“Beautifully renovated downtown hotel close to everything!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Omaha, Nebraska
“Beautifully renovated downtown hotel close to everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel recently underwent a full renovation and its a remarkable transformation! Just steps away from Loring Park, the Convention Center and on Nicolette Mall, this hotel offers a wonderful value for a downtown location. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and modern with LCD TV's, wireless internet in the guest rooms, an electronic in room safe large enough for a laptop and a beautifully appointed bathroom. The only things that provided an issue for me was the motion activated AC unit and lack of sufficient parking for the number of guest rooms the hotel offers. The AC unit in the guest room would shut off if it didnt detect motion in the guest room. This was resolved with a quick call to engineering who deactivated the feature on the unit which allowed the room to cool nicely even when not in the room. I understand the feature saves the hotel a considerable amount of money on a yearly basis, however, when its in the mid 90's outside, I dont care to walk in to a guest room thats equally as warm. I also experienced an issue with parking. Being a guest at the hotel, I shouldn't be asked to park across the street at a Hyatt because the parking garage is full and have to pay a second parking charge in order to do so.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really enjoyed the modern tasteful and clean decor and awesome locatation. Price was also reasonable. Walking distance to dakota for jazz, many sidewalk cafes Walk on greenway to the sculpture garden and Loring park, Little longer walk or Short cab to Guthrie. Overall a perfect stay for our group of friends.

Room Tip: some rooms are smaller than others so if this matters to you make a request.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a hidden gem of a hotel. Joined to the convention center (which means I paid almost $100 a night less than the convention rate of my meeting) Great room, well appointed, quiet, and within a block of EVERYTHING in downtown Minneapolis. Perfect location at a great cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice hotel right in the heart of the shopping district of downtown Minneapolis, the Nicolette Mall. Attended a wedding reception there in the Penthouse on the 14th floor overlooking the Minneapolis skyline. Hors d'oeuvres and dancing in the dome of the Penthouse and dinner in the adjoining room, all floor to ceiling glass on all three side, again overlooking the city. A great venue for a wedding reception. Our room was very clean and the bathroom was very modern with a sliding door and it even had a night light under the mirror, another perk was that the hair dryer wasn't attached to the wall. Easy access to the airport, free public transportation with a connection for only $1.75 pp to ride the Light Rail directly to the airport, since the hotel didn't have an airport shuttle and a cab was $50, that was the only downfall. Lots of dining within walking distance of the hotel along with great shopping. The room was a little warm and we couldn't adjust the air. We found out later that you could adjust the temperature in the room but with the help of service personnel, that we found out from other guests, no big deal or we would have called.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hibbing, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has been upgraded with many newer amenities, etc, nice bar/lounge and fireplace off of lobby. Rooms have new and modern features. Easy walking to any place downtown...felt very safe. So you have to pay $16-18/night for parking. It is downtown MPLS...you need to expect that. We will return.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of my pet peeves is a slow check in and it was ... slow. Overall the hotel is inviting - lobby and bar area are nice. Room is standard sized, nicely done, comfortable bed. Close to convention center. Spent two nights here. What to like: great bartender (wish I could remember her name) - she knew her beers/wine and the second night she remembered what we (three of us) had had the night before. What not to like: getting banged $10 for 'high speed' internet when it is far from that. As another reviewer stated, when even the budget chains offer free wifi ... this almost amounts to a hidden charge. When its painfully slow, charging for it is insulting. Restaurant wait staff not on top of their game. Service @ breakfast was mediocre. I rarely (if ever) travel with my own toiletries as I'm on the road with carryon bags only and I've found that 99% of the hotels I stay in offer decent products. Give me a bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo and I'm a happy guy. I don't know what the Millennium was thinking when they chose the toiletries they did, horrible.

Room Tip: I had asked for a quiet room away from the elevators, ice/soda machines, service doors and they almo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Katie N, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
this_global_traveler,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry that the check-in process was long. We are constantly working to improve our processes and guest service and this is great feedback for us.
I'm excited to know that you had a good experience with our bartender in North 45! We have a great team of professionals and we are fortunate to have all of our service staff on our team.
I would be interested in additional feedback regarding the bath amenities. This is not a complaint that I have received in the past. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, it would be great!
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Minneapolis, you will provide us with another opportunity to change your perception to "excellent".
Katie Neufeld
612.359.2224
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Millennium Hotel is nice, but nothing special. Since it had claimed being updated I expected a bit more elegance. I'm fine with plain, but was surprised based on the marketing. Fine hotel, reasonably priced for urban center (conference rate). Room service was outrageously priced. The hotel lost our conference materials. Small conference and they accommodated us nicely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Minneapolis? Share your experiences!