for the great feedback! We are constantly focused on guest service and ensuring that the associates have the tools and the confidence to do their jobs well. I am so fortunate to have the team that I do.

I want to apologize for the issues with your wi-fi connectivity. Our service provider was made aware of the problem. I know how frustrating it is to have something as important as your internet connection not work properly.

I hope that when you return to Minneapolis you try out North 45. It is a great bar and with the arrival of cold winter nights inevitable...a spot near the fireplace will be one of the best seats in town.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Katie Neufeld
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Conveniently located to the free bus on the Mall, other bus stops going elsewhere in the city, and the bike rentals. (About 1 mile from the light rail and the river, and about 3/4 mile from the ballpark.) Nicely furnished and comfortable hotel, at a very good value. Our service experience was generally very good but we did often notice very long lines at the reception desk, with folks waiting an excessive duration during peak hours. We attended a wedding reception held here - the food was very good, and the reception held on the top floor with the dome having a view of the city, which was quite unique. Large fitness center with good equipment - small pool located in the basement with a low ceiling....a bit odd.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from the ice machines/elevators.
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Room was very well done, spacious and stylish. Reasonable priced. Great location, you can get on the light rail to airport or mall of America. Beds very comfortable. Only Internet was in lounge area unless you wanted to pay. You do pay for parking. Staff was very friendly. We didn't eat at restaurant but it looked very nice. We would stay again the only real concern I had was a fight broke out in front of the hotel at about 3 a.m. No fault of the hotel of course, but it went on for a very long time and I was surprised the front desk didn't call the authorities. No way they couldn't have heard it. We were on the third floor and it kept me up for well over an hour.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!