“Top rate for low price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
WINNIPEG
“Top rate for low price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed three nights in the heart of the city. Great walking distance to all attractions and the metro train. Parking was pay but the hotel was close to covered security lot. Horse carriage was a nice touch for a romantic ride through the nearby park.

Room Tip: Direct hotel booking was less than any discount website.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a Tastefully Simple conference and received fast, friendly service at the bar. We stopped in for a cocktail even though we weren't staying in this hotel. Highly recommend it to anyone in the area! Kathryn was our server and we hope to have her again next time!

• Stayed August 2013
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
TS Lady 09,
Thank you so much for your great review of our North 45 Bar. We are so excited about the great changes in our space and our staff simply adds to a great experience.
We can't wait to welcome you back!

Millennium Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Didn't even stay at the hotel this go around. Had a drink at the bar and was pleasantly surprised with the positive attitudes, the exquisite courtesy and the fine drinks! Staff is long-term and very pleasant!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very recently remodeled hotel. Exceptionally clean and right on Nicolett mall. Beautiful pool and gym on lower level. Really friendly helpful staff. Room had small refrigerator. Nice bathroom with plenty counter space.

• Stayed August 2013
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
R S,
Thank you for your very kind review. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed our hotel and our hospitality.
The decision to add the small refridgerators in all of the guestrooms during the renovation has proven to be a great idea. Our guests love the added benefit!
It is fun to see and hear our guests having a wonderful time in the pool or working out in the fitness suite. There was much consideration about what equipment to purchase to best meet the needs of travellers. It sounds like the right decisions were made. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for staying with us.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Bad:

Rooms: No wireless internet in any of three rooms I tried (or several times in the lobby bar). A/C thermostat completely non-intuitive, had to have an engineer get me started. In my final room (on the north end), TV does not face or rotate to face the bed, cannot watch TV from the bed. Bathroom night light shines into the bed area - bathroom door must be completely closed to block the light.

Lobby/Restaurant: There is no real lobby to sit and enjoy people and hotel activity. Too many separators (dividers) in the bar/lounge area. It's pretty and new, but needs to be more open and inviting. The restaurant is hidden in a far, dark corner - no ambiance at all, and in fact, almost always empty. I attempted to dine there several times but decided to eat my meals at the Hyatt across the street.

The Very Good:

Staff: Excellent attitudes all around. Standouts: Chelsea and Colin.

Chelsea: felt bad that I was unable to connect to Wi-Fi in my room, and several times in the lobby area. Located a long Ethernet cable for me to use in my room as a make-do. She gave me a free breakfast for my angst. My free room-service breakfast was FANTASTIC in every way. Chelsea continued to monitor my comfort for the rest of my week's stay.

Colin: Also empathetic about the lack of Wi-Fi and the non-intuitive A/C thermostat. We tried three different rooms for the Wi-Fi issue, and even though I was never able to connect, he gave me what he considers one of the best, largest rooms - the one he puts his mother in when she visits. That was a fine gesture of goodwill. On my last day, Colin sent a bottle of wine, a glass, corkscrew, linen napkin, and tray to my room as an additional gesture to make up for my internet issue.

Summary: The hotel itself has "newness" issues. It's trying, but has kinks to work out. I think you really need to open up your lobby/bar/restaurant area - huge redo so soon, but I think it will make a big difference. Your staff, particularly Chelsea and Colin, deserve praise for their efforts.

Thanks and good luck.
Don Bailey

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Bailey,
Thank you for your review! As you mentioned, we are working out some kinks and appreciate your feedback.

In response to your issues, we have had some issues with Wifi connectivity and are working closely with our vendor, Wander Wifi, to address them. We certainly realize how important it is have reliable and quick internet service.

I feel bad that you did not like our lobby! There was a very large focus on the design both structurally and esthetically in our recent $22m renovation. The placement of the fireplace and the absense of walls between the lobby seating area and the North 45 Restaurant and Bar was done with the intention of having the space appear to be more open.

I am always very happy to hear about the great service that is offered by our team. You're right, Chelsea and Colin deserve praise for their efforts. They are both very important parts of the hospitality backbone of this beautiful new hotel.

I hope that your travels bring you back to Minneapolis is the future and that you choose to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further service.

Regards,
Utica, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here thinking it was close enought to the Mall of America. I would have booked outside the city if I thought about it more. The hotel is fine BUT parking at the hotel is $16 a day. It kinda messes up the whole deal along with getting in and out to the mail. The phone kept blinking like there was a message BUT there was none. I called like 4 times but they could not turn off the blinking red light.

Overall the hotel is nice and clean.

Room Tip: Save on wireless by going down the main desk and ask for a password to use in the lobby/bar area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for the issue with your message light on your guestroom telephone. We had an issue with several telephones in the hotel and the problem has been taken care of.

In regards to the parking charges, because we are a downtown property and parking is at a premium, we do charge. I am pleased to say that we are less expensive than many of the hotels in the area. For future reference, there is a complimentary bus that picks up directly in front of the hotel which drops off at the Light Rail. The LRT runs directly to the Mall of America. The price ranges from $1.75 to $2.25 depending on the time of day.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit in Minneapolis. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further assistance.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My fiancee is from Minneapolis, and we stayed here before the renovations were done. My first stay here, I joked with him, that I should have dumped him for taking me here. Between the rude and unattentive staff, to our room that's AC system was malfunctioning (it was the middle of July on the hottest day of the summer in humidity), a cockroach that I almost had a heart attack over when I saw it in the bathtub, I almost threw a fit at him after the 2nd night, because I was so frustrated. But on our trip this past July, his family told us the hotel was renovated and had new staff, and that they stayed here just for "fun" and it was an amazing stay, so we decided to try it again. The only reason we would even consider choosing this hotel again, is due to the proximity of everything in Downtown. First thing you notice is the decor. Very contemporary and sophisticated. Our room this time was great. Clean, modern and an AC system that kept our room as cold as we wanted it. We didn't try their restaurant, but it always looked busy. Check in was easy and quick, and they actually accommated our early check in. I also have to give a big thank you to Chelsea and Anita. I got a stomach bug the night we arrived and my fiancee was out on his bachelor party, and although the hotel didn't have any Alka Seltzer on hand, Anita suddenly showed up and went out of her way to bring me gingle ale and Alka Seltzer. I told my fiancee after we left that I wouldn't even mind if we had our wedding reception here next year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle,
Congratulations on your engagement!

I am so pleased to hear that you and your fiance had such a great stay with us! We are an entirely renovated $22m hotel. We are so excited about the new product and it is especially rewarding when our guests share in our enthusiasm and notice the big changes.

Chelsea and Anita are both excellent examples of the guest service that pairs perfectly with our beautiful new product. The entire team of service professionals on staff are truly having a great time taking care of our guests.

We would love to have your wedding here. Our space on the 14th floor is a wonderfully unique venue. The views of the Minneapolis skyline in our iconic dome are breath taking. The attention to detail during the planning and execution of your event will leave you both with nothing but great memories. Please call the hotel Catering Department and ask to speak with our Senior Catering Manager, Jessica Hazelton, at 612.359.2234 for details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Minneapolis.

Regards,
Katie Neufeld

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!